Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#176 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 10:36 AM
Installed it yesterday and played a few hours... I find it amazing how well they have made the horses, and like the interactions one can make with the pets. Still, since I only have tried to play with my sim and the wild horse she tamed and her newly adopted kitten, I can't say much. But it's awsome that they have put so much effort into the animals and made the animations realistic.

The unicorn I saw in-game was cute, yet it is a bit strange since I keeps giving a blessing to my sim everytime they meet. >w<''
No deer so far... but tons of wild horses, and snakes, birds, turtles and raccons.

腐女子 です~
Advertisement
Test Subject
#177 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 1:43 PM Last edited by Honshu Wolf : 22nd Oct 2011 at 4:01 AM.
Some more pictures from my second playthrough, some bugs began to surface during that time. Is it only me or is the new Pets store just for show? Every time my sims went up to the counter to buy something, the action was automatically cancelled. What's going on? Also, it's been practically impossible to adopt pets from neighbours because they were never at their own houses and I really couldn't be bother to scan the whole town for them.

Pic 1: Holy crap! The only scary cat lady in town is the pet store clerk, how appropriate.

Pic 2: I love the snuggling interaction, 'nuff said.

Pic 3: I'm not an ornithologist or anything but do birds really sleep with both their eyes like that? Sure, birds sleep with one eye opening and half their brain active but not for EA birds since both eyes are wide open.

Pic 4: Brain-melting cuteness.

Pic 5: More puppies.

Pic 6: When the whole world lags, it's windmill-arm time.

Pic 7: I love cats, I really do, especially when they act as a personal alarm waking you up at any time to fix their meal or play with them.

The next pictures are not related to Pets but they happened in Appaloosa so what the heck, wouldn't hurt to add.

Pic 8: One HUGE reason why I absolutely hate the boob slider.

Pic 9: Uh, that's not how you pick locks.

Pic 10: Sims mentality...

Inexperienced Sims making baked alaskas = Molotov cocktails.
Scholar
#178 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 2:30 PM
My Sims can buy from the Clerk in the Pet store. Of course it's all stuff you can get in Buy Mode so the store is pretty much useless anyway.
Instructor
#179 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Scarity
WHy do horses walk so slow!! If I tell a horse to go somewhere it takes them all day because they walk. They only run if someone rides them and knows how to ride them. My horse can't get to the jump sticks to exercise because he takes all day to go there.

You have to level up you riding skill to unlock trot and gallop. I believe trot is after level two and so on. Once you learn to gallop you get where you want to go fairly quickly!
Lab Assistant
#180 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 6:12 PM
I wish you could enter more than 1 race a day with the horses. I'm sure someone will make a mod soon though.

“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
Instructor
#181 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 6:19 PM
Ok, some screenshots just explain themselves. His wife has been telling him he is hind-backwards for years, now it's official.

Field Researcher
#182 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cherry85
I wish you could enter more than 1 race a day with the horses. I'm sure someone will make a mod soon though.

You can. I've entered 2 or 3 in one day. I think there's just a specific time frame you can do them in. I went to the equestrian center at exactly 5 and was able to fit in a few. I'm not sure what time they stop though.
Lab Assistant
#183 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 6:33 PM
I enter the one at 5pm and when it finishes the option for entering is greyed out for me

“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
Inventor
#184 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 6:58 PM
I love how the cats are very low maintenance. I have five and all of them stay within the green on most everything they need and are still great friends with their owner, a crazy cat lady. They do what they want and need autonomously and I love watching them run around and play with the other cats. I was worried that, like sims, they would become so involved in hunting, scratching, playing, or shredding newspapers that they would go in the red on their basic needs. So far, I haven't seen a single one go into the red and I've been playing them for several sim days now without mods of any kind.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Instructor
#185 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cherry85
I enter the one at 5pm and when it finishes the option for entering is greyed out for me

I had my horse at the front doors at 5. He went in shortly thereafter and ran a beginner's race. He came out a couple of minutes after 7. He was able to turn right around and run one more, but when he came out just after 9 that was it for the day.

While he was in the race his wife saw her first ghost horse. Poor horsey.

Scholar
#186 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 8:11 PM
Now, the question is...can you have playable ghost horse babies?

Just saw something at the hospital in town. Anyone know what this "Get Plastic Surgery" option is? Did that come with an earlier exp and I missed it or something?
Sim Princess in Pink
#187 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 8:26 PM
First impressions... I LOVED it!

