Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 2:35 AM
Default How do I get rid of robot mode on a townie?
One of my townies suddenly turned into a really ugly pseudo-robot, and I couldn't figure out why. It turned out he had the "Bot Fan" trait (I'm not in Oasis Landing - he randomly generated that trait on aging up), and then entered something called "robot mode". From that point on, I couldn't use Nraas to do an Edit in CAS to change his outfit, and his appearance - and thumbnail - are making me absolutely crazy. I used Nraas to remove his Bot Fan trait, and I removed the trait "robot mode" manually from the list of traits. The appearance hasn't gone away, and I still can't edit him in CAS.

Does anyone know a solution to this? If it's with Nraas, that's fine. If it's with TestingCheats, that's also OK. I just haven't been able to figure out anything, and googling this has netted me absolutely nothing.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I've been beating my head against the wall about this for ages. The only real solution is using Awesome mod and use "switch household" which you can do ingame, then switch them back to human, then using testingcheat to edit and delete the trait, and finally switch back to your household.

Hm... I don't want to use Awesome, but I guess I could switch households and try that. I was trying to avoid that particular procedure, but maybe it's the only way to do it.

I think I'm going to use Nraas to blacklist that trait from now on. If the sim looked like a decent-looking robot, or if you could modify the appearance somehow, it would be OK. But that robot appearance is UGLY.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 5:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
which NRAAS tool do you use to remove that trait? I want to ban it too.

I'm not sure - I use all except Vector in my game. I think it's Story Progression; you can select the option "disallow traits" and select any traits you don't want your sims in that neighborhood to have.

My problem is that I didn't KNOW this trait had this attached "feature", so I didn't know to disallow it.

Edit: Btw, I want to thank you - that worked. In fact, I had to re-add Bot Fan back as a trait, then I had the option to "switch to organic mode" when I had him selected. Then I immediately removed the trait and switched back to my previous family. Man, what a stupid feature!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 4th Feb 2016 at 12:38 PM
Mastercontroller > Advanced > Traits > Change

Then look for Robot Mode trait, under value it should say "has" next to it. Click on it... then click on the tick and it should remove the trait.

This bugged me for ages, I thought it was something to do with the childish trait... heheh