Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 10:23 AM
Default Playables sharing dorm room
Is there a way for playables to share a room in a dorm?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 10:34 AM
Put two dorm doors on the room, and have them claim one each.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 2:02 PM
Or just have them both claim a room, but mainly live in one of them. Replace the bed with a double, and don't lock the door.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Or just have them both claim a room, but mainly live in one of them. Replace the bed with a double, and don't lock the door.

That's what I do when I send siblings to college. I have one claim one door, the other another door. Then I move the desk/wardrobe/whatever into one room and move both beds into the other room.
Theorist
#6 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 6:53 PM
If you don't want to have two doors on one room what I've done a few times is to activate the build/buy menu and put an archway between two rooms to connect them. Similar to connectin doors in a hotel :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 11:18 PM
Thanks!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
If you have Open For Business installed, you have more options for locking doors. You can lock/unlock doors for Household Members, and you can allow "Household Members" to sleep in one dorm.

I don't think you can do this with the dorm doors, though.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Link Ninja
#9 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 7:30 PM
One of my dorms has four rooms but I only put playables into it and they become dorm roommates. I have 1 claim the door and then use bunk-beds and just never have it locked. Because all sims on lot that live there are playable, I can manually keep them out of each others rooms.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.