Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 3:02 PM
Default Custom VOCALOID-content(help wanted!)
Hello! (It´s me again, sorry...)

Okay, here is the story: Due the lack of the The Sims 3 VOCALOID-content, I have made a decision.
I want to make (as mentioned before) custom VOCALOID-content by myself.
I know by now that it is very hard to do if you are a beginner like me.
But, I have found Dreamy Theatre 2nd rips on the internet. (I don´t know if this is illegal, but I really want to do this.)
The only thing I have to do with the meshing is to resize the mesh to the sims 3 body.
That´s rather easy.
But, the real problem is to texture the custom hairs. (I know how to do it on clothing, but not on hairs.)
Is there any tutorial, someone like me can understand?
Or it is really difficult to do?
If it´s to any help, I will upload the already made hair textures that came with the rips-folder.
Another question is if the hair textures that came with the download can be used to my project?
I have searched for tutorials on the internet, but it seems that I can´t find something for The Sims 3.
(I´m using Milkshape OR Blender and GIMP.)
Do you have any links to tutorials, I would really appriciate that.
I really need your !

Thank you.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 9:26 PM
You can always clone one of EA's base game hairs and extract the textures used (in S3PE or TSRW): all you really need is to copy/paste the Mask, Multiplier, Specular, etc.
The really long male/female hairs have nice simple textures that I've used once or twice.

Granted: everyone knows EA's hair textures suck, but it's a good start, if you don't know how to make your own hair textures (I sure as eff don't ) or you don't have permission to use other creators' hair textures.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 9:58 PM
Thank you!
I will try that! :D
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 5:15 PM
Hope it helps!