Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 12:18 AM
Default Create NPCs: Maid, Gardener, Bartender ...
I'm building a neighborhood completely from scratch. Creating my own townies is no problem with Simlogical's Teleporter Cat or the townie gun (boolprop), but I've looked around and never found anyone saying anything about how I can create my own service NPCs: maids, butlers, headmasters, etc.

Does anyone of you know of any utility that makes it possible to turn CAS-Sims into service NPCs?
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 1:33 AM Last edited by maxon : 4th Jan 2016 at 1:15 PM.
You can't easily - the game generates them as you play. What you can do is use a plug in with SimPE and clone over their appearance with sims made in Bodyshop (called altsimsurgery).

You could probably change their internal coding - there is a list of NPC codes somewhere. I've always cloned myself (for various reasons) so I can't help you with that.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 5:50 AM
Sim Wardrobe has a NPC clothing replacer, but it doesn't work for me since I switched from XP to Windows 7.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#4 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 12:06 PM
NPC can't be created but you can use Alt Sim Surgery on NPCs, so you can replace their appearances with Body Shop sims.
Look at this tutorial. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=74939

I tried to turn a sim into a NPC once but it didn't work. Even though she was dressed like maid and was added to the NPC household. She even had the NPC type assigned but the game didn't read her as a NPC; it generated a new maid instead.
But using the make-over method, I was able to change the maid's appearance.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 8:55 PM
Thank you all so much for your helpful responses! I'll definitely look into that tutorial.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 2:25 PM
Paladin Sims 2 has a program for that here ...its old but it probably will work for you.. just go there and to "programs" menu
hope this helps
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 1:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LA MEMES
Paladin Sims 2 has a program for that here ...its old but it probably will work for you.. just go there and to "programs" menu
hope this helps

How cool, thank you so much! You guys are the best
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 8:15 PM
You can also use Christianlov's NPC maker. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=286864 Even though it's not said there I believe it has an option to hire a playable sim as a maid or bartender etc on the painting.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~