Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Vampire Sunblock

by LycosV Posted 31st May 2006 at 11:36 PM - Updated 31st May 2007 at 8:35 PM by LycosV

61 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 52 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 10:24 PM
What a wonderful idea! Even more woderful of you to share it with everyone. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 17th Aug 2006 at 1:56 AM
OH! i had an idea may it is a good one.
Could you do a new potion-like object with different color, that will do the sunblock trick, and that will be a aspiration reward? it would be a nice one!
Test Subject
#28 Old 18th Aug 2006 at 11:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by linolino
OH! i had an idea may it is a good one.
Could you do a new potion-like object with different color, that will do the sunblock trick, and that will be a aspiration reward? it would be a nice one!

I don't think you can do that.

Don't have The Sims 2 right now. Will soon.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 30th Aug 2006 at 12:21 PM
i love it so much nice work, it completes my set of vamps hacks, thanks.
Test Subject
#30 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 4:25 AM
What a great Idea! Thanks so much! :o)
Field Researcher
#31 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 5:58 PM
This is terrific. My vampires could never buy new clothes because inevitably the sun would come up before they finished their transaction, and they'd burst into flames between the taxi and the house!! This solves the problem without really cheating and making them fireproof.

Thank you!

"Don't harsh my melon." -- Alexis Denisof
Field Researcher
#32 Old 14th Dec 2006 at 9:54 PM Last edited by Sadie79 : 15th Dec 2006 at 1:36 AM. Reason: Error! :(
What a good idea - gives me a reason to buy perfume now They can use it in Blade, now they can use it in game, thanks! ^_^

EDIT: I hate to break this to you, but it clashes with Monique's Indoor Decay hack - basically it rendered it useless when I had this installed
Test Subject
#33 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 7:42 AM
I have the indoor decay hack which I love... basically I wanted to ask where to find the rest of the vamp hacks... I'm ok with cheating. Thanks in advance.

Fat, married and completely uninterested.
Test Subject
#34 Old 22nd Jan 2007 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chinkigirl_anner
umm..i downloaded it.. but i dunno where to find it in the game..can someone pls tell me where to find it??thnx

too me..
but this profume is bought from the old one witch ? because I do not find it.
Test Subject
#35 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 10:38 PM
I love the idea

me and my friend are using the vampire sunblock idea in our story without your wonderful idea Kayne would be dead
But this is a wicked AWSOME idea!

I ♥ my sims =]
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 2:33 AM
Is there any way to make this compatible with monique's indoor decay hack? Vampires are a pain to play without that, but now, especially with Seasons and all the gardening to be done, I'm finding that this perfume/sunblock is just what I need to help my vampires manage their estates.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 20th Feb 2008 at 1:14 AM
fillyteen07 - I thought that same thing first time I downloaded I was looking in the buy mode and was like "hey where is it! Darn thing didn't install!" -- I'll try to take my sims to a community lot and make them buy some perfume/cologne and see if it works for me lol.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 1:47 AM
Hey Lycos, what a clever and useful mod

Do you know if it conflicts with Dami's "Using perfume now raises your hygiene" http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=228461? It sure seems as if it might, but I know next to nothing about modding so thought I'd run it past you.

I'm moving my game to a new PC and would like to use both if it's possible to do so w/o borking my new install. I do realize that, short of testing, you can't guarantee anything, but I'm only looking for an educated guess....Thanks!

T

~It takes a village to raise an idiot...~
Test Subject
#39 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 2:25 PM
Default Yay! ^_^
Do you know if it conflicts with Dami's "Using perfume now raises your hygiene" http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=228461? It sure seems as if it might, but I know next to nothing about modding so thought I'd run it past you.

I'm moving my game to a new PC and would like to use both if it's possible to do so w/o borking my new install. I do realize that, short of testing, you can't guarantee anything, but I'm only looking for an educated guess....Thanks![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Talismana]Hey Lycos, what a clever and useful mod Yay! this hack is awesome but I found a mod on another site that allows vampire sims to be able to go into the sunlight whenever they want to! ^_^
Yay! Here's the link but you have to be a member to download it! But it's a Free site so YAY! : http://www.sims2workshop.com/viewtopic.php?t=585 He has a Pets and OFB version and since I only have the NL and Pets expansions packs its all good for me!

HyperMedication We All Need It.........Don't Lie You Know You do Too! ;3
Test Subject
#40 Old 18th Dec 2008 at 5:14 AM
where do you find the hacks that do this all the time? i love this but my poor families cant always afford it lol.
Test Subject
#41 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 1:18 AM
Thank you for this great upload, I've used it and I love it the only problem I have with it, is that the sunblock wears out i have to buy like 10 of them every couple of days just so my vampire could live in the sun too,.. i wish there was a way vampires could survive in the sun
Test Subject
#42 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chinkigirl_anner
umm..i downloaded it.. but i dunno where to find it in the game..can someone pls tell me where to find it??thnx

you go into the shops that have perfume/colone (the yellow ones) and you buy it. then wear the colone/perfume
Test Subject
#43 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 1:02 AM
This would be awesome.

Does it replace the colognes? When I bought mine it didn't seem to be working.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 2:19 AM
thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#45 Old 12th May 2009 at 6:46 AM
hey, this is a good idea. But um... when i downloaded it, i can't find the sunblock and my vampire sim still get burn from the sun. Can someone help me with this cuz my vamp is a teen and needs to go to school...tnx..

ENchAntEd CoSpLayEr
Banned
#46 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 1:56 AM Last edited by EvilOverlord : 29th Jul 2009 at 1:03 AM.
Hikkaru 14 It only changes the perfume/cologne that you buy on community lots.

Lovely mod. Well done LycosV
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 10:30 PM
Thanks Great Idea
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 8:20 AM
in case you don't know how to get a parfume read this topic
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...30093723AAr6C5k
Test Subject
#49 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 12:16 PM
I really love this. But when I was taking pictures of mu vamps in the sun, the smoke constantly ruined it. Any possible way to find one without the smoke?
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 11:31 AM Last edited by Elfinirish : 13th Apr 2010 at 1:16 PM.
Hey! This is great! I was just wondering if you know of or if you could make a mod where vampires age like normal sims? I like having generations and being a vampire at the same time but that cannot be achieved since your sims age gets frozen on the point of their "transformation". *sob* So yeah, I was just wondering. Thanks again. It would be ever so kind if you could point me in the right direction and all.
Page 2 of 3