Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 10:43 AM
Default The Triumphs and Tragedies of Hair
Most of us have hair. And I know that for a lot of people, hair is a pain.

What do you guys do to keep your hair under moderate control?
What sort of hair type do you have?
Curly?
Straight?
Wavy?
How do you do your hair on the average day?
Oh, and most importantly, your hair tips!

Well, I have a birdsnest on my head. It looks curly, until I sleep on it or brush it. At that point it just goes really crazy frizzy. I can't actually get it thinned out, because then it looks like I have a triangle of hair stuck on my head, so I have to put up with it like this until it grows and pulls the tiny tight curls into big gorgeous curls. Plus, it's a really boring brown colour at the moment, and I don't really think that helps my cause.
To keep my hair under moderate control I always tie it up with a little bit of curling product to keep it from looking like a birdsnest. If I'm going out then I might straighten it, but only if I have plenty of spare time.
Anyone have any tips on what I could do to change my hair style a bit?

So, does anyone wish to share about their hair?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 7:20 PM
"Most of us have hair."

Hehe, sorry, it made me chuckle! XD

Ugh. I hate my hair. It's boring and mousy, very fine and generally shapeless. I curl it whenever I have time into messy riglets because I prefer it, and I also keep it dyed chocolate brown. My eyebrows are dark and thickly shaped so it looks weird for my hair to be lighter in comparison.

Generally it's loose, or in a messy bun or I clip one side high up. Depends how lazy I feel. I don't really look after my hair though. I don't condition it or anything.
Alchemist
#3 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 7:28 PM
I can't be bothered with hair, Which is why I keep it as short as possible. I spend about 5 Mins straightening and then leave it... When im old enough to make my own decisions (18 by my parents standards) Im going to cut it really short into a spikey style (possibly a fauxhawk)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 7:41 PM
I have...had rather shoulder length hair. Last friday i went to hair dresser and cut just to about chin level. I love my hair short and it is easy to handle. I'm lazy so I just like to get of the bed shake my head and I'm ready to go. I have very think hair, and it is wavy(if i let it grow of course...Which is not gonna happen in any near future) I just brush my hair. Once in a while I clip it, but then clip get taken out by my hubby...He like my hair without anything >_> I've been dying my black lately, But i wanna make it blood red for summer

The only hair tip I can give you, Iz that yopu brush it and style after the shower while it is wet. This way it dries they way you want it. Don't go to bed with wet hair, because it will be worse mess then if you went with dry hair... ALSO try use less blow dryer because it weakens it.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 7:57 PM
I've yet to meet a person who is wholly and genuinely satisfied with his/her hair . I like to keep mine on or just above the shoulders because the texture is so fine that anything longer robs me of what little volume I have whatsoever. I have very straight hair- so straight that I only need to straighten it to keep the post-hairdryer static down, but I desperately wish I had curly hair and will curl it whenever I have time. I really like its color, though- stylists tell me I'm a genuine strawberry blonde. I look blonde, but being in sunlight really brings out the red in my hair.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 8:09 PM
my hair is about 3inches or so from my shoulders, i've been meaning to get it cut for ages, but everytime i do get it cut i hate the look of it. my hair is between thin and thick and rather straight, and when i straighten it every moring/occasion is take me between 20mins-40mins. i have it dyed dark dark brown about once a month but sometimes have random styled blonde streaks in places (eg under my side fringe, the bottom of my hair, the bits above my ears) I have to wash my hair every night other wise it goes greasy, i wish i didn't have to, but i do and its soooo annoying, i don't blow dry i, and i usually sleep with it wet lolss. i'd never do anything extreme like high-fashion with my hair because i'm petrfied that it'll look discusting. When i have my hair cut i usually have 3 or so inches off so i dont have to go often lols, i reallllly hate hairdressers so i cut my own fringe, which every says is nice so i'm pretty pleased with that, i use ghds but my hair never stay dead straight - goddamit.
hahaha yupp, lifestory.

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Alchemist
#7 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simcharley1990
my hair is about 3inches or so from my shoulders, i've been meaning to get it cut for ages, but everytime i do get it cut i hate the look of it. my hair is between thin and thick and rather straight, and when i straighten it every moring/occasion is take me between 20mins-40mins. i have it dyed dark dark brown about once a month but sometimes have random styled blonde streaks in places (eg under my side fringe, the bottom of my hair, the bits above my ears) I have to wash my hair every night other wise it goes greasy, i wish i didn't have to, but i do and its soooo annoying, i don't blow dry i, and i usually sleep with it wet lolss. i'd never do anything extreme like high-fashion with my hair because i'm petrfied that it'll look discusting. When i have my hair cut i usually have 3 or so inches off so i dont have to go often lols, i reallllly hate hairdressers so i cut my own fringe, which every says is nice so i'm pretty pleased with that, i use ghds but my hair never stay dead straight - goddamit.
hahaha yupp, lifestory.

