Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 9318 (Who?), Viewed: 1186029 times.
Page 373 of 373
Top Secret Researcher
#9301 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 7:48 AM
I wonder if he's being robbed or meeting with Grimmie. Also, I Googled the "tragedy taking place" bit and it seems to be a bug of some sort.

My Sims 2 Blog - info and stories

Am I the only one who fogs up her glasses when eating Kung Pao noodles?
Lab Assistant
#9302 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart-grey
Wow. I never made the link in my head why sometimes I could clone a large space rock and sometimes I couldn't. I know it is intended that you have to clone 4 tiny rocks (total 4 hours: 15 Sims minutes to sample, 45 minutes to clone on the science station ) rather than 2 large space rocks or even one Gigantic space rock.

Does this work for the alchemistry plants as well? Those also show up as too large for the science station

If you mean the alchemical ingredients? I have not tested all of them, do you have any in particular? I have a cyberwizard detective sim anyways, I could tell him to fire up the science machine for you, if you want. But so far as my experience with him? I don't have any problems cloning any of the alchemical ingredients. But then again, I didn't manage to get all the ingredients for all the potions, but I have tried for the ones I use & I have no problem so far.
Field Researcher
#9303 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 1:08 PM
RE: The cloning of scientific samples, at the end of ScienceSkill_0x9034fa8bbf1aeddd XML you can see the types of space rocks and ingredients/seeds that are by default blacklisted from being cloned or experimented on, so one could make an XML tuning mod to un-blacklist them by removing them from the lists - assuming there isn't a game-breaking reason EA had for blocking them in the first place.
Theorist
#9304 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 1:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexandraSpears
Good idea not to have the playpen in any inactives' houses. They put toddlers there and forget about them and it delays their aging up to child. I had to switch households to fix that.

I wonder if this also happens in the active household...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMcNastySim2015
I discovered that normal sims, not just vampires can burst into flames and die if they spend too much time outside. I have no idea this could happen. One of my sims needed to pump iron to get leveled up for his job and he loved the out doors so I had him doing that outside so he would get a mood boost while doing it. I then left to manage some stuff at the gym my Sim owned and when I got back to the home lot he had bust into flames and died one minute later, and it was only 78 degrees outside.

If normal sims can die like that then what is the difference between a normal sim and a vampire.

From now on I am not taking the chance, when they are not working I am locking all of my Sims inside and getting rid of all of the windows. It seems sun light and any form of heat is instant death for Sims and is to be avoided at all costs.

Any Sims have a chance to spontaneously combust (and die) if they have the "Sweating Profusely" moodlet, not just vampires. In fact, vampires don't actually die from sunlight exposure. They only get knocked out if they spend too much time outside and, in turn, will not gain vampire powers at night. Windows also do not affect sunlight exposure to vampires.

Just call me Nikel
Mad Poster
#9305 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 2:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikel23
I wonder if this also happens in the active household...

If anything, if my Sims have someone over, they'll try to put babies in the swing or toddlers in the playpen. I've since found out that babies sleep for about 4 hours in the crib, give them one run in the swing and you can manage their sleep schedule...but the idiot Sims that come over tend to throw a monkey wrench in the works when they put the baby in the swing.

I like having the playpen around because maybe you'll have two toddlers who are cousins (one's an inactive)...put them in the playpen together and have them play with each other, and they'll be best friends in no time.

I don't know if Twallan's mod has anything where inactive toddlers are taught their skills (I have to poke around with it more), but it would be nice...since apparently toddlers are aging up not-so-well and when that happens you have a bunch of psychos running around.

My Riverblossom Hills blog! Alexandra's Riverblossom Hills
Instructor
#9306 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 5:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonerbum
If you mean the alchemical ingredients? I have not tested all of them, do you have any in particular? I have a cyberwizard detective sim anyways, I could tell him to fire up the science machine for you, if you want. But so far as my experience with him? I don't have any problems cloning any of the alchemical ingredients. But then again, I didn't manage to get all the ingredients for all the potions, but I have tried for the ones I use & I have no problem so far.

I cloned one of those spotlight mushrooms. Those are usually "too big" for the science station.

You know what this means?! All I'm going to do is go to the alchemy store and buy one of everything, and then clone the heck out of it. No more learning how to garden.

That may not be a good thing. I may be a game breaker like the Motive Mobile, cloning tiberium, and the relationship transmorgifier.

One good thing (gameplay wise) is that if I get a Gigantic meteor, you can't do a meteor analysis (not with the science scanner, this is where the sim puts his hand on his chin and says "hummm'') on the cloned meteor. What you get is what you get. I had a 32,000 simolian meteor and I tried to clone it to see if it would come out the same kind, and it has no "kind". Just a cheap meteor.
Lab Assistant
#9307 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart-grey
I cloned one of those spotlight mushrooms. Those are usually "too big" for the science station.

