Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 4:41 PM
Im getting my hair cut tomorrow, (DREADING IT!)
I'm thinking about getting 2/3 inches off and lots of shortish (short one about from roots to middle of my ear) choppy layers. I'm also going to get it dyed on saturday which i really need, because i havn't dyed it in ages and where i wash my hair everynight, the colour has sort of washed out and its gone a redish/gingerish colour, wihch is actually quite a nice colour, but my eyebrows are naturally dark (i dont dye them) and it looks odd O.o my hair is naturally medium brown but i'm loving dark dark brown atm! :P

any one know of some good hair care products?
like...
*best hairspray?
*best heat protecter?
*best mousse?
*and any other products what are useful?

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#27 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 12:52 AM
I found the way to manage my hair without it going crazy, and I'm so happy! All it took was a lot of towel drying, some expensive curl product, and about twenty bobby pins :P. It's really quick, so for anyone who has similar hair to mine, follow me!

1. Shampoo and condition your hair thoroughly.
2. Towel dry your hair really, really well. DO NOT use a blowdryer at all in this process. That will mess up the curls.
3. Once your hair is towel dried, put some nice curling product through. I use Curls Rock 5 by Catwalk, but most products will do.
4. Brush the product through very well.
5. Now it gets to the annoying bit. The bobbypins. Twirl your hair up into a loose bun without tying it up. Instead, pin your hair up with bobby pins. It means a lot of pins, but it works without getting kinks in your hair.
6. Let your hair dry naturally. When your hair is almost completely dry, let the bobby pins out.
7. Voila! I hope it works for you other curly haired girlies as well as it works for me!
Scholar
#28 Old 9th May 2009 at 1:42 PM
My hair has an awesome style. Just above the shoulders, with scruffy layers and it frames the face nicely.

Unforunately, the actual hair refuses to cooperate, and instead I get kinks and frizzes and weird stuff.

Sigh. I'm over it. I just pull it back into a messy ponytail. Anyone who knows me knows that I don't worry a huge amount about how I look.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 16th May 2009 at 8:10 AM
My natural hair is black and just a little longer than my shoulders. It's also naturally straight, with a couple of waves here and there, but I hate straightening. I do curl it sometimes though. I have horrible hair, because I just hate washing it and I do that pretty rarely. I got it cut yesterday, got more layers too.

Once, when I was sixteen, I tried to go blonde. I have no idea why, either. I think I was trying to be old blondeaznlolol. But anyway, I epically failed and bought the bottle for naturally light haired people, and used it. It didn't exactly work - my hair turned bright orange, and needless to say, I got alot of strange looks. My mum also grounded me for about a month, because she had been against me going dark brown - let alone orange.

Yay I'm back~!
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 4:34 PM
My hair is natually straight, but because I have short layers, it tends to go flicky and wavy sometimes, so I straighten it everyday. I bleach my hair (its really light blonde, nearly white) and I sometimes wish I didn't bleach it 'cause now it goes really dry and breaks off alot. So I wash it every morning (it goes so greasy if i don't) and deep condition it twice a week. My hair is just off my shoulders (I think its really short and I hate it) I wear extentions alot to make it longer and thicken it out more, its too thin >_> I wish my hair was thicker, but I can't be that lucky..

"He's like fire and ice and rage.
He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
And… he's wonderful."

Instructor
#32 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 3:55 PM
Straight... and I twist a hair tail upward, and secure to the back of my head with a clip lol...

tip: don't cut your own hair? lol

All and all, no good.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 1:25 AM
Can someone recommend a good straightener?

potterhead
call me bria
Alchemist
#34 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 1:06 AM
My hair is simple. It's about halfway down my upper arm, dark brown (so dark that when it's wet it looks black), thick and kinda wavy. I wash it every couple of days or so, because it stays really clean and nice for a day or two afterwards. It tangles really easily though... Oddly, it shapes itself around my glasses. I never go anywhere, so it's always just down.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 8:15 PM
negneg- I would recommend ghds. I know they are really expensive compared to most straighteners but they do work really well so they're worth saving up for.

I have extremely thick, wavy brown hair which I keep longish with a side fringe. I envy people with naturally straight hair, I have to straighten mine every day or else it looks like a bush. It also goes frizzy if I straighten it without using heat protective spray first so it takes ages to do my hair in the morning.

