Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 3:25 AM
Default Strange black pixels on my edited mesh?
Hello!

I've been trying to learn how to mesh clothes for a little while now. I successfully managed to edit the base game tank top to be longer. I'm at the stage where I'm texturing my new tank top, and now I've found that my mesh has a weird black pixel glitch near my edit.

Could this be caused by an unsatisfactory UV map? Or... is it just being funny in CTU? Maybe something's up with my texture? I'm not really quite sure what's going on with this. Any advice would be great, thank you!
Advertisement
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 4:32 AM
I believe those are just the backfaces of the mesh. They most likely won't be an issue, but always check in-game :D

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 5:21 AM Last edited by TARLACHRed : 18th Jun 2015 at 6:04 AM.
Oh, alrightie then. Thank you, Spladoum!

Back to texturing this tank top, then!

EDIT: I ran into another issue with my tank top, and instead of making a brand new thread, I figured it'd be best to put it in this one. No need to clutter up the site.

So, I'm fairly unsure on how to fix the UV map on this tank top. I know that after the grid texture is imported and applied to my mesh, I have to make sure that all of the squares are fairly congruent. How on earth? I've selected in so many different locations on this darn UV map. I've stretched it from so many different places. Nothing fixes it! It's not a problem if there is not an obvious pattern applied to it (stripes, flowers, other geometrical shapes), but if there is... well... it ends up looking pretty darn awful.

Here's what it looks like in Milkshape.
No matter what I try, I cannot get the edited part of my mesh to have evenly distributed squares on it. They are perpetual rectangles!

Any advice? I know UV mapping is considered as one of the most difficult parts of meshing, but... isn't there some "UV mapping for dummies" handbook somewhere? Haha!
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 11:45 AM
Did you lengthen the shirt solely by moving (or scaling) the very last row of vertices? I would actually recommend moving/lowering all of the vertices below the waist incrementally, it'll be easier to make an even UV map that way.

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Field Researcher
#5 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 12:00 PM
Care if you send me the project files for your mod?