My hair sounds like yours, I can't have certain styles because mines so thin though.. I also have to wash mine every other day or it goes greasy, Its a pain when you just want to play the sims!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 10:23 PM
I hate every person (male/female) with naturally curly hair because they make me jealous! My hair is naturally straight, I use to keep it trimmed (barely touching my shoulders) for three years but I decided to let it grow out in Jan. 2008 and it's at like the middle of my back if that's the way to put it. But usually I keep my hair straightened, I've tried several times to get my hair medium curly but failed miserably everytime! I got it layered in September of last year though sooo at least it doesn't look that dull. Does anyone else wash their hair everyday? I have to keep mine washed everyday because after awhile it gets all oily and limp and it just slicks down and just bleh I feel so miserable! It is not easy dealing with my hair. And I really do want it curled before that National Honors Society thing next week :hmm:

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 11:43 PM
I adore my hair.
It is luminescently shiny chestnut brown, ever so slightly curly, and even if it is filthy it looks good.

I generally wash it every three or four days, condition daily, and I used to have it layered so the longest part was about halfway down my rib cage, but I chopped off the layers so that now its about level with the bottom of my shoulder blades.

It's long enough that I can wear it any way at all. Usually I just have it down, but sometimes its in a ponytail, a bun, hairclips, pigtails... I do a lot.

The one thing I don't like about my hair is that its kind of heavy, like I can't flip my head and get the Dorito's girl effect. But that is really not worth complaining about.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dreamydre15
I hate every person (male/female) with naturally curly hair because they make me jealous! My hair is naturally straight, I use to keep it trimmed (barely touching my shoulders) for three years but I decided to let it grow out in Jan. 2008 and it's at like the middle of my back if that's the way to put it. But usually I keep my hair straightened, I've tried several times to get my hair medium curly but failed miserably everytime! I got it layered in September of last year though sooo at least it doesn't look that dull. Does anyone else wash their hair everyday? I have to keep mine washed everyday because after awhile it gets all oily and limp and it just slicks down and just bleh I feel so miserable! It is not easy dealing with my hair. And I really do want it curled before that National Honors Society thing next week :hmm:

I wash my hair every night, too. No offense to anyone here who doesn't, but in my experience, anything less is disgusting and unattractive.

Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rabid
I wash my hair every night, too. No offense to anyone here who doesn't, but in my experience, anything less is disgusting and unattractive.

Really?
My hair is extremely sensitive to detergent, and if I wash my hair to frequently it haystacks. It doesn't destroy it to wash it every other day, but unless I dilute my shampoo way down (8 parts water, 1 part starch, 2 parts shampoo) it just kills my hair, and it takes a while for the natural oil to replenish itself, and then its not as shiny.
If you have a way of making your hair clean and still shiny, oh do please elaborate!

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 12:11 AM
Maybe it's different for people with thick or wavy hair; I have very fine, straight hair, and it's so weightless that forgoing a wash for even one day weighs it down with oil and makes the roots so much darker that it's quite obvious I haven't washed my hair.

Field Researcher
#13 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 12:34 AM
My hair is quite thick, and loves to do it's own thing.
Normally when I shower in the morning and bike to school, it ends up a frizzy mess that won't go away with any amount of brushing or water.

But I also can't stand blowdryers, and since I live in warm CA, it air dries reasonably fast.

It's wavy or straight at best (It can decide to go either way, normally depending on the weather), an a frizzy, half-straight mess at worst.

Right now it's about 3 inches below my shoulders, and I'm trying to decide whether to cut it.

I'll post a picture if people would be willing to give me suggestions as to what to do with it.

potterhead
call me bria
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 3:03 AM
Thick hair doesn't need to be washed every day. Mine looks and smells very clean for two to three days after it's washed, and it gets dry and frizzy when I've washed it more frequently than I usually do.

My hair is dark red - sort of auburn. It turns into a frizzy, curly mass when I let it dry naturally, but I can get big, soft curls if I treat it right. With it wet, I smooth anti-frizz cream or lotion through it, shape it with mousse, work in scrunching gel, and curl pieces all around with my fingers. It usually looks pretty good that way once it air-dries, but I always struggle with frizz. Luckily, my hair is thick and non-oily enough that I can smooth frizz down with cream or lotion without it getting greasy.

On the day after I've washed my hair and worn it curly, I usually straighten it with one of those ceramic flat irons. It doesn't stay straight well, though, and I often have several big waves on the back of my head by the time I get home from school. :P

(LOL, I am such a girl. I just wrote three paragraphs about my hair...)