"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain
Mad Poster
#36 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 9:47 PM
I'm cutting my hair short next Friday... I like to keep it on my shoulders, but I've seen so many cute bobs with thick side bangs that I want to try it. If it's bad, it's summer, so it's not like I have to go to school and face my peers with a terrible haircut. I think it'll be cute, especially since bobs are made for people with thin hair like mine.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Forum Resident
#37 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 2:52 AM
I have very fine brown hair that just goes past my shoulders. It's a tiny bit wavey when I let it air dry. On a usual day I use shampoo and conditioner, then towel dry it and put some mousse in and voila, done. If I'm going out or somewhere special, I blow dry and run a straightener through it.

A big issue I have with my hair is at near the roots I get a lot of fly-aways. It really bothers me so I'm constantly trying to find a product that will smooth it down. Another thing is, if I don't wash it for one day it gets very greasy, but that might just be from the environment I live in.

So any tips for fly-aways?
Mad Poster
#38 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 3:51 AM
^By flyaways, do you mean that your hair seems to experience a lot of static electricity? It sounds ridiculous, but run a dryer sheet (like you'd use in the laundry room) over the affected area and it should tame it even if static isn't the case. I used to have a laughable amount of static electricity in my hair when I was a kid and dryer sheets always did the trick.

Forum Resident
#39 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 8:31 AM
No not static, although I will definitely remember that when I do have that problem!

It's more like, little hairs that stick up from my part. I've tried using hair spray, hair gel, spray gel, even lotion and nothing can keep them down.

Like in this picture:

Of course she still looks amazing. I think mine are worse than that.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 5:23 AM
I'm getting my hair curled again tomorrow after I leave ze beach :-)

I really want it like this:

Wonder if the stylist will be able to pull it off with my ridiculously straight hair

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Mad Poster
#41 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 11:19 PM
I wish I could afford a perm. *sigh*
*eyes wistfully*

Oh, hi, how are you holding up?
Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Mad Poster
#42 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 1:12 AM
I read that spraying ocean water on wet hair creates beachy waves when allowed to air dry. Too bad I don't live near the ocean.

Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 1:43 AM
Could you try plain salt water, Rabid?

Does anyone with thick curly/wavy hair have suggestions for keeping it straight throughout the day? I straighten mine with an iron one or two mornings a week during school, and it acquires a huge bump in the back, in addition to little waves all over, by second period every single time. Other people don't seem to have this problem, at least that I've noticed. Help!

Mad Poster
#44 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 3:56 AM
I hate using hot irons, it burns your hair more and more every use...
But, why not ruin your hair more and use super strong hairspray..?

Oh, hi, how are you holding up?
Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Field Researcher
#45 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 4:41 AM
I just let it hang loose, usually. It's a bit past my hips, I love having healthy, long hair I trim it about once or twice a month...I've never used hairspray, or really damaging shampoos, irons, curlers, nothing really. Well...I did use curlers, but not a curling iron, they ruin your hair, I agree.
I haven't had a real haircut since High School...Just trims.
To explain my hair, it's hip-length, a shit brown but it was a bit of a gold undertone...I don't have bangs, they annoy me.

Call me Camila :)

To be married, October 12th, 2009 :)

Hands off my cookie!
Rubric Wrangler
#46 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 6:39 PM
I have natural curly ringlets, about an inch above the shoulders, and dark brown with a copper undertone. It took me awhile to accept the curls (and learn to manage them), but now I'm generally happy with them. They get messed up at night, but I just shower early (shampoo every two to three days, any more can be damaging to curls as the hair is more delicate than straight hair) and carefully towel-dry them and allow them to air-dry; blow-dryers ruin curls! They don't always do exactly what I want, but I try my best and I'm not terribly fussy. I would never use a hot iron on my hair, it's taken me months of carefully looking after it to get great curls.

Looks best with no product at all, but gets messy fast that way. I like to use a tiny amount of light-hold gel to keep fly-aways and frizz to a minimum.

My mum is half-Asian (which means extremely straight, black hair), and she always jokes with me that she would've killed for curls when she was my age. Curls are so much work, I'd rather slight waves some days!

Jeez, sorry for the essay!

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr

Page 2 of 2