Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Super Moderator
staff: senior moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 12:36 AM Last edited by LyricLee : 21st Jul 2006 at 6:10 PM.
Default Zero Tolerance Policy!
This is a little reminder and update for all of you who wish to upload here.

We are very proud of those who take the time and effort to read our tutorials and learn how to create enhancements for the Sims 2. However....

There have been recent uploads here that are nothing more than stolen items.

Cloning someone elses object without their permission and using it for your own is..THEFT!

Using 3d models from web sites and converting them without permission is..THEFT!

Using someones custom content in your lots, on sims, or modifying their content without permission is...THEFT!

Using someones alphas and/or textures without permission is... you guess it...THEFT!

Theft of any kind is absolutely 100% not tolerated here. There is no excuse to try and gain recognition for items you did not create to begin with.
There is now a ZERO TOLERANCE Policy here.
If you are caught, and YES we do inspect all uploads very carefully, so you will be caught, Your uploading rights will be revoked instantly, and you may also be permanantly banned form this web site.

Creations belong to the creator only. You MUST respect their wishes for their content. There are laws governing such... Please be respectful so that this community can grow and work together. This is not a change in our rules guys. This is just letting you know that we will be enforcing this much harder than ever.

EDIT FROM POST 61
OK let me clarify here since this has become a tad of a debate-

For example I state on all of my uploads do not post anywhere except MTS2. I leave my name in the tool tips etc....

If a creator does not leave their terms of use, or a tool tip, then you should not include that content on your sims or in your lots.

but MOST importantly if a creator says "DO NOT SHARE MY STUFF" make sure you dont share it. Its just a matter of respect thats all there is to it.

WHile Maxis owns the game, the content does belong to the creator themselves. Think of game content as a painting. Someone else manufactures the canvas, but the artist does the picture on it. The picture therefore belongs to that artist. And if you hang that painting in your home, and sign your name to it instead of the original painters, its just wrong.

All uploads on MTS2 MUST HAVE LINKS. Its been in our guidelines for avery long time now. If you dont know who made a certain piece of content, we do not allow you to share that content here. You have to be very careful and utilize the sims Clean Installer to make sure you have links for all content you use in your uploads here.

You also can not take someones mesh, rework it, rename it and say its yours without them telling you that youre allowed first and without proper credits...again an act of respect.

We can't do anything about the exchange, However if you do take items form this web site, and post them to the exchange without credit you will be banned.
Just be respectful thats all there is to say.
People who invest time into creating something for someone elses enjoyment deserve to have proper credtis for it.

Thank you all.
1 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 12:50 AM
Right on lyric lee. I think its great that the sims team is warning people because a lot of people some how think its alright to upload other peoples stuff and take credit. Hopefully there will be less of that.

I'm back, trying make a name for myself in the sims community. I'm going to try to match up the meshes with the content I previously made so I can share it with everyone :]. I wish my username didn't suck so much, I think I'll make a new one for the sims 3 :]
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 1:31 AM
thanks for cracking down on the folks that have been doing this Glad it's being enforced even more now

Do not post my creations anywhere unless you have my permission

Check out my website!
Instructor
#4 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 1:41 AM
Wow, I Jjust saw a knokoff of one of Iffkas swimsuit's, the THEIF just removed the jewel in the center. Thats the kind of scum this site can do without!

Thanks lyric for the reminder!

Please say thank you if you like my work and also,Please read my Terms of use -Thank you and enjoy my work!
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 1:48 AM
good job, and happy birthday

Two Words: Squirt. Gun.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 2:01 AM
ah, intellectual property rights. aren't they so..... satisfying??
Instructor
#7 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 2:12 AM
One of the many reason's this is my favorite site. Thanks.

* If you download my sets please note that I usually include a collection file. Please do not pm me that you can not find something from my sets if you have not yet installed the collection file. I do it for a reason. Thanks!
Test Subject
#8 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 2:36 AM
Even though people are being warned about it, there is still no stopping them. Obviously this kind of thing is never really taken seriously because its not important to people who care more about the real world then the internet or Sims world. So no one can stop every single person from stealing someones upload and calling it there own.

Yo ho, yo ho
A pirates life for me
And really bad eggs
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 2:37 AM
Damn straight LyricLee!! I hate seeing things that people put alot of effort into get stolen, it makes me feel so bad for whoever it was stolen from.
Super Moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by __disease
Even though people are being warned about it, there is still no stopping them. Obviously this kind of thing is never really taken seriously because its not important to people who care more about the real world then the internet or Sims world. So no one can stop every single person from stealing someones upload and calling it there own.

No we cant stop it everywhere, but it wont be tolerated here. And i Sure hope any creators being stolen from realize they do have legal rights to take action against those who steal.