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 6:00 AM
I wash my hair fairly often. When I do wash it, it makes really pretty curls, so I wear it out for a while before the very bottom layer of my overly thick hair dries and poofs my hair out.
I don't own a hairdryer, so I'm not all that sure on what my hair looks like if I blow dry it, seeing as I close my eyes and pretend I'm somewhere else whenever I go to the hairdressers.
Oh, and I can't stand people touching my hair. I'm the only person who ever touches my hair, other than my hairdresser.
Daisie, I know what you mean about thick hair smelling clean. Even if I've washed all the shampoo out, the smell of my shampoo is always really strong, even about two days after I've washed it.

By the way Rabid, nice display picture. Jensen in a tux? *drool*
#16 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 6:37 AM
I have blonde, straight, hair of medium thickness. It's pretty long now. I've donated it twice, once 12 inches and once 10. After reading some very scary stuff about shampoo (such as links to cancer, as well as the harm it's doing both to my body and the environment, and the ridiculous lies we've been told to convince us to use it), about a week ago I made a "no shampoo" commitment. It's been a week now and I've been washing with baking soda and water. I'm still using a small amount of my normal conditioner but I'll be switching to vinegar as soon as I get some.

http://thephoenix.com/Boston/Life/40141-No-Poo-Do

It's a little bit hard since some of you have said, I love the smell of my hair even a few days after a shampoo! And I am also guilty of loving the super clean feeling our hair seems to have after stripping it of all our natural (healthy) oils.

We'll see if I can keep this up. Hopefully it'll work out permanently. It's healthier and cheaper If not, I'll be switching to a much more natural shampoo - I've been using Herbal Essences for 7 or 8 years now, and won't be ever again, despite loving the stuff.
Test Subject
#17 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 11:09 AM
I have long, blonde hair. It's curly when it wants to be, but since I've grown it to just below my bra (Only way to describe it!), now it's just a gentle wave with a few curly bits. That being said, I got some lovely limited edition GHD's for Christmas, and am completely in love with them so I tend to straighten it most days. One of the only downsides is the thickness of my hair, with it being so long aswell it generally takes me around 45-55 minutes to blowdry it fully and another 30-40 minutes to straighten it, so I normally wash it at night and sleep with it wet.

Washing my hair regularly is a must for my hair (Every day if I can, but if not it will last for two days...sometimes...) because I have a full fringe and if I leave it too long it goes all stringy and horrible. I guess the best way to describe my hair would be to look at a picture of Hannah Montana. I'm not a crazy fangirl or anything, but we do share a striking resemblance on the hair front! :thumb:

x
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rabid

i also wash my hair everynight, deffaintly no offense to anybody that doesnt but without washing my hair i just feel dirty and uncomfortable.

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
#19 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 11:12 PM
I love my hair (sorry if I sound conceited).
My hair is wavy, and as of right now at the middle of my back (torso). I usually tie it in a ponytail, French twist, messy bun or leave it down. My hair is a (dyed) chocolate brown, with blond highlights. The only problem I have is terrible dandruff, as in I can't have bangs, cause the dandruff creates eczema on my skin...
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 2nd Apr 2009 at 8:29 PM
I have really REALLY thick wavy hair, but i straighten it everyday, it looks awful otherwise.
It's slightly darker than natural, I keep it dark brown. I HAVE to wash it every day, the roots around my fringe look bad otherwise . But other than that, I actually like my hair .

LJ♥
Call me Lily :).
I'm beginning to upload some of my sims online..please go check them out here :).
Mad Poster
#21 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 6:26 AM
I have relatively thick, short hair. It isn't as thick as it used to be, and before, I used to be able to sit on it! I got a hair-cut before the school year started (around January), so now it's really short and I have a side fringe too. I have to straighten it to make it look nice, though.

I hate how my hair always looks greasy on a windy day, even when it isn't! It sucks. :meh: But other than that, I rather like my hair.

**That's my me Sim in my avi, and that is almost the same hair I have.**

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 11:52 AM
I'm planning on dyeing my hair next week during the holidays. I'm thinking a richer brown colour. It might be a bit more interesting than my current brown colour, which I hate.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 11:08 AM
I actually love my hair (unlike most here!) I'm not bragging but seriously. I love it. It's brown, completley straight (with the help of a straightening iron) with a light blonde fringe and blond underneath. It has heaps of choppy layers, with a long layer on either side of the front. Also have a side fringe.
It's the exact same as this that's my idol, Cassadee Pope. It's the exact same down to the layers!
Mad Poster
#24 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 11:12 AM
Oh noes, oh noes, oh noes!!!

My straightener blew up! Now I have frizzy hair! Thank goodness for holidays.

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 5:52 AM
Well, my hair is black, straight, and a little below my shoulders.
My natural hair is VERY curly and darkkkk brown.
I don't like my hair at all, because I don't know how to do my fringe.
Ugh, just thinking about my hair makes me gag. jk, but I really don't like it.

Oliviaaaa
5511<3

Page 1 of 2