Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 12:05 AM
Default In-game lot placement
I've been searching (in vain) for an answer to this question, so if it has been posted elsewhere, please direct me there

I know that in CAW you can set down new lots and have them automatically snap to whatever road they're beside - regardless of the angle.

Is there a way to make that happen in-game? It's so frustrating to find a really awesome world map, but you can't do anything to it because all the roads are at funky off-angles and once you delete a lot, there's no hope of replacing it with a new one.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 12:33 AM
Just out of curiosity, how do you do in CAW? I'm not aware of a way of doing it in-game but then I didn't know you could do it in CAW either!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 12:37 AM
go to edit town. in the little panel it is next to the main controls. (build/buy, create-a-sim,etc.) it is down low on the screen.

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Eminence Grise
#4 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jallon
I've been searching (in vain) for an answer to this question, so if it has been posted elsewhere, please direct me there

I know that in CAW you can set down new lots and have them automatically snap to whatever road they're beside - regardless of the angle.

Is there a way to make that happen in-game? It's so frustrating to find a really awesome world map, but you can't do anything to it because all the roads are at funky off-angles and once you delete a lot, there's no hope of replacing it with a new one.

I don't believe there's a way to make them snap in-game, but you can rotate them freely, using Alt. You'll have to get the angle right by eye though, definitely a tricky business. I just zoom way in and rotate em reeeeaaaallll slow, heh.

But even so, I'm afraid that some lots just can't be placed without a narrow strip in between the lot and the sidewalk... even if you have the angle exactly right
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 2:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
I don't believe there's a way to make them snap in-game, but you can rotate them freely, using Alt.

Much thanks for that tip! Maybe EA will wise-up and merge some of the more useful features of CAW into the regular game.

I'm a dreamer, I know!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 2:17 AM
Maybe they will do that with Sims 4. I gave up playing Twinbrooks after I bought Barnacle Bay just because ALL the land next to the roads in Twinbrooks are too hilly to make a good lot (that can be saved and used elsewhere). All I wanted to do was flatten a bit and make a shanty area next to the railroads, but it wouldn't let me without blowing up the tracks. And I wanted to add a farmer's depot near the military base and again no dice. Just the ability to make a few small changes would be nice. CAW isn't all that intuitive, why not make it like that other EA franchise, Sim City? God mode was easy, and changing the roads was a piece of cake.