Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 10:28 PM
Default using milkshape -- completely confused
Okay I'm at a *complete* loss as to how to use milkshape. I've used jwoods tutorial to build a table, but I am still at a loss. Are there any other tutorials out there that tell me not only how to do things like move vertex individually... but also why I do certain things so I understand it fully?

Thanks to the tutorial I now know how to clone an object and import it into Milkshape.. but by not understand what each thing is, and not understand how to do anything more than make a box or sphere, I'm at a lost.

Things I need to know:

Mainly I want to know -- is there a way to move the vertex? and reshape objects? example would be if I want to make a wall deco. and I want to make a circle.. is there a way to delete or flatten the back? I know there is, but moving things is nearly impossible. lol..

Help? please?

Note :I'm posting this here because there is one other milkshape question. Appologies in advance if its in the wrong place.

Turtle Turtle!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 10:39 PM
Here is a link that may help. http://www.joshonen.ch.vu/
Scholar
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 12:44 AM
You might try postingin general modding. You might get help there also.

Teresa
Mesh Maestro
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 5:45 AM
Quote:
Mainly I want to know -- is there a way to move the vertex?and reshape objects?
Yes, select the vertice by clicking on it or dragging a box around it (or many/ hold shift key while selcting multiple vertices) then select "Move" using your cursor in any window click and move where ever you like.

Quote:
example would be if I want to make a wall deco. and I want to make a circle.. is there a way to delete or flatten the back? I know there is, but moving things is nearly impossible. lol..
If you slect all the vertices in the back of a sphere then go to the "Vertex" menu you canselect "Flatten".

Reading is the key to all knowledge, math is the key to everything.
Scholar
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 12:09 AM
A very good place to start is to download the Help manual from the MilkShape site - it's a separate download, so people often miss it, but there is a lot of good information in it about using the program's features.

For example, I often see people complain that you can't select vertices in the 3d window, but you most certainly CAN do this.
Mesh Maestro
#6 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 12:16 AM Last edited by JWoods : 3rd Aug 2005 at 12:19 AM.
Another point is the tutorials out there, weather it be MilkShape or any 3D program the programs tutorials are a must...

Here's the page for MilkShape it provides a lot of help...
http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-.../tutorials.html