Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Nov 2013 at 9:41 PM
What means your username?
So..What it does mean? {Modthesims account name}
•My username: I've been known as a 'little demon',so instead of "m" i put "v"..And what i got is Devon.Added 99 too.Idk why. xd [i know that it is a stupid nick].
What about you?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 21st Nov 2013 at 9:49 PM
Hugbug was my nickname in kindergarten. Back when the boys still recoiled from female contact, I used to hug them to horrify them. It was much more effective and satisfying than hitting them, because I didn't get in trouble for it. And I'm too lazy/too used to it to think of something more clever. I don't know, maybe something like Bookwyrm would be better, but I kind of prefer the one I've been using for this long.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 21st Nov 2013 at 9:56 PM
My user name came about just after I had my daughter. I was trying to sign up to a couple of parenting boards but my old user name which was coffee4u kept being taken, so I looked at her playing on the floor next to me and in desperation I decided I would blend our names (mine and my daughters names) together. Jo and Sarah to be joandsarah. The first site didn't require any numbers but the other site did, so I added 77 which was at that time the number of our house. It's kind of a boring user name but I have never had it taken anywhere lol.

The weird thing is I have often had people call me Joan. Can't they see the Sarah part? Even when I put Jo into my siggy I have still had that happen. Jo is short for Joanne not Joan!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#4 Old 21st Nov 2013 at 10:38 PM
A long ass time ago I saw someone on myspace with the username "Pandokomando" I liked, but it was obviously taken already. I one day decided I liked the name Frank and I put two and two together and now a lot of my user names are Frankokomando.
Instructor
#5 Old 21st Nov 2013 at 10:45 PM
It's from a bad webcomic. One of the characters called herself a "Legislacerator" instead of a "Legislator" and I thought it sounded cool despite its dumb source material.
These days I just shorten it to "Lace" since it's obviously much faster to type. And sounds less terrible.

my tumblr - sim pics and downloads
my dreamwidth - ts2 downloads
linkdecrypter - bypass adfly and other harmful pay per click download link hiders
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st Nov 2013 at 10:51 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 7th Aug 2015 at 3:47 AM.
I signed up a long time ago, and was not very creative in the choice. "Simmer" is obvious, and 22 is my favorite number (well, 2, but 22 is "2" two times, so it's kinda double up). When I wanted to change it, my usual username, Theraven, was taken.

Theraven comes part from Ravenclaw (HP), plus a bit from Norse mythology (Odin's ravens), and it's spelled as "The raven" put together into one word. It's not from the dark associations with the bird, but with the nicer ones (although readers of certain of my stories might disagree with that...). Can be said either as "the raven" or "thera-ven", or even just as "Raven", either way is fine by me. I just hate when people write "the raven" (not sure why), or manage to misspell it as "therven" or some such. It's either "Theraven" (without any extra capital letters) or "Raven".

Kinda like... you know, "My name is Raven. The raven."
Scholar
#7 Old 21st Nov 2013 at 10:57 PM
"haricots" in French means "peanuts". I love peanuts. So...well...yeah...

Hey there! :)
Field Researcher
#8 Old 21st Nov 2013 at 11:56 PM
My username was different from this one before. It was my real name so I decided to change it because I love .. insects. lol That's true, and my one of my favorite is dragonflies but I find it too simple and so I try to put something after it and I don't even know why I decided to put "sparkles". Sometimes it make me feel like a pretentious spoiled 12 years old.
Inventor
#9 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 12:10 AM
Well, funny you should ask that!
Back in the forsaken land of 2012, when my Warriors fanfic (not the creepy kind) was just starting to get some attention from me to make it an actual thing, I realized I needed a protagonist. I ended up with 5- Sandpaw, Shadowpaw, Icepaw, Redpaw, and Soulpaw. Soulfire is Soulpaw's medicine cat name (even though she only becomes a medicine cat in the second "book") so yeah. Also, soulfire was taken so I added some random numbers.

I'm not gonna directly self-plug, but if anyone is interested, the fanfics in question are called BrambleClan Story and BrambleClan Story: Book 2 and both are hosted on fanfiction.net.
Scholar
#10 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 12:11 AM
It seemed like a good idea when I was 14 or so, way back then. Now it makes me sound like a sci-fi furry or something and I spend my days searching for a "Change your username" button. I haven't remembered the actual reasoning behind the name for quite some time.
Scholar
#11 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 1:06 AM
Mine? It evolved over the course of about 10 years, give or take.

As a young child I couldn't say my name (Hazel) properly - it came out as "Wizzle". However, when I made one of my email accounts (at Sixth Form) I didn't want to use my real name, so altered the "Wizzle" to "Weasel". However, when using forums I didn't like just "Weasel", so became "Weaselly" thanks to the memory of one of my school friends jokingly sticking a "y" on my name (and not due to the Harry Potter series, I'd not even heard of it at the time!). This eventually got shortened to "Selly".

