Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 6:20 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Glitching. Badly in Bodyshop.
Well, now that I think about it I remember this happening the last time I tried installing and playing sims 2. I'm afraid my graphics card may be TOO good...if that's even possible, here are just a couple pictures of what I'm talking about.

If anyone knows the solution to this, I'd be really happy. The computer is a windows 7. A long time ago when I had my laptop, it was also a windows 7 and Sims 2 ran beautifully until my laptop just died randomly. ):
For a graduation gift, my mother bought me a new computer after sharing hers for over 1 year. Sadly by this point pretty much every new computer had Windows 8 installed and Windows 8 doesn't support Sims 2.
That's exactly what is installed on my new computer.
So any help or suggestions is appreciated. Thank you!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 8:24 AM
What are your system specs?

Call me Abi if you want, it's easier to type than my username!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 8:49 AM
Is this it?

Sorry if it's not, I googled how to find system specs on windows 7...
Theorist
#4 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 11:57 AM
It's your graphics card, unfortunately. It's definitely not for TS2, so as the many other Intel graphics. If you're on laptop, there isn't much you can do to improve it, but if you're on desktop, you can easily buy a new graphics card for your computer.

Read here about your graphics card and many other onboard graphics and their glitchiness.

Read here if you want to know what will happen if you continue playing TS2.

Sorry about that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 6:44 PM Last edited by hyperchild623 : 12th Oct 2013 at 7:18 PM.
Weird, I'm able to play Sims 3 with it. Thank you though for finding the problem. Is there a graphics card that you recommend?

I figured maybe my graphics card was too good, since when I first installed it, everything was high as default. When I went into the CAS the male hair was glitching just like in Bodyshop. But I went back in and changed graphic effects to medium to see what it would do. So far it seems like it's working well, I don't see the glitching effect IN game, but I have yet to check with Bodyshop. If it continues to glitch then I will try to find a graphics card that is in the recommended specs. Thank you again!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hyperchild623
Weird, I'm able to play Sims 3 with it. Thank you though for finding the problem. Is there a graphics card that you recommend?

I figured maybe my graphics card was too good, since when I first installed it, everything was high as default. When I went into the CAS the male hair was glitching just like in Bodyshop. But I went back in and changed graphic effects to medium to see what it would do. So far it seems like it's working well, I don't see the glitching effect IN game, but I have yet to check with Bodyshop. If it continues to glitch then I will try to find a graphics card that is in the recommended specs. Thank you again!

Yeah no. :/ Nevermind, it was working good for a few minutes, but turned sour. My question still stands.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 11:15 PM
Any mid-to-high range modern graphics card will be absolutely fine for TS2. Bear in mind that the game has been out of production for five years, so you really don't need anything special to run it - the problem you have is that right now, you have nothing at all .

If you also want to play TS3, you should get a graphics card which is listed as all green "Yes" for the TS3 EPs you want to play, since otherwise you'll burn out the graphics card playing TS3 (that's also what will happen to your Intel HD chip if you keep playing on it): Game Help:TS3 System Requirementswiki

Bear in mind that you'll probably have to buy and install a new PSU (power supply unit) to run a new graphics card.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.