Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#976 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 11:11 PM
I agree about Lord of the Rings - never could make it through the first book. Went to the films because my husband wanted to - the first one bored me and then I slept through the other two. So you're not alone.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#977 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 12:50 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 5th Dec 2012 at 4:41 PM.
I've got the omnibus version of LOTR, and read it when I was around 14, I think (10 or so years ago? I'm getting old :P). I got through the main books in a couple of weeks, but after spending nearly a week on the extras, I simply gave up. Too tedious and it was probabaly meant for especially interested readers. Haven't read it since, even if the book has been in my bookshelf for several years. Thought the films were alright, but much too long. Won't say I hate it, though. Perhaps a neutral relationship. I can watch parts of the movies if they run on the TV, but I rarely sit down and watch the whole film(s), let alone the trilogy.
Mad Poster
#978 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 1:28 AM
I don't quite like The Hobbit. The movies, sure, but the book was just too damn tedious. And this is coming from somebody who's read the Millennium Trilogy twice (those books take 2+ months to get through if you read steadily every single day).

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Theorist
#979 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 3:37 PM
Craigslist. I get so nervous and freak out about meeting some stranger to sell them something. I prefer buying and selling on eBay any day.
Talking on the phone. It makes me nervous and I don't like it. Even with friends and family, I still feel awkward and at a loss for words on the phone.

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#980 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
Craigslist. I get so nervous and freak out about meeting some stranger to sell them something. I prefer buying and selling on eBay any day.
Talking on the phone. It makes me nervous and I don't like it. Even with friends and family, I still feel awkward and at a loss for words on the phone.

I'm the opposite, I'll only ever use Craigslist. eBay seems like the place where everything is shipped in cereal boxes.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Theorist
#981 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
I'm the opposite, I'll only ever use Craigslist. eBay seems like the place where everything is shipped in cereal boxes.

I think I am everyone's opposite.
I completely stress out if I have to talk to someone I don't know on the phone, and even worse in person. I love the impersonal nature of eBay where business is conducted in email, the person on the other end is a mystery a thousand miles away, and I don't have to worry about negotiating the price. I don't even go to the post office; I print all labels online, schedule a pickup, leave package on the porch, and it's gone by the time I get home from work. Maybe I have a wee bit of social anxiety.

A few other things to add to my ever-growing list (am I ever negative, or what?):
- tats
- long hair on guys
- piercings other than ears
- card games
- board games
- Wii casual games (Wii Sports, Wii Party, etc.)
- pretty much any turn-based game of any kind
- bears. Scared to death of 'em. Scarier than spiders and snakes to me.

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#982 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 3:12 AM
Downton Abbey - the first season was okay, but I watched the first episode of the second season and thought it was godawful and never wanted to see it again.
Test Subject
#983 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 3:17 AM
Elves
Vampires
Pie of any kind. Even shepheards pie.

Beep boop bop
Instructor
#984 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 3:51 AM
Pie. I only like cake, but everyone else seems to love pie. I don't know, I just don't like the whole "dry and crumbly" on the outside feeling and then the "moist and gooey" feeling on the inside. The only pie I ever came close to eating whole is sweet potato pie, but even then I don't eat the crust, just the sweet potatoes. I have to take it in small bites with some marshmellows, though--For some reason, taking one big bite out of it makes me lose interest in eating it...

My male Sims are...Simulicious!
Field Researcher
#985 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 4:39 AM
I know I'm gonna get some flak for this but some of mine are The Big Bang Theory, Family Guy, American Dad, or anything else done by Seth MacFarlane. I'm sorry, but I just don't see the humor in any of them. FG was great the first couple of seasons though. I think my main reason for disliking TBBT is because I hate watching shows with laugh tracks. I find them insanely annoying. That and the few episodes I saw of the show barely made me crack a smile.

I think I'll put "Any show that has a laugh track" on my list.