I've been using it ever since. The numbers simply signify the year I joined. Hence my putting that line in my sig - ignore the numbers when talking to me guys, I answer to the first five letters!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by haricots

Funny, every time I see your name I think "haricot vert" - green bean (same as string bean)

And my name? Because I AM, and was shocked and horrified when my grandchildren started calling me "Gramma".

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Instructor
#13 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 1:35 AM Last edited by Ladyhawke976 : 22nd Nov 2013 at 8:26 PM.
Ladyhawke. It's one of my favorite movies of all time and since it is pretty much taken everywhere in its basic form, I had to add my birth month and year to the end.

Site Helper
#14 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 1:45 AM
My username occurred because I looked up and saw my Gateway cow (named Mootilda by Gateway) on top of my computer. I had no idea that I would eventually upload things, or even post on this website. I just needed a unique name and that was unique. Good thing that I didn't see Aloysius Platipumpkin the third.

I've considered changing it, but there are now so many references that it probably wouldn't be a good idea. So, I changed my avatar to a cow instead.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 2:13 AM
My original username was off a cartoon I sued to watch, which I can't quite remember the name of
And my new username is from the Australian drama Prisoner

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Theorist
#16 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 3:03 AM
Mister Mook. I'm a mister, and mook is one of those wonderful vague slang terms - it can mean an asshole or idiot, or it's also a word for the hordes of cookie cutter enemies in games. It's used ironically, ymmv.
Instructor
#17 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 3:54 AM
I have the gift of calming Sims down, by giving into their wants!

Actually, I had another name on the Sims 2 site...not a name really. I just came to believe Every username I could think of was taken! So to prove my point I think I put some letters together, jsuah, I believe, and damn it all it took! So, I hated it and before the site cracked down on multiple accounts, I was able to change my username to The SimWhisperer, shocked that no one had thought of it already, I felt a little unique!

So my quote was "Calming Sims since 2002." I came over here and again the name was not taken- also easier to keep usernames straight! So, if my username is now out there, I am the original! However, The 'The' part of my name I don't need to be addressed by formally in posts, SimWhisperer is fine! Unless I'm needed by Sims 4 Sims whom need some calming words to what EA is doing to them!

Now, I haven't been on here for a couple of weeks, so I don't know how things are going for our dear Sims 4 Sims, aside from becoming more emotional!
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 6:15 AM
Simabalena because I'm a simming princess!

On every other forum my username is masculine and I let people think I'm male so to mix it up I went all out girly on this site.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#19 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 9:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by haricots

Haricots means bean - we've had this conversation before, the last time this thread appeared on the board. Sorry Bean.

My name is based on how you pronounce my surname (though not how you spell it).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#20 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 10:21 AM
Mine is my 2 college nicknames put together, everyone used to call me 'Dizzy', because I am the typical 'dizzy blonde', except I'm a brunette! Then one of my friends started calling me 'Noodles' because of my curly hair.

I wanted to be 'Dizzy' on the internet, but it's often taken, so I came up with Dizzy-noodles. It's my name on most websites I use.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 10:54 AM
My real name's Aileen. I had Ai-Ai as a nickname when I was a kid.
Mathematically, my nick goes like this:

aisquared

Lol..I know I suck at math..If there's something wrong with my equation, go ahead, object.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aisquared
If there's something wrong with my equation, go ahead, object.

Since you insist...

If a and i are separate terms, then multiplying ai by ai would result in a^2 + i^2 + 2ai. You have to multiply both terms by both terms, not just the same terms.
If ai is a single term - which I assume it is - then it wouldn't result in a^2i^2, it would just be ai x ai = ai^2. You were close, just overcomplicated it.

Sorry, but polynomials are my favorite type of algebraic problem.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 6:23 PM
Well, actually I would have chosen a different username, my name that I use for almost any site like this, Seres69 or any number but if Seres is there, you can be pretty sure it´s me. But it wouldn´t let me pick this here, I went with the one I have. The backstory behind the "Seres" part is atleast 5 years ago, where I had to choose a name for a random flash game I played. I just mashed keys and "seres" came out, took a liking for that name and so it continued on. This name... Hmm, I don´t know, I just came up with that, then again I´m somebody who mods almost ANY singleplayer game. So you could say my name means I´m a heavy modder.
Test Subject
#24 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 6:29 PM
Combined my name (Edward, but I go by basically every variation of Edward there is) with the last name of my favourite game character, Tommy Vercetti. Nothing too deep or original I think!
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 7:23 PM
Artimis is the goddess of the hunt in Greek mythology, she was woman with strong will and I admire the way she would not let any man rule over he or have her. She is my favourite goddess in Greek mythology and also her chariot if I remember right was pulled by cats, my favourite animal.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Page 1 of 7