Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 8:38 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons
Default Sims 3 game not recognising .package files.
So, I posted a while ago about having no sound coming from my game.

I managed to fix this my doing a system restore, but in doing so, it caused the game not to be able to read my electronic arts folder correctly. So, I renamed it, let the game generate a new one, and moved my save files and downloads over to the newly created file.

Well, it recognises my save file, and the .sims3pack CC that I moved over, but it's acting as if my Mods folder isn't there at all. When I load my save game, it says "Some objects could not be loaded, and were replaced", or words to the effect.

I double checked, and my mods folder is definitely in there... so why isn't my game recognising it? How can I fix this? Literally HALF of my CC is in .package format, including Twallans mods and custom skintones... I can't bear the thought of playing without them!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 9:47 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Verify Package Installation
    To help you further, please carefully read and follow the following:

First, double-check your setup: These instructions will take you through the things you should check yourself: Package Files Not Working. You may be able to fix the problem yourself using those instructions.

Still not working? Then we will need ALL of the following information.
    1. What is the version of your base game?
      Windows OS: Game_Help:TS3_Patching_Find_Gameversionwiki
      Mac OSX: Game_Help:TS3_Patching_Find_Gameversion#info.plistwiki

Copy and paste the indicated line from the skuversion.txt or info.plist, from the respective locations shown in the Find Gameversion Wiki, which would show you how to navigate to the following path: \Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
      Quote:
      BG: GameVersion =
    2. Take THREE screenshots... one each of the following locations, with the Explorer/Finder window showing the Details View:
      • Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\
      • Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\
      • Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages

... and attach them to a post on this thread. Click Go Advanced and then Manage Attachments. Or if it says the pictures are too big, you can upload them to modyourpanties.com and copy and paste the links.
      We have a guide on how to take screenshots if you need assistance: Game_Help:Screenshotswiki.

Make sure you set your folder view to Details mode, that you have file types showing (.package, .cfg, etc. on the ends of the filenames) and expand out the Name and Type columns so they're fully readable!

3. Open your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\resource.cfg file in Notepad/TextEdit and copy-paste its contents here.

4. Right-click on Resource.cfg and check Properties. Is the file name Resource.cfg or Resource.cfg.txt or something else?

Last time someone had this problem after a system restore, their Resource.cfg had gone missing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 10:13 AM
Aaah, thank you!
It was my resource.cfg file - somehow, it got deleted during the move! Can't believe I didn't notice it! :-o
I downloaded the one from the first link that you posted, and it's all working now!