Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Jericho

by simsample Posted 28th Dec 2011 at 5:56 PM - Updated 2nd Sep 2021 at 8:09 PM by simsample : Resurrected dead links!

521 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 292 Feedback Posts, 228 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 15 of 21
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#351 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 1:09 PM
Thanks for the comment, Newagesim- I'm pleased you like it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#352 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 7:22 PM
I tried several times to play in this world, I have installed four times, each time with difentes patches that have come out so far. and every time I install a sim on a lot, the game suddenly closes. many of the times I've tried with no custom content. My game is original and my computer is a CORE I3, I have 8 GB of RAM, Graphics card 1 GB, Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit. I have no pirated software. I really like your world, but it has been impossible play with it. Sorry for my english I'm from Venezuela
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#353 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 10:50 PM
Hi quiriquiri, sorry to hear that you are having problems! Do you have all of the required EPs and Riverview installed? You need World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations and Pets to run Jericho.
Lab Assistant
#354 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
eclipsse- I'm glad you got it working! Thank you for the great comment.

Jenesis- That's really nice of you to say, thank you! Jericho took me almost two years, but I did work, eat, live, research lots of things, make a small world for my daughter and attend lots of music concerts in that time, too.

Thank you all for downloading!

I have been playing Jericho for a week now - and I have been absolutely blown away by the level of detail and the sheer richness of the world - I have enjoyed playing this more than any of the official worlds - by a massive amount... so I just wanted to thank you - again - for this amazing world.

Highlights
- the humour - I have changed my primary sim to the investigator career so I have an excuse for her to wander around and read the building info boards...
- the detail - which makes it a pleasure to just follow when driving/cycling and admire the city...

and you have a Max Headroom hoarding as well! Perfection!!
Test Subject
#355 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 12:06 AM
Yes, I have all the expansions, but I think I solved it, I reinstalled the game completely, with all the expansions. Today I could finally play for a while. Yeiiiiiiii . cost me a bit to locate the lots of the new expansion, but finally I have the world! I'm sooooooo happy. Thanks, the city is beautiful and you have been very kind to answer me :D
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#356 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 12:22 AM
Aww, thank you eclipsse- I had great fun making it all, especially the in-jokes and the billboards.

quiriquiri- Well done for fixing it! I'm glad you can play Jericho, I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks all for posting and downloading!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#357 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 2:30 AM
This is amazing! Thanks for taking the time to create such a beautiful world!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#358 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 7:01 AM
So what would happen if you have run Riverview through the Compresserizor and run Jericho through it? Would it assign the same numbers?

Oh and do the tombs work just like tombs if you are playing it as a homeworld? I absolutely love it and am moving everyone over from Bridgeport.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#359 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 7:34 PM
Enowoyigold- Thanks for the comment! I'm glad you like it!

Mandelyn- Yes, that should work, but why not just download a clean version of Riverview from the store? It's free, so anyone can get it. Yes, the tombs wotk if you play it as a homeworld or a vacation destination, but you will have to find the tombs (no opportunities linked to them). I'm pleased that you like Jericho!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#360 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 4:05 AM
Yeah I know was just wondering......I just recently saw the posts about decrapifying at MATY and was wondering how necessary it really is. And the tombs look awesome can't wait to get in and play it, will be moving over the Bridgeport sims tomorrow
Test Subject
#361 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 6:36 PM
Hi,

Having a issue with downloading Jericho. Downloaded all 12 files, 1st breezed through the extracting, every other file would not work. Tried other methods. Tried changing the name of the file, that didn't work either aswell as the other method.

Could Moderator email me the files ?????
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#362 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 6:39 PM
RichardJ, did you try the alternative links as I recommended?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#363 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 12:24 AM
So here's an update: I got it to work. I can now play without crashes and almost no lag at all. Wanna know what I did?

I emptied my trashcan.

Seriously, that did it. Over 10 GB of stuff I really have no use for. And now that my laptop is finally able to breathe freely again, I have a new objective: I will try to move my real self into Jericho. Or, alternatively, make Jericho real. Whichever will be scientifically possible first.
Test Subject
#364 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 12:27 PM
Yes, I did try it, Didn't work. I really would love to play Jericho. Could you email me the files or we talk about a way so I can get to play your amazing world ?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#365 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 7:09 PM
novaminsulfon- Wow, you must have really been running low on hard drive space for emptying the recycle bin to make such a difference! If you don't have much space left you could always reduce the amount of space the recycle bin is allowed to take, and defragging your hard drive might help too.

RichardJ- Define 'didn't work'? Did you get an error, or did the files just not appear? If the MTS download and the alternative links don't work then I would say that you have a browser issue. Try clearing your internet cache and cookies, and try again. Also, try with a different browser. The downloads are working just fine for me and for many other people, so it has to be a problem your end. And if you can't download from a file host then chances are you can't download from your email server either.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#366 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 11:42 PM
Thank you this world looks amazing, you say you have used lots of the effects from the fog emitars which is always good as there's some pretty cool effects.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#367 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 12:03 AM
Thank you, WildWitch- I'm glad you like it! I've used not only fog emitter effects but also CAW effects, which are not dependant on the fog emitter and which exist in the world rather than on the lots. We can obtain those easily now through Super-CAW, but when I began to make Jericho that was not available, so I devised a method to import effects from the EA worlds.
Lab Assistant
#368 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 7:42 PM
I really love this town!!

Would you ever consider making Showtime venue add-ons as a separate download?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#369 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 10:33 PM
I'm glad you like it, E-Double! I have no plans to update for Showtime or to make Showtime venues at the moment, I spent almost two years making this and am enjoying actually playing for a while! Maybe I'll look at it in the future. In the meantime, you can always update it yourself; the CAW files are in the first post.
Test Subject
#370 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 10:16 PM
I've been tryinhg to edit Jericho in CAW, to add the showtime venues, but I keep getting this error:
"The Sims 3 Create a World Tool - Beta has crashed!
Exception Information:
Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."

All i've done is opened CAW and then opened the jericho.world file in it. The world loads and when I zoom out, to get started editing, it crashes with that error. Is it me, or my CAW or jericho? Thanks.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#371 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 10:38 PM
thumbprint- It's your CAW setup, or perhaps your computer. That's a memory error, usually thrown when CAW runs out of memory and tries to use some it shouldn't. Have you made your CAW exe large address aware? Remember that Jericho is very large so you'll need a good computer to edit it in CAW.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=441595
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#372 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 4:53 AM
잘받아가요 감사합니다..
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#373 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 11:06 PM
Thanks yang- please provide an English translation so that we can all understand what you wrote.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#374 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 10:47 PM
I have just downloaded and installed Jericho, all I have to say is : It's AMAZINGGGG!!! Thanks a lot for this piece of art
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#375 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 12:01 PM
So, I have a dilemma - I've played Jericho before and loved it, but recently had some computer trouble and had to completely reformat. After re-installing all of my games, patching and putting my CC back where it should be, the first thing I did was reinstall Jericho. So I go in game and get ready to play - and Jericho is the only world that won't load. I try to start a new town with it, and my game crashes. All of my other worlds run just fine, and I have one other custom world that I got from the store and it runs fine as well.
I don't THINK I did anything wrong. I unzipped all 12 files together, had it installed via the launcher and it said it was installed correctly....why can't I play your lovely world?! </3
Page 15 of 21