Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 3:27 AM
Default Unfortunate mesh incidents and errors
Hello everybody.
As some of you may know, I was working on some Halo themed content a few months ago and I recently picked my projects back up.
As I progressed through my new meshes, everything was going smoothly until it quite literally was not.

After looking around on the internet and various forums, I figured the body mesh had to have an incorrect number of bones for the group, but my other meshes for the same collection are also having problems. This occurs even when not used in conjunction to the body mesh.
Any help is greatly appreciated, and if you happen to know of any good tutorials on separating a mesh into different groups (and importing the new groups into a package!), I ask that you please direct me to them.
Thank you much!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 9:44 PM
Could be incorrect bone assignments, could be too many bones in one mesh. (I think the maximum bones per mesh is 60 but that's off the top of my head.) Vertices dropping to the floor typically means missing bone assignments. If you upload your package I'll take a look.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 1:14 AM
Thanks much, I actually read about assigning bones to a newly created portion of a mesh. I think I can figure it out from here (especially since I'm scrapping and starting over again), but thanks for your response.