Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 8:36 PM
Default Single mum quintuplets challenge
Ok, I've got to hold my hands up and say there's nothing new or original about this one! I just love playing a 'single mum raising babies' challenge but the septuplets one has me sitting in a corner rocking and crying, so I thought I'd post an achievable alternative!

The aim of the game is very simple. Just to have a single mother raise quintuplets (5 babies) to adulthood as successfully as possible.

Create a single female sim. She can be any personality/aspiration that you want. Move her into an empty lot of any size. Turn aging off and use her funds to build her a basic house. You can design and furnish it any way you like, but if it's realistically 'livable' in from the start (enclosed walls, at least a couple of windows, floor coverings, separate bathroom, at least 1 sink etc) you're awarded 5000 bonus points when you complete the game so bear that in mind!

Play for 1 week with aging off. Use this time to do with her what you will (except breed of course!) but she can have whatever jobs/friends/romantic partners/pets/businesses/hobbies you like. When Sunday comes around keep her on aging off and have her fall pregnant. You can do this the good old traditional way (though if you move anyone in to do the deed he must be moved out again immediately taking his money with him!) or using a hack. Immediately she becomes pregnant do forcetwins. Even if you have a triplets or other multiple births cheat stick to twins so we're all on an equal footing. For that reason too let the pregnancy progress naturally. The same day the twins are born get her pregnant again, and again after them. Of course the third pregnancy should only be one baby so don't get carried away and forcetwins again!

Anyway, so once all the babies are born make a note of the day of the week, and play for a further 1 week with aging off. When the week is up let them age up 2 days later as they would usually do, but as soon as they become toddlers turn aging off for another 2 weeks this time. After that turn aging on and leave it on.

For this game I'm just going to award points for the positive, and not remove for negative. Bad stuff is depressing enough!

Create a 'livable' house from the start - 5000 points
Learning to walk/talk/use potty/sing nursery rhyme - 1000 points each
Each 'best friend' status achieved between parent and baby before aging up to toddlerhood - 2000 points
Ditto, with toddler before aging up to childhood (if not already reached in baby phase) - 1000 points
Ditto, with child (if not previously achieved) - 500 points
Each personality point altered through encouragement - 1000 points
Every skill point (mother and kids) - 1000 points
Talent badges - 500 points bronze, 1000 silver, 2000 gold
Every family friend at the end of the game (include kids' friends but only once, even if friends with 2 of your offspring) - 1000 points
Every grew up well - 2000 points
Each overachiever - 2000 points
Each scholarship - 1000 points
Reach top of career - 500 points teens, 5000 points mum
Lifetime achievement (must be reached before kids leave for college) - 10,000 points
Every household value simoleon at the end of the game - 1 point

Rules

No nannies (other service sims are acceptable)
No other household members, except for a few minutes to impregnate if you want to do it that way
At least one A+ report card must be achieved for each child at some point before becoming an adult/leaving for uni
Teens must remain in household until the day before they age up. If you want to make the game more interesting play the teen stage without controlling them.
Use of reward objects is permitted, but aside from the cheats mentioned no others - no kaching, motherlode, maxmotives etc

Have fun!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 6:10 AM
OMG I might do this!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 2:18 PM Last edited by grammapat : 5th Nov 2015 at 9:18 PM. Reason: figured some stuff out
I have a social worker mod - you didn't say anything about babies being taken away. I've tried this, yanking mom out of bed to at least feed babies or toddlers; I bet they would have been taken away!

I have a season mod that makes each season last 7 days - that shouldn't affect anything.

Mom ONLY will be able to work the first week (plus 1 day, I thing); I kept expecting her to get fired, but even when the toddlers were a few days old, mom had not been fired. Does "age off" STOP firing? She had a silver flower badge, and made money that way. If not for that, I guess she could not work (will she get fired) till the toddlers are kids, and she would have to have a job that had the same hours the KIDS were in school...

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I have a social worker mod - you didn't say anything about babies being taken away. I've tried this, yanking mom out of bed to at least feed babies or toddlers; I bet they would have been taken away!

I have a season mod that makes each season last 7 days - that shouldn't affect anything.

Mom ONLY will be able to work the first week (plus 1 day, I thing); I kept expecting her to get fired, but even when the toddlers were a few days old, mom had not been fired. Does "age off" STOP firing? She had a silver flower badge, and made money that way. If not for that, I guess she could not work (will she get fired) till the toddlers are kids, and she would have to have a job that had the same hours the KIDS were in school...

I never considered banning the social worker. I've played this scenario several times now and if the social worker comes i just quit without saving and try again which I suppose amounts to the same thing!

Wouldn't the seasons cheat give you an unfair advantage as you'd have a longer autumn in which to rack up skills?

The work thing, I don't know actually. I always just let her have use her maternity leave (I think it adds up to 12 days doesn't it, 4 for each pregnancy?) and then have her quit. When the kids are old enough for school you can 'job hop' just to raise funds, don't feel you have to stay in one career! If you have the expansion where they can walk to school and work too that helps, as you can boot the kids off at 8am and they don't mind being home for an hour before mum, so that helps.

I'm going to play my own challenge now and see how it goes. Wish me luck!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 8:00 AM
I don't think more days for autumn is unfair, as the other seasons have the same number of days.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..