Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 2:31 AM
Default Is It possible for Sims to buy uni lots and build on them?
I'm doing a Build a City challenge and I'd like to know if sims can buy property on university campuses and build spending their own money, rather than having free uni lots. It looks like there is a sim logical mod that might work for buying lots to build dorms, but I wasn't sure about the commercial lots on campus.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 9:52 AM
I know there is a mod to have your university in your hood. I don't use it, but it might be an option to you.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 1:21 PM
If a YA has enough money, and you place an empty lot in the neighborhood, the YA can move in and build normally. Once that YA moves back to the hood, though, he can't go back, and non-YAs can't visit University hoods unless invited to visit or on an outing/date with a YA.

To build a dorm, it's necessary to build it as a residential lot, then change the lot zoning. It is a very bad idea to change the lot zoning of an inhabited lot. Therefore, you could have someone build a lot while he was residing there, in the usual way; but he'd have to move out before it could become a dorm.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 1:48 AM
this might work out for me. Most build a city challenges require sims to pay tuition for college. I want the option to have YAs build a lot instead of paying for tuition.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 2:24 AM
I had my legacy kids build the legacy Greek House, which started as just lawn furniture.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~