Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2005 at 3:12 PM
Default recoloring non-maxis objects?
This may be a kind of dumb question, but I was wondering how to recolor non-maxis objects. I've done a search on the site that turned up nothing, so now I'm hoping someone will tell me how to do it. :fallen:
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 13th Jul 2005 at 3:24 PM
You need to open SimPe, the regular one, not the wizards, and at the top under plugins choose object workshop. It should already be at the browse for object tab but if it isn't click on it. From there you can browse to the objedt's .package file you're going to recolor.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jul 2005 at 3:27 PM
Thank you. I knew the solution was simple, But I couldn't figure it out.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 13th Jul 2005 at 4:28 PM
we can still use the Wizard to recolor new mesh object, try these steps:

1. Open the new mesh package in SimPE, Catalog Descritpion/Plugin View, write down the object name in the description, or running the game, finding the object, write down the name.
2. Download the last version of SimPE (0.42)
3. Open Simpe, Extra/Preference/File Table, press "add Downloads Folder", press the OK button, exit SimPE 4. Run the Wizard, find the new mesh by the name you have wrote down on step 1, because there will be no graphic thumbnail for new mesh object, select it, recolor it as the usually way

Hope it helps

Welcome to SunairSims

Recommended browser for the sims2 section of my site: IE (came with Windows XP), AOL 9.0 Optimized SE, last version of FireFox vs Flash and SunJava plugin.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 5:45 PM
I dont understand. My SimPE dosent show non-maxis objects in object workshop.
Test Subject
#6 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 2:21 AM
Eddief66, thank you so much for this information on how to find a new mesh object to recolor in SimPe. I just decided to try to do rugs and downloaded Echo's and Wind's rug meshes but then was having trouble figuring out how to make them. I did as you said and it worked like a charm.

And Kirsty, just read what Eddief66 said said in the message a few messages above yours. That's how you'll get the non-Maxis object to show up.

Jo