Things I love the most;
  • You can control anything the pet does.
  • Horses!
  • The pets are highly customizable.
  • There are rats, lizards and snakes!
  • There are loads of interactions, even where a pet can sit on the Sims lap.
  • You can customize each Sims and Pets free will level individually.

I really could go on, but these things stood out for me. I've been waiting for this game since TS3 came out, and it is totally different to TS2 version, so much better and more realistic in the amount you can do. The pets aren't annoying and feel more like members of the family rather then just wondering around getting in the way like they were in TS3.

BEST EP YET!

Please, Call Me Lou :D
Scholar
#188 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 9:01 PM
I keep getting notices about wildlife, raccoon/deer, but don't see any on the lot. What up with that? Are they supposed to be on the lot or just lurking around the town?
Scholar
#189 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 9:09 PM
Plastic Surgery came with Generations I believe.
Scholar
#190 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 9:21 PM
Camera, I don't think they're specifically on the lot, but from what I can tell you roll the wants when the sim observes them. I've walked past a raccoon on the street and had the sim roll a want to watch it.

I can't tell, can you actually adopt the wildlife beyond the terrarium minor pets? I keep seeing "pick up" show up on deer every once in a while but it's greyed out. Also I don't think my sim could carry them home...

And so far I've only gotten white unicorns. I want a black one, that's pretty impressive looking. D:

Quote: Originally posted by CinderEmma

Ahh, that explains it, I pretty much ignored all of Generations except the afterschool programs.
Field Researcher
#191 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 9:50 PM
I have got only black unicorns and I think white ones look impressive I want white and this time a stallion, please!

Is it just my game or is all black ones mares?
Scholar
#192 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gelis
I have got only black unicorns and I think white ones look impressive I want white and this time a stallion, please!

Has anyone seen other ones? I was hoping they came in all colors, like you'd find a paint unicorn. But I suppose you could breed for it.

The white ones are nice, they're actually sort of a light cream that ends up looking iridescent.
Lab Assistant
#193 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 10:52 PM
Not to be the biggest pain in the butt ever... but does someone mind taking screenshots of the new clothes/hairstyles? Or linking me to where there are screenshots. I would really appreciate it. =] I'm looking to get the game in the next week or so - depending on how crazy my schoolwork is.
Field Researcher
#194 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 11:08 PM

Did it? I thought it was new and came with Pets.
Scholar
#195 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 11:12 PM

No. It came with Pets. I know it seems out of place, but when the code was leaked to us way back when plastic surgery was in it and we all wondered what that meant. Later on I recall a SimGuru confirming plastic surgery for Pets on Twitter.

Okay here's my question: I haven't got around to playing the EP much. Are there unicorns without beards?

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Field Researcher
#196 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 11:24 PM
At least all black mares are beardless.
Field Researcher
#197 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gelis

the only unicorn i have have found is a black male. this was at the waterfall, so gooood luck
Retired
retired moderator
#198 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 11:27 PM
My Review of Appaloosa Plains by EA on Pasimfic Wiki.

Quote:
Appaloosa Plains is one of the most perfectly designed worlds for The Sims 3 to date. It has a specific theme - rural ranches - and it sticks to it. It has a simple charm, with an excellent economy of objects and colours. There are no excesses in Appaloosa's design, but you most likely won't feel it lacks anything either.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Scholar
#199 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
No. It came with Pets. I know it seems out of place, but when the code was leaked to us way back when plastic surgery was in it and we all wondered what that meant. Later on I recall a SimGuru confirming plastic surgery for Pets on Twitter.

Okay here's my question: I haven't got around to playing the EP much. Are there unicorns without beards?

You can remove it in the CAS. I forget the exact option to get to it in play, it might be under Edit Saddle.

I think it may be only male unicorns that have them but I have yet to find any unicorn mares in my game. But I do know I was able to remove the beard without needing to cheat to get to it.
Test Subject
#200 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 11:58 PM
First impressions, I love it. The animations when choosing traits are gorgeous, the horses are pretty, the Saint Bernard actually looks like a real life saint. (I have one and was disapointed with TS2's SB). I havn't had that much time to play it but first impressions so far are great

../The Most Beautiful Flowers in all the World, A Baby's Hands\..
Page 8 of 11