Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Nov 2015 at 4:13 AM
Default How to add custom doll accessories to the dollhouse?
I'm stuck with a dollhouse I want to make custom accessories to (like the cars in Leefish's Skill Building Toy Garage).
I imported the 'Event - Play - Create Doll' and 'Event - Play - Toddler - Create Doll' files from the semiglobals and changed the GUID in the '0x1 Create New Object Instance' (Behaviour Function Editor) but that doesn't seem to be enough... Meaning the Maxis dolls stick in their hands!
I tried to import other semiglobals too but those two are the only ones that reference the doll GUID (as far as I know).

I've tried to look through the Toy Garage files to get some clue what to do but I'm stuck. What files did I miss? What should I be editing? PLEASE help me!!!

Of course I have the new dolls package (with new GUID attached) in the dowloads folder etc. And to make it clear I don't want to make the dolls a default replacement or anything, just for this particular package.

Problem number 2: I'd like to change the 'user data' (flags) so that also adults etc. can choose the 'Play' interaction, and so I checked the boxes in the Pie Menu Functions but with no luck! Does the Guardian BHAV prevent the pie menu from appearing? Do I need to change or completely remove it?

Huge thanks in advance!

Also all kinds of info about adding custom accessories to interactions would be appreciated!
Advertisement
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Nov 2015 at 7:50 AM
Hello.

If you look inside the garage or dollhouse you will see in one of the BHAVs (not sure which one) there are lines in the BHAV that create an object instance with the GUID. Those are the GUIDs of the toys. So that is how you make that bit work.

Re the adults playing, yea, look in the guardian BHAV for the play interaction.

Sorry for the short reply but I am busy with Fishmas over at leefish.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 2:33 AM
Default Still can't figure it out!
This is driving me nuts...

Thanks for the quick reply, Leefish, but unfortunately that's exactly what I've been trying to do...
Like I explained, the two "Create Doll" files are the ones containing the doll guids, so I changed them in the operands accordingly. The (other) Toy Garage operands haven't been changed so I dared not to touch them, but now I tried even that. I changed the operands of the 'create new instance' lines to zeros except the fifth box which is 06 (plus changed the guids of course) following opportunistically the custom plate tutorial (to get some hint).

And absolutely nothing happens, the dolls don't even disappear! There must be some obvious bit I'm missing...

In the toy garage files there are some extra semiglobals (like the 'event create doll' ones) that I have imported but I don't see any lines that reference in any way to the dolls.. (Except the two containing the guids!) Eeh, I'm stuck...

There must be something that should be changed besides the guids to get the game read them...
Another thing what comes to my mind is that I made four different meshes for the dolls (instead for maxis there is two: 2xfemale and 2xmale), could that be affecting it somehow? I don't know, just trying to guess all sorts of things... In the GMDC there are four mesh files though (2xf and 2xm), so seems unlikely... If that was the case shouldn't it be doing some weird stuff, errors or something? Instead just the maxis dolls, so annoying...
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 2:03 PM
When you cloned the doll house did you clone it as a self referencing object?

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 7:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leefish
When you cloned the doll house did you clone it as a self referencing object?

Meaning...? Do you mean like in the cloning options the 'create stand alone object? Or something else...?
I might have... Not even sure anymore!

Actually I've been trying to clone this from the 'recolourable dollhouse'... so, to make the end result recolorable!
Well, stupid me, I thought, maybe I shouldn't have... So I checked it out again and did notice that the model names in the original (maxis) dollhouse have actually an '_alpha' extension to them... Okay, so I go and clone the maxis house from scratch, using the default cloning settings (i.e. stand alone object unchecked) except the change description one, replaced the two mesh files and adding the texture (plus of course adding the two BHAV files etc.). I cloned the dollhouse_doll file with the same method, changing only the texture map to solid red... to check what happens! And, nothing happens, of course... The dolls don't change color. Of course.

I've been rummaging through the internet to get some clues what to do, reading all kinds of stuff about BHAV etc...
I found one post where someone had the exact same problem: trying to clone some object with accessories not showing up. Unfortunately no one solved it... Except for mentioning that it's "definately a guid issue".

In another post someone hinted that it could be a fix integrity problem... Ooh, I don't know!
When I clone the object and the scenegraphic wizard pops up, should I add something to the file name or not? Should I hit the update button or not? (Some tutorials tell you to 'update' it, others forbid it strictly...) Usually I just leave it be and hit the okay...
And what about after the mesh/texture changes... I've been fixing integrity just to make sure - could there be some problem?

WHAT in the name of *** am I doing wrong here? WHY, WHY then the toy garage works just fine...?! I probably made some stupid, base mistake, right?

And from you I kinda got the idea that you didn't change anything else besides the guids in the 'create new object instance' node...

When I finally get this fixed and working I'm SO gonna thank you for putting up with me!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#6 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 6:47 AM
You should clone the object with 'create stand alone object' ticked. Save the name and then fix integrity. Link up the guids for the new toys and that should be it. I made that dollshouse years ago, so my memory is not clear.

It would probably be easiest if you just attached what you have so far.