Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 3:48 PM
Sim gave birth to nothing...?
The strangest thing just happened. My sim entered labor, all was normal, I went to play with another sim while she was giving birth... Suddenly the little notification thingy popped up and said she had captured the memory of giving birth, but there was no baby? I waited a little longer but no children were added. The woman was now walking around normally and could do all things a non-pregnant sim can do. She had no "pregnant" or "labor" moodlet and when I checked her status with MasterController I saw that she was not marked as pregnant anymore, and her number or children remained the same. However, and here's where it gets even more strange, she still looks pregnant! She wears maternity clothes and has a huge belly even though she's not marked as pregnant! Why did this happen, and how can I fix this? I really wanted that baby.

English is not my native language, please forgive (and/or politely correct) any grammatical errors!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 5:14 PM Last edited by Kithie : 16th Feb 2016 at 5:24 PM. Reason: Update
Would like to clarify that I'm really asking for help here, not just sharing a story. This was extremely confusing, not to mention disappointing.

UPDATE: Just noticed she has the "It's a boy" moodlet so it really looks like she did give birth, except she still had a pregnant belly, maternity clothes, and no baby.

English is not my native language, please forgive (and/or politely correct) any grammatical errors!
Site Helper
#3 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 5:29 PM
(This should probably be in Game Help )

It sounds as though your sim may have glitched while giving birth. If you have a saved game from while she was still pregnant, I would suggest going back to that save.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 12:03 AM
Maybe it was just pent-up air?
Scholar
#5 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 3:17 AM
Phantom pregnancy?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 6:11 PM
FIXED IT! Thought I should mention how I did it, in case anyone else has the same problem.

Basically, I just got her pregnant again. She looked the same throughout the entire pregnancy, but after giving birth (which I did at the hospital this time) she went back to normal! It was not possible to get her pregnant the usual way though, as the game treated her as still pregnant so she could only engage in safe woohoo. I impregnated her using MasterController, with the "pollinate" thingy. I got the idea because I sometimes get Sims arms stuck in the position of holding a drink and fix that by making them have an actual drink so that they can properly "finish the animation", and I figured it might work the same way with her pregnancy.

One Minute Ninja'd
#7 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 6:39 PM
That's great! So your mom looks normal again? But still, what happened to the baby? I hoped you checked the snow drifts, because they might have some real parental issues when they childhood if they had been left like a cabbage patch doll in the backyard during those formative years,
Meet Me In My Next Life
#8 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 3:54 AM
@ Kithie I am happy you got it fixed, I not so sure about if I would ever use any kind of Mod Or a Master Controller ( whatever that is ? ) for a Sims getting or being pregnant , meaning if that what it is use for ( I know nothing about it. )
All I do is let the Sims get pregnant the original way the Sims game was setup, then I have no baby problems. Anyway I know nothing about a Master Controller with the "pollinate." first I have heard of this myself that is.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 10:57 AM
I had that problem with alien pregnancy with one sim. Basically, he was abducted by aliens, got fatter (pregnant) and when he was supposed to deliver the baby, he delivered it, but the baby got deleted, so he gave birth to nothing. That was the only time I got the glitch.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Feb 2016 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
@ Kithie I am happy you got it fixed, I not so sure about if I would ever use any kind of Mod Or a Master Controller ( whatever that is ? ) for a Sims getting or being pregnant , meaning if that what it is use for ( I know nothing about it. )
All I do is let the Sims get pregnant the original way the Sims game was setup, then I have no baby problems. Anyway I know nothing about a Master Controller with the "pollinate." first I have heard of this myself that is.

MasterController is a mod by NRaas which, as the name suggest, offers lots and lots of options to control the game. I personally love it, but of course the game works great without it as well so while I do recommend it, it is by no means a necessity The "pollinate" option allows you to select any sim in your neighborhood to instantly impregnate the selected sim, and I don't normally use it, only this one time because my sim was unable to "Try for baby". Might be good for such circumstances, or, I don't know, if someone for whatever reason wants to achieve a Bible-style virgin birth.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Feb 2016 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
I had that problem with alien pregnancy with one sim. Basically, he was abducted by aliens, got fatter (pregnant) and when he was supposed to deliver the baby, he delivered it, but the baby got deleted, so he gave birth to nothing. That was the only time I got the glitch.

Oh, I really want to have aliens in my game, it's one of the things I missed the most from TS2! Unfortunately I've filled my game up with too many mods and CC so installing any new EP's would totally kill it.