Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 7:47 PM Last edited by Enitoni : 8th Apr 2012 at 10:27 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions
Custom music not showing up [Solved]
Hi, i've :google:'D and :google:'D, but no luck i can not figure out why this isnt working.
It did work before i uninstalled (WA), but now its not.

When i open the custom music only the default will play, and also i've checked the options, and theres only the default showing.I am not reinstalling the whole base game, as i've had errors doing that too and, I am not using any mods that do anything with the music at all.

Heres a picture (attachments) of my Custom Music Folder:
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 8:58 PM
What type of files (.mp3, .wav for example) are they? I'm pretty sure only mp3s will work.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 9:27 PM
Duh, mp3. Im not a typical "Wut is dat?" person, so i know what im doing.

But now i used a music manager (tested it right now) and the demo song there shows up, but not mine so what in the actuall heck is happening?
Weird.

Thanks anyway :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 9:41 PM
Edit: Maybe i should try replacing them and see if that works
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 10:04 PM
Okay, i tried deleting the old ones and adding new to the folder.
I added 2 new to the folder.

Heres what happened (screenshot)
As you can see it is now listed but only one.
NEW PROBLEMS:
  • The music wont play (only on the new item, the default plays)
  • There is a problem with the artist
  • I soon have no hair left. (lol)

help.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#6 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 10:28 PM
I don't really think the "duh, mp3" was necessary... I don't think the only person who replied to you was trying to say you don't know what you're doing.

Anywho, if what you're doing is only creating new problems, your best bet would be to uninstall and reinstall. Or maybe just delete the folder that holds your music, remake it, and put your music back into it. Can you give an example of what errors you get when you reinstall the base game? I've had to uninstall and reinstall my entire game and I've got more packs than you do. I don't get any errors during installation.

Believe me, I know your frustrations, but I only wish I had your error than the one I currently have. =/

Either way, I hope you get it figured out! It's always nice to have your own music playing in the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kayleena
I don't really think the "duh, mp3" was necessary... I don't think the only person who replied to you was trying to say you don't know what you're doing.

Anywho, if what you're doing is only creating new problems, your best bet would be to uninstall and reinstall. Or maybe just delete the folder that holds your music, remake it, and put your music back into it. Can you give an example of what errors you get when you reinstall the base game? I've had to uninstall and reinstall my entire game and I've got more packs than you do. I don't get any errors during installation.

Believe me, I know your frustrations, but I only wish I had your error than the one I currently have. =/

Either way, I hope you get it figured out! It's always nice to have your own music playing in the game.

Yes sorry about the "duh" part.
That was stupid of me.

Okay here is an example:

I've sitted for months to get this installed, i've had crc errors, errors that just made me go insane. And after i installed ambitions now this :'(

All i want is to have my favourite band to play in my game. Nothing more.

Thanks Anyway!

-Enitoni
Field Researcher
#8 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 10:47 PM
Okay, from a small amount of searching, it looks like a CRC error during installation means that you have faulty registry files. I seen someone say to download something called Perfect Optimizer, but that doesn't look to safe... So I wouldn't recommend that. However, you can get SFV Checker at cnet.com.
A description of this program:
"SFV Checker uses CRC-32 technology to check each file and notifies you of any potentially bad, corrupt, incorrect size or missing files to save you hours of downloading only to find you have 1 file missing or the last file has a CRC checksum error. The CRC value comparison is done by using a standard SFV file. If an SFV file is not available, you can drag and drop the file into the list view to produce the calculated CRC value. An informative report log is generated after file scanning that provides a list of missing and inconsistent files, as well as, a summary for the archive. SFV Checker can also concatenate files in the list and rename multi archives on the fly, e.g. Correct file naming for .001, .002, .003 files into .rar, .r00, r01 files.
What's new in this version: Version 1.24 adds double quotes support in -f and -c on the command line."

Uninstall your game and all expansions. Run this program, and reinstall.
I have a feeling that continuing to play your game might make things worse. I don't know for sure entirely, but it's good to be safe about it and try this.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kayleena
Okay, from a small amount of searching, it looks like a CRC error during installation means that you have faulty registry files. I seen someone say to download something called Perfect Optimizer, but that doesn't look to safe... So I wouldn't recommend that. However, you can get SFV Checker at cnet.com.
A description of this program:
"SFV Checker uses CRC-32 technology to check each file and notifies you of any potentially bad, corrupt, incorrect size or missing files to save you hours of downloading only to find you have 1 file missing or the last file has a CRC checksum error. The CRC value comparison is done by using a standard SFV file. If an SFV file is not available, you can drag and drop the file into the list view to produce the calculated CRC value. An informative report log is generated after file scanning that provides a list of missing and inconsistent files, as well as, a summary for the archive. SFV Checker can also concatenate files in the list and rename multi archives on the fly, e.g. Correct file naming for .001, .002, .003 files into .rar, .r00, r01 files.
What's new in this version: Version 1.24 adds double quotes support in -f and -c on the command line."

Uninstall your game and all expansions. Run this program, and reinstall.
I have a feeling that continuing to play your game might make things worse. I don't know for sure entirely, but it's good to be safe about it and try this.

Nah, all good.
You see the thing i did to get it installed was
  • run: Regedit
  • Find: The sims 3
  • DELETE ALL THE REGISTER FILES! lol
Field Researcher
#10 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 11:13 PM
And you're still having issues installing after that?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 2:17 PM Last edited by Enitoni : 8th Apr 2012 at 2:32 PM.
No, but i still cant get my custom music to work.
Edit: I dont get it, before i installed any expansions it worked fine, wich means; EA you stupid f***
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 8:59 PM
Arghhh, i've sitted for 2 days now, someone please help me.
It's in the right folder, it is mp3, some of them has the right bitrate
But still, Nothing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 9:24 PM
Aha, i just retagged "You dont have a clue" and now that one its working, perhaps it has something to do with the tag encoding??

Why are you reading this? Wierdo.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 10:27 PM
YAAAAAY!!! I finnaly got it.
Okay, so it looks like TS3 Wont accept non english letters, such as ø, å, æ, And in my opinion "ö" As in Röyksopp.
And these letters was in the filename so i just replaced them with o's and now its working :p
Thanks for help, but it looks like i figured it out on my own. YAY.

This post is now marked as Solved.
EDIT: Mod's please dont delete this thread, as it can be useful for other people having this problem.

Why are you reading this? Wierdo.
Locked thread | Locked by: simsample Reason: Solved, thanks!