Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Move Over Dahlen

by leefish Posted 11th Dec 2011 at 2:44 PM - Updated 10th Nov 2013 at 3:03 AM by leefish : add collection file info

150 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 54 Feedback Posts, 95 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 7
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#101 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 7:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by felicitations
These are lovely! One question, though -- are the deco books slaved to the original books? I have a period game so I would only want them if they will take all my historical recolors thanks!

They are slaved to the Craftmeister booknook, not the Dahlen. However, as the two textures are identical then you could edit the recolours for personal use.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#102 Old 7th Feb 2012 at 11:22 PM
Awesome book cases. These have really expanded my decorating/cluttering in my sims' houses!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#103 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 8:46 PM
These look fantastic and so versatile I can't wait to use them and see what I can come up with! It's such a great idea--congrats on your cup and thanks so much for sharing your work with everyone.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#104 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 7:18 PM
Lee you should get an amazing amazingness award or some such wonderous recognition! FANTASTIC addition to the game! I adore books and therefore all my sims must too! Thank you thank you!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#105 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 6:21 AM
A genius you are
Test Subject
#106 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 4:44 AM
I need help in finding my books.
The bookshelf's installed fine as they appear in the game but not the books.
Is there anyway of fixing my problem?
Cheers & thanks.
Test Subject
#107 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 9:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kawaiipikachu
I need help in finding my books.
The bookshelf's installed fine as they appear in the game but not the books.
Is there anyway of fixing my problem?
Cheers & thanks.

Nevermind I realised I forgot to download the books
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#108 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 1:41 AM
Thank you so much :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#109 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 4:43 PM
Thank you! This is very useful
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#110 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 4:50 AM
I think I love you. My Ravenclaw sims will be very happy.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#111 Old 21st May 2012 at 8:55 AM
I'm having a hard time placing books anywhere but the bottom shelf. The game isn't wanting to let me put them anywhere else. Am I missing something?
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#112 Old 21st May 2012 at 6:44 PM
I would need a bit more info to help really, but here is the basics - these are set up as base game compatible, but you need to "click through" the slots.

There are 3 slots on each shelf, so if you want a big stack on the middle slot then you place and click ctrl + m to move it. Then place the next bookstack and click ctrl +m to move to the slot you want. Just keep clicking. If you are having problems using ctrl + m then use a slot blocker.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Field Researcher
#113 Old 22nd May 2012 at 11:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leesester
I would need a bit more info to help really, but here is the basics - these are set up as base game compatible, but you need to "click through" the slots.

There are 3 slots on each shelf, so if you want a big stack on the middle slot then you place and click ctrl + m to move it. Then place the next bookstack and click ctrl +m to move to the slot you want. Just keep clicking. If you are having problems using ctrl + m then use a slot blocker.
Specifically, I'm trying to fill the largest empty bookcase. One that is already complete bookcase. I'm able to place books on the bottom shelf, and its three slots, but unable to place them any higher. You think ctrl + m will fix the problem? I will try that and report back.

Most people learn by observation, and there are the few who learn by experimentation. And then there are those who actually TOUCH the fire to see if it's really hot.
retired moderator THANKS POST
#114 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 3:58 AM
I *love* this download, leesester, and I *LOVE* Doris Day. It was the first thing I thought of when I read the title of this post ;D Thanks for sharing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#115 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 5:11 PM
this was great ! but takes FOREVER to fill the all shelves with books
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#116 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rosedreamer101
this was great ! but takes FOREVER to fill the all shelves with books

Yes it does .

This might help: Filled small bookcase

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#117 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 9:35 PM
Can't seem to get the collection one to show up in my game. I downloaded the FT version since I have everything EXCEPT Celebration, IKEA, Holidays, and M&G. Any ideas?
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator THANKS POST
Original Poster
#118 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 10:20 PM
Did you download the collection file?
Test Subject
#119 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 11:59 PM
Ugh. i love this set so much. but for the life of me i cannot figure out what to install.. Guess i wont be able to have a library.. oo
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 29th Aug 2012 at 5:36 PM
awe-some! i love the idea of a home library with books all over the walls! or a possible bookshop ^^ - and i love big organized flexible sets too XD.
now as to recolors & slaving *sorry here comes stupid* - the books are slaved to the craftmeister (meaning they'd adopt craftmeister books RCs), but the shelves take on any RC from the dahlen bookcase itself (like the p'bob/upper 5th links)..?? or did i get ev'thing wrong and mixed up as usual? *grin*
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#121 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 12:19 PM
Very close - you are correct for the books - but the dahlen bookcase from NL used the Craftsmeister BaseGame Bookcase textures but they were not linked - they were copied. So, in order to make this basegame I slaved these to the Craftmeister - so for WOOD recolours - you need Craftmeister recolours.

Lab Assistant
#122 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 9:51 AM
cool! means heget's & gabihime's RC will work fine ^_^
got your miniversion @ leefish too, thx!
Field Researcher
#123 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 1:49 PM
first I wanted to thank you for this great upload ^.^
and I wanted to ask you something, that doesn't really have something to do with this upload, but I thought posting it here would be the easiest way to get an answer. I hope that's alright for you. =3
would you mind explaining me, how you got this set to be, with the right version downloaded, collection only? that information would be really useful for other bigger sets that start to clutter my catalogue up ^^'
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#124 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 1:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheFlyingRaccoon
first I wanted to thank you for this great upload ^.^

would you mind explaining me, how you got this set to be, with the right version downloaded, collection only? that information would be really useful for other bigger sets that start to clutter my catalogue up ^^'

Yes. I got the information from huge lunatic and a tutorial on MTS. But what you do is (this is easiest I think) - you first make a collection file with all the things you want in that collection in it. Then using SIMPE, you need to edit each individual file....

You need to alter the OBJ function flags in SimPE - NOT THE ROOM ONES. See the picture.
Screenshots

Field Researcher
#125 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leesester
Yes. I got the information from huge lunatic and a tutorial on MTS. But what you do is (this is easiest I think) - you first make a collection file with all the things you want in that collection in it. Then using SIMPE, you need to edit each individual file....

You need to alter the OBJ function flags in SimPE - NOT THE ROOM ONES. See the picture.

Alright, I think I should be able to do this. Thank you very much ^.^
Page 5 of 7