You know what this means?! All I'm going to do is go to the alchemy store and buy one of everything, and then clone the heck out of it. No more learning how to garden.

That may not be a good thing. I may be a game breaker like the Motive Mobile, cloning tiberium, and the relationship transmorgifier.

One good thing (gameplay wise) is that if I get a Gigantic meteor, you can't do a meteor analysis (not with the science scanner, this is where the sim puts his hand on his chin and says "hummm'') on the cloned meteor. What you get is what you get. I had a 32,000 simolian meteor and I tried to clone it to see if it would come out the same kind, and it has no "kind". Just a cheap meteor.

Lucky, my cyberwizard got a bunchloads of spotlight mushroom samples. Even luckier, I messed up the list so I have to resell all the samples & analyze a white cap then rescan the spotlight mushrooms again & it works! So yeah, it works for spotlight mushrooms as well. I think I should get glowing orbs for him, though.

As for the space rock. You have to take it out off your inventory again & analyze the cloned space rock again because it can change itself all the time for no reason.
Scholar
#9308 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 1:44 AM Last edited by nitromon : 26th Jun 2015 at 4:42 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDacapo
I wonder if he's being robbed or meeting with Grimmie. Also, I Googled the "tragedy taking place" bit and it seems to be a bug of some sort.

It's definitely a bug or something. I can't evict them, but I can use the merge household. It shows 1 member as a "ghost" but in live mode, she's not a ghost. Whichever household I put her in, it gets that error and I can't evict them.

----

Hmmm I seem to get all the fun glitches:
Screenshots
Instructor
#9309 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 3:11 PM
A while ago I learned the hard way that when creating a dive lot, everything on the lot (save for the floaty thing) should be below water.

Intuitive, yes, but I'd just designed an awesome lot with underground mountains that peeked slightly above water level and my sim couldn't dive there

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon
Hmmm I seem to get all the fun glitches:
[appropriate club clothes]

That's not a bug, it's a feature! Just like BL00DIEDHELL's Incest 1.0 free patch!
Top Secret Researcher
#9310 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 3:18 PM
Well, we live and learn. I've learned over the past month or so that it's quite easy to earn lots of simpoints on the Sims 3 Store site. Try points farming yourself - just open a few Sims 3 Store windows and click the bonus simpoints button in each one. Saves time, and it's actually a lot of fun.

My Sims 2 Blog - info and stories

Am I the only one who fogs up her glasses when eating Kung Pao noodles?
Instructor
#9311 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 6:28 PM
I discovered that, when letting their toddlers ride the spring riders, parents will eventually tap their wrist in a "it's getting late" motion, with a concerned look on their face. The toddlers will refuse to get off the ride and pout, with an expression similar to the parent

It's so adorable!
Lab Assistant
#9312 Old Yesterday at 1:33 AM
I found out that Fairy toddlers are by far the easiest toddlers to raise. Which kind of goes against common sense since they can fly and all. Just buy a Fairy House and they can feed themselves, entertain themselves, and go to bed on their own. And if potty trained, the only motives they need help with are Social and Hygiene.

It does amuse me a bit that you have to tell them to stop flying so you can teach them to walk, though. "Come out of the fairy house and turn big so I can teach you a worse way to get around!"
Scholar
#9313 Old Yesterday at 3:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDacapo
Well, we live and learn. I've learned over the past month or so that it's quite easy to earn lots of simpoints on the Sims 3 Store site. Try points farming yourself - just open a few Sims 3 Store windows and click the bonus simpoints button in each one. Saves time, and it's actually a lot of fun.

I do not see any bonus simpoint button ?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Test Subject
#9314 Old Yesterday at 5:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine

If you have adblock you have to disable it otherwise you won't see the button.
Forum Resident
#9315 Old Yesterday at 2:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katya Stevens
If sims have the canning station and some pecans, they can make pecan 'jam'

A follow-up to this: sims can make pecan nectar
Mad Poster
#9316 Old Yesterday at 3:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine

As far as I knew it was a USA-only thing.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Mad Poster
#9317 Old Yesterday at 9:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menaceman44
As far as I knew it was a USA-only thing.

I'm in the USA and it doesn't always show up.

My Riverblossom Hills blog! Alexandra's Riverblossom Hills
Field Researcher
#9318 Old Yesterday at 9:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katya Stevens
A follow-up to this: sims can make pecan nectar

That sounds about as good as my attempt to make a nectarine smoothie... yech.
Lab Assistant
#9319 Old Today at 3:28 AM
Sims can only get flu shot in autumn?
But I always play in summer, how am I supposed to send my sims to the doctor without changing the season or turn 1 of them into a witch?
Page 373 of 373

Section jump