Thanks to all of you who do the decent and respectable thing and create your own items...
Test Subject
#11 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 3:06 AM
Great, if only the real world came with a "zero tolerance" rule. :up It's annoying to see people steal work. It just ain't right, or legal .

Proud to run Vista
Test Subject
#12 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 3:22 AM
Thank you, LyricLee! It's nice to see zero tolerance in effect and enforced!

Want to see more of my creations? Click Here!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 3:28 AM
Rock on!!! This is a great stand to take and I appreciate and respect that MTS2 is taking it.

This is the kind of thing that, yes, is easy to say "The problem is too big for us to make much difference as just one site on the big ole 'net" and decide it's too much trouble. However giving in to those kind of thoughts is exactly what made the problem so large in the first place! At least this will show someone is willing to stand up and say it's not just worth it, it's essential.
Test Subject
#14 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 3:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LyricLee
This is a little reminder and update for all of you who wish to upload here.

We are very proud of those who take the time and effort to read our tutorials and learn how to create enhancements for the Sims 2. However....

There have been recent uploads here that are nothing more than stolen items.

If you are caught, and YES we do inspect all uploads very carefully, so you will be caught, Your uploading rights will be revoked instantly, and you may also be permanantly banned form this web site.

Creations belong to the creator only. You MUST respect their wishes for their content. There are laws governing such... Please be respectful so that this community can grow and work together.
Thank you all.

Thank you for this.

Have any of the stolen things made it to downloading? If so, which are they. I want to remove them from my game!

Again, thank you so much for everything you ALL do for this site!!

~Savoury

Please note: I do not share my models. Please do not ask. Thank you.

Super Moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 3:33 AM
Stolen Items are removed as soon as we catch them, Id rather not name names
Test Subject
#16 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 4:06 AM
Way to go! There is no excuse for passing off someone else's hard work as your own. I appreciate the diligence you all put into this site to make it the best!

It is better to keep your mouth shut and allow people to think you are unwise than open your mouth and confirm it!
Instructor
#17 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 4:18 AM
Well even though the majority of my creations are on TSR, I've stated publicly in my profile page there, that anyone anywhere is welcome to use whatever I create in their own creations. So if someone uploads anything that contains something of mine, I hope you won't reject it even if they "forget" to mention me and give me credit. Personally I don't care if credit is given to me or not. If I didn't want anyone else using it, I wouldn't put it on the net where they could get it.
Super Moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 4:26 AM
Neetseeker thats really wonderful of you- Most creators put their tou in their signature or on their posts, we jsut want uploaders and creators to be respectful of others wishesno matter what
Forum Resident
#19 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 4:49 AM
Using someones alphas and/or textures without permission is... you guess it...[COLOR=Red]THEFT![/COLOR]

Yeah, I always make my own alphas. Some people use my alphas, but I don't mind. Do I have to say in all my posts "you are welcome to use my alphas freely"?
Test Subject
#20 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 5:03 AM
Stolen Items are removed as soon as we catch them, Id rather not name names

That's all I needed! Thanks!

*runs off to continue downloading*

~Savoury

Please note: I do not share my models. Please do not ask. Thank you.

Super Moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 5:04 AM
Flying- you dont have to say, but its a good idea to note your terms of use somewhere so people uploading and creating can look you up and know for certain.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 5:06 AM
Somehow, I feel like I am going through Airport Security with a nailcliper, or walking through a public school with a plastic knife.

Either way, it is nice to see that an original creator is protected. Those who steal should be smacked, and not just across the knuckles.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 9:30 AM
This is good, I just wish it was like that at thesims2.com..I've seen other people taking credit for my outfits I've put on here!
Field Researcher
#24 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 9:30 AM
LyricLee,

It is nice to see more rules stepping into place to stop people stealing other people's work. Thank you for doing so.
Instructor
#25 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 9:41 AM
Well, I use to say that there's a 100% safe way of not being "stolen". Don't Post Your Work!
There are some things we also think about helping the creator to improve something because everyone has different tastes. But you get No Answer and receive sometimes Answers like "You are an idiot" or "The creator prefers not to receive Posts from You"ยจ
I personly respect them and I don't post anything that I adapted for my own use. I have a very different taste from the majority.
The same way, I have 100% open policy. What I don't want others to use, I simply Don't Post. What I put on line is 100% free to be used the way the user want.
I take from beginning that Maxis placed their own work free. No one forced them to this and I thank them for this. It makes the game fun for people that don't like gaming. You are incited to learn and develop your own dreams.
They placed a dream on line. I thank them for the oportunity for dreaming.
Thanks.
Locked thread
Page 1 of 4