Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 6:14 PM
Default How do we add a custom thumbnail to a new custom object? Or can we?
Hi all, just a quick question. I've searched around and can't seem to find instructions or a tutorial on how to add a custom thumbnail to a new object. In my case, it's to do with cars. The game generates a new thumbnail itself which is usually fine, but the 'car' I'm currently working on is a spaceship that hovers up in the air (a TS2 conversion of my Little Retro Rocket Ship uploaded here for TS3) and the game only generates a thumbnail of a default groundshadow.

I don't think I've ever seen a TS2 object with a custom thumbnail (although I've seen many CAS items with custom thumbnails, have made a few myself), so is this something that can't be done with objects?
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 7:02 PM
It can be done. MogHughson tells us how. Personally, I've never tried it but it can be done.

You've tried deleting the reference to the thumbnail in the CRES? That sometimes fixes the thumbnail. It doesn't always work- I think it has something to do with the height of an object (how far up in the air it is).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 7:36 PM
Oooh, thanks for that link! Looks like a long-winded and complicated process, but will read and try it out!

Haven't tried deleting the reference to the thumbnail in CRES (didn't even know there was one, or how to delete it, am a newbie at TS2 creating), but if that has the same effect as Control-rightclicking the thumbnail in-game to regenerate it, that didn't make a difference. I'll try out the Mog Hughson tutorial, thanks again!