Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#2601 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 5:16 PM
I have what is probably the same disease mod (one from MATY and two by Cyjon that make the disease processor work faster) and had a similar incident a few months ago. The Ottomas family of Riverblossom Hills barely survived a persistent bout of the flu. Well and good - this is a challenge and makes the game more exciting. On to the next house.

Jason Greenman came home from work with a cold. He was tired, so I sent him to bed to sleep it off and messed around with the rest of the family. Later that day, I noticed that the batbox no longer any "plague info". Oh okay, Jason must've gotten better and I just didn't notice the dialog box that said so. I woke him up, sent him to the bathroom and went to tell his wife Rose to do something when I noticed she had queued herself up to "cry softly". I still don't know wtf happened there. Jason had a cold and was apparently recovering from it in bed and all of a sudden he's dead with no warning whatsoever? I would not have had a problem with Jason dying if it had happened the way it was supposed to (notification of disease getting worse, etc.). If Rose hadn't pleaded successfully with Grim, I would have backed out without saving or cheated and resurrected him.

Is there anybody in your neighborhood who knew your sim's kids that might be able to resurrect them? Cyjon made a hacked bone phone that doesn't require anybody to be in the Paranormal career or know the dead sims, but it still costs $10,000 and only works for graves on the same lot (so a neighbor rich enough to afford the thing would still have to respawn the graves on his/her own home lot). If you don't mind cheating with a mod, the Sim Manipulator has an option to resurrect the dead under the "Misc." menu. This is free and should work with anybody, whether they knew the dead sims or not.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2602 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Synergy
Alarm clocks and other small electronics will go on the green OMSPs from this set: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=325570

Thank you.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#2603 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 7:46 PM
It bugs me that I can't name Japanese, Chinese, or Korean sims properly. GRRR! I don't mean the script; I'm fine with romanizing their names. But I hate hate hate the wrong order, and the obvious workaround still has problems.
Test Subject
#2604 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I have what is probably the same disease mod (one from MATY and two by Cyjon that make the disease processor work faster) and had a similar incident a few months ago. The Ottomas family of Riverblossom Hills barely survived a persistent bout of the flu. Well and good - this is a challenge and makes the game more exciting.

Is there anybody in your neighborhood who knew your sim's kids that might be able to resurrect them? Cyjon made a hacked bone phone that doesn't require anybody to be in the Paranormal career or know the dead sims, but it still costs $10,000 and only works for graves on the same lot (so a neighbor rich enough to afford the thing would still have to respawn the graves on his/her own home lot). If you don't mind cheating with a mod, the Sim Manipulator has an option to resurrect the dead under the "Misc." menu. This is free and should work with anybody, whether they knew the dead sims or not.

I ultimately forced Dalia to get the Paranormal career reward and resurrected them through that. Still frustrates me that it's not suppose to "tick" while they're at school/work but it sometimes does it anyway. The kids got sick again through their mom once resurrected but everyone survived it that time.
Test Subject
#2605 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 9:47 PM
A few of mine:

1) The obligatory need to wear outerwear clothing in a greenhouse; should this not be classed as indoors?
2) How you have to have every door unlocked for the Spectral Assistant generated from Appello Servantus to work properly. Why can they not pass through locks like hobby instructors?
3) The common trick for the game to bring home a random NPC at the end of a child/teen's school day when there's an approximate of 4 others in the same age group that are playable.
4) The lifespan values for adults and younger; doing a calculation tells us that a child will turn into an adult from birth in 29 days (25 if you exclude an extra day from the Grow Up interaction) and adults turn to elder in 29. Leaves very limited time for sims to focus on their careers.
Scholar
#2606 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jallun
4) The lifespan values for adults and younger; doing a calculation tells us that a child will turn into an adult from birth in 29 days (25 if you exclude an extra day from the Grow Up interaction) and adults turn to elder in 29. Leaves very limited time for sims to focus on their careers.

Aging mods!
Mad Poster
#2607 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 10:35 PM
I would recommend @BoilingOil's Slow Aging Controller which is less of a hassle to put into an already-established hood than an age-modifying hack. Very customizable too, so long as you have SimPE.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#2608 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 10:42 PM
Oh, and another pet peeve is that they broke the debug get abducted thing.
Mad Poster
#2609 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 10:43 PM
I have a hack to fix it, but I don't recall what it is off-hand. Would you like me to look?

Scholar
#2610 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 10:48 PM
Nah, just did a quick google search and found it. Didn't realize it was a thing (and ALSO didn't realize it was a Pescado hack not included in the Al Director's Cut for some reason.)
Mad Poster
#2611 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 10:58 PM
Yeah, the one I have is Get_Abducted_On_Command.package, but I can't figure out who made it because I had it in the wrong folder.

