Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 3:09 PM
Default Window Issues
I know windows aren't supposed to be black .and I'm positive it's an easy fix that I'm just not finding somewhere on the boards :shrug but I dunno how to do it.
This is the said window, (if someone could tell me how to do it so I do it and learn how that would be amazing XD) I tried the "hey my thing isn't transparent" from the other questions, and the how do you add glass confused me so I didn't do that either. I am HORRIBLE at Blender. (I had to google how to get into edit mode T.T)
this is the package I've already double checked their alpha maps, and made sure it has them in all the instances.

Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 3:19 PM
What are you using to make these? I'm a bit confused when you say "the how do you add glass confused me so I didn't do that" .. if they are made from existing windows (and they very much look like it), that wouldn't be an extra step.

To me it sounds like your wallmask is not correct -- in TSRW that is in the last tab, "Misc". Click on the little preview > Edit > Export, edit that pic to your liking, and import back in. Make sure you save it as DDS5 (not 1!) -- in TSRW a DDS1 will be displayed fine too, but in game that won't work.

Also when you turn a one-tile into a two-tile window, check the wallmask flags -- off the top of my head I don't remember what they say exactly but they need to be like in other two-tile windows (just compare with a random Maxis one) for it to be two tile.

(It also looks like your mesh isn't really mapped properly where the windows join each other .. in the corners it looks like it's two windows overlapping. But that is a different issue.)
Screenshots

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 12:44 AM
They're all the same in TSRW and it didn't change anything T.T I'm gonna start from scratch and try again using TSRW (I normally use S4S) I'll see what happens. It wouldn't import my mesh to tsrw it said the indexes were out of bounds, but i'll see what i can do Edit : nope, I just don't understand windows and their meshes apparently. I'm sorry for wasting your time. I'll wait til someone writes a step by step tutorial I'm not good enough with these programs to try to do it piecemeal
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 12:57 AM
"Index out of bounds" is what you would see when your groups don't have the right names or are not in the right order. Are you importing directly from blender or via Milkshape -> wso? Check that the groups are in the right order (starting with 0 and then down from there) and are named like "group_0" and not something else.

Windows are no different from other objects .. they just have more groups than most.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 2:05 AM
I was importing directly from blender, I'll try going through milkshape, although I'm having to use obj out of milkshape too, because even with the plugins installed there's no way to export to wso. No Joy, it imported all right, but it's invisible (rofl) it's ok Plastic <3 thank you for trying. part of MS is knowing when to stop before your brain gives out. i've hit that point on this and I'm done.