I want to get a vending machine, with fun sized candy bars, and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.- Mitch Hedberg
Field Researcher
#986 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 9:43 AM
Apple and then i mean that company with it's overhyped products as the iphone and ipad. I have no sympathy for companies which start to troll with lawsuits (about patents) and act quite arrogant. And in the meanwhile they need Samsung and other companies. Also, it is Apple who steals. They have stolen from Philips.
I also hate the so called "fans" of them, which seems to be as worse as a jehova witness. In their eyes Apple is the only one who makes good products and the rest is bad. While Apple actually only put it in a plastic box with their name on it and then it's called design. These figures are also the ones who say that with MacOS you don't get any virus, which is offcourse a stupid claim and not true. Sure, there are some products which are nice, like the macbook, MacOS in general and the iMac. I have nothing with their last products. But i don't like the attitude of that company and i don't like the hype around it.
Test Subject
#987 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 5:14 PM
i hate hate HATE the big bang theory.
the show, not the theory.
Mad Poster
#988 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 10:06 PM
^ Oh My God, me to. I hate The Big Bang Theory too, apart from Sheldon.

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Inventor
#989 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 11:46 PM
Don't judge me people, but something that is really popular out in the world which I personally don't like is the religion Islam... along with several other religions or living after some kind of life manual (spiritual, weird ideology etc). I just feel like the world has come to far and that people should be able to be more open about things and experience life on their own.

.. and I HATE raisins. Can't stand raisins in buns or in yoghurt mixes!
Theorist
#990 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 12:27 AM
I despise David Schwimmer and Zachary Quinto and any guys that look and sound like them. Also don't like Ben Stiller because he looks like them. If I had it my way they would let OJ Simpson, Misty Croslin, and Phil Spector out and contained to Arkansas so that there is room in prison to lock up David, Zach, and Ben.
Mad Poster
#991 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 12:50 AM
^ I agree with you about David Schwimmer, but not about Zachary Quinto. He's in Star Trek, and that makes him awesome.

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
#992 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pockkt
What are some things that everybody seems to love, except you?
For me it's.

:Talking about problems

:Hotdogs

you?

I hate it when people get high grades. Yes, I know people generally work for them and all that, but still, I always feel better when I am way above average. When a lot of people get high grades, it makes my own high grade (A or A-) not very exceptional or special. When a lot of people get high grades, I would have a harder time to stand out from the crowd and distinguish myself that I am someone special. Life is all about competition.
Inventor
#993 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 12:12 PM
I realize that I really don't like that Jennifer Lawrence girl. Can't believe she won an oscar for best actress. I haven't liked her since the first time I saw her in a movie, long time ago... Grr.
Mad Poster
#994 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 11:14 PM
Breakfast in bed. Getting romantic in any tub of water (bath to hot tub). Or for that matter, taking a bath as a way to get clean. Cell phones that do everything but pick your nose.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Instructor
#995 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrèmedelaCrème
I hate it when people get high grades. Yes, I know people generally work for them and all that, but still, I always feel better when I am way above average. When a lot of people get high grades, it makes my own high grade (A or A-) not very exceptional or special. When a lot of people get high grades, I would have a harder time to stand out from the crowd and distinguish myself that I am someone special. Life is all about competition.

Uh... if I'm reading this correct... It annoys you when other people are high achievers, because you want the spotlight to be focused on you? It also sands to reason that if the standards were raised so that less people got A or A- grades, then you could also risk losing those grades as well.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but it seems like a pretty self-absorbed thing to be complaining about. I'm glad that you have a lot of self-confidence, but it shouldn't be something to project onto others so that their achievements will be cheapened solely for the sake of your ego.
Mad Poster
#996 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 11:31 PM
On the other hand, where ELSE ya gonna go to be self-absorbed?

Instructor
#997 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 11:51 PM
I dunno. A place where self-absorbed meddling won't interfere with other peoples' education?

And back on topic:

Mustard. And pickles. MEGALOATHE.
Mad Poster
#998 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 12:01 AM
Even a specialty mustard on a special sausage?
Hot dogs...gag.
Sex on the beach...ouch.

Test Subject
#999 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 12:27 AM
Pikachu, the Call Of Duty franchise, Spongebob, ROBLOX, (2013) YouTube, Harlem Shake, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, Ham, salad, The Sims 3: Supernatural (The zombies, and the werewolves rustles my jimmies. Plus my game seems to focus on it so much), Simpsons (The newest season, and the one before it)
Test Subject
#1000 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 1:38 AM
I hate Disney channel so corny, the New England Patriots, the Pittsburgh Steelers and tea
Page 40 of 43