Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 3:53 PM
Default How to populate a world without mods?
I don't want to use any mods to populate my world because I patched my Sims 3 game to 1.67 and I forget that Twallan no longer updates his mods...

Anyway, I'm sure EA has another way to populate their worlds...I think XML population but how can that be done?
There's no tutorial but can some explain it to me?

Thank you!

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 8:33 PM
Someone?

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 9:17 AM
That's sad...
A lot of people just ignore me... also in real life

My Simblr
dodgy builder
#4 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 10:43 AM
You have to learn how to find your own information. Use google, it's a very handy tool. You also have to read what people write, not just rush through it I gave you the answer in the population tutorial thread. Read what I wrote one more time.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 10:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
You have to learn how to find your own information. Use google, it's a very handy tool. You also have to read what people write, not just rush through it I gave you the answer in the population tutorial thread. Read what I wrote one more time.

Yes, save game is a way for populating but what happens, when I move my sim from Bridgeport to my custom world?
There won't be any new sims...(I mean the moving feature which came with Island Paradise)

My Simblr
Field Researcher
#6 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
Yes, save game is a way for populating but what happens, when I move my sim from Bridgeport to my custom world?
There won't be any new sims...(I mean the moving feature which came with Island Paradise)

If you want to bring your family from one town into your new world, why not just save that family to the bin, open the save game for your new world, then move them in from the bin? I've never used the moving feature, but I assume it works the same way.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thesims1depot
If you want to bring your family from one town into your new world, why not just save that family to the bin, open the save game for your new world, then move them in from the bin? I've never used the moving feature, but I assume it works the same way.

Yeah but if you want to use the Traveler mod, the neighborhood won't have any sims if they travel there...
I really want to populate my world without any mods and with XML population like EA does...

Why don't EA tell us the secret of XML population?

EDIT: Is there a way for changing save games into .world files?

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 7:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
That's sad...
A lot of people just ignore me... also in real life

Why I'm getting a "funny" mark at my post 3?
That's true but it's NOT funny.

My Simblr