EDIT: Managed to track it down.
http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...c,107922.0.html

Top Secret Researcher
#2612 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Synergy
Alarm clocks and other small electronics will go on the green OMSPs from this set: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=325570

What about teddy bears? Teddy bears and OMSPs are the ultimate pet peeve. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to decorate a child's bed with a bear or a doll only to remember I can't.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#2613 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 12:36 AM
One of my OMSPs, although I couldn't tell you which one, will let the teddy bears on. But then Sims will take them off and they'll be floating around in their hands. Or maybe that's shelves.

Mad Poster
#2614 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 9:20 AM
The purple shiftable ones. Or possibly the black one which takes everything, "strong stackable OMSP for basegame". That then clicks into other OMSPs.

They definitely make teddies float which is annoying. Probably why the others disable them.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#2615 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RenWolfe
...a nasty cold.... no one had a pop up for pneumonia so it shouldn't be that serious yet. Everything seemed fine until Arthur came home where after setting down his homework, he hacked for a minute, tried to go to bed but unceremoniously croaked right after changing into his PJs. His sister was arriving home at this point but before I could get her to go plead for her brother's life, she started her own five minute hack session where she then promptly keeled over. Their mother was arriving and apparently missed her chance to save her daughter due to hacking up a lung but actually didn't die.

First, make sure you got the second version of the Realistic Sickness mod. The version in the first post of the thread is very broken and makes them die too easily. The "fixed" version is on page 3 or something. I believe the original post is edited to explain this.

HOWEVER - notice I said "fixed". Because the second version is still broken. The code to make the cold transform into pneumonia when it hits its lethal dose is never called, and the sims will just die. Plus, orange juice doesn't work on them at all. So you do need to be really careful when they get colds, because they will die from them unless you give them comfort soup (which does work). I use this version, and it's OK - you can keep sims alive by keeping an eye on their sickness level using the batbox and making sure they actually rest, but it will also definitely kill your sim if you don't keep an eye on them, if you make them go to work/school, if they can't rest enough, etc.

Mad Poster
#2616 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 11:42 AM
Thanks for explaining this. I do have the updated version of realistic sickness by pioupiou. I like it a lot and have no objection to my sims dying now and then for various reasons, but it shouldn't be from catching a cold. My sims don't often get sick, but I'll be sure to keep a closer eye on them if they do come home with a cold.

I've also been using these two by Cyjon, which from the descriptions, should make diseases at least a bit more severe even without pioupiou's realistic sickness. At least they don't take as long to recover or get worse.

Faster Disease Processing
http://www.cyjon.net/node/437

Frequent Disease Processing
http://www.cyjon.net/node/441
Mad Poster
#2617 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 12:36 PM
Yes, I have both of those. When I first put them in it caused a spate of deaths but once established they actually keep disease more stable.

This helps but if you prefer the mystery, don't read. It's the code behind how quickly a sim recovers or deteriorates.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,5200.0.html

Mad Poster
#2618 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 7:25 PM
I copied the plague info to a text file some time ago. Whenever one of my sims does become sick, I pull up that file and monitor the sim's condition with the batbox.

Somehow I find it oddly appropriate that this mod makes the common cold the most lethal disease in this weird and buggy game. I think I can live with that now that I know the reason for it.
Scholar
#2619 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 2:54 PM
My pet peeve is how you can't change the household names without an editing program.
Mad Poster
#2620 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks. 'Course, a day or two after I feel better, my wisdom tooth (I'm one of those lucky people who have two sets of them! sheesh) cracks in half and I end up with a nasty infection. The combination of antibiotics and painkillers I'm taking pretty much wipes me out.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2621 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 10:05 PM
That sounds nasty. Take care and feel better soon.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#2622 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 10:15 PM
Strongs, ihatetomandatoryregister - that has to be painful!
Mad Poster
#2623 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 11:13 PM
Ouch! Bless your heart. Feel better soon.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Lab Assistant
#2624 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 12:49 AM
I'm sorry to hear that, Bulby. I hope you feel better soon!
I can kinda relate to the whole "two sets of wisdom teeth" thing. I only have one set, but there's been a ~20 year debate on whether or not I'll need my third molars out (currently the decision is 'no'). Curse my small mouth and big teeth!

Not really a game-based peeve, but a pet peeve nonetheless: Getting back into an established neighbourhood after my ADHD wanders off to play another game for a while... Who is who, now? Where was I? What was I doing? Who owns that business?!
Mad Poster
#2625 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 12:59 AM
Fortunately, I'm doing better than I was a few days ago - I haven't had to take anything for the pain today, so I hope the infection's clearing up.

@Dagwon - http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...328#post5069328 Spreadsheets help a lot with this. Though now that I think about it, I should make a sheet for owned businesses....

Page 105 of 274