Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st May 2016 at 10:20 PM
CAS sliders for "sharper" features?
So this probably hasn't been made, but it can't hurt to ask. As you all probably know, TS3 characters tend to have rather soft and rounded features (for a lack of better words) and I'm not a massive fan of those, so are there any downloadable sliders to create, uh, "ediger" faces? If, for instance, I want to make a sim with sharp cheekbones, a bony nose, or a defined jawline. I hope I'm describing this well enough for people to understand.

Also while I'm asking about this, is it possible to download multiple additional sliders? I already have one pack with a bunch of body sliders (waist, legs, shoulders etc.), can I keep that while installing more sliders or are they incompatible with each other?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

English is not my native language, please forgive (and/or politely correct) any grammatical errors!
Advertisement
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st May 2016 at 11:45 PM
Sharp cheekbones, bony nose, and stronger jawline can all be achieved with the in-game sliders, if you use a slider multiplier function like the one in Master Controller to extend their range. The in-game range is -100 to 100, but I've seen people extend their slider range as much as -600 to 600. Extending the range to 300 or 400 is usually enough for most facial sculpts.

It is fine to download multiple sliders.

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Test Subject
#3 Old 10th May 2016 at 6:37 AM
Besides sliders, another way to get sharper and more defined features is from custom skintones. They basically "re-paint" the bodies to contour the face, torso, legs and arms. I use Mamyrocker's Outstanding Male Skin http://mysims3blog.blogspot.ca/2014...akeover-by.html. There are a few other skintones with similar effects like Buffy's http://mysims3blog.blogspot.ca/2012...-version-4.html; some are defaults which may be useful for randomly-generated or newborn Sims.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st May 2016 at 8:24 PM
Can somebody tell me how can I use Master Controller for this? I have it but I don't think it does anything about sliders as default, does it?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st May 2016 at 11:12 PM
You go into the CAS section on "Settings" and adjust the slider multipliers. Generally, I like to set body multipliers to 2 and facial multipliers to 3.