Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 1:32 PM
Default movies that make you cry...
same topic only with movies now. i'll tell you the only movie that made me cry was "Ghost" with the late Patrick Swayze. do you guys have any movies that make you guys cry?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 2:21 PM Last edited by Rabid : 11th Aug 2010 at 4:37 PM.
I cry about 80% of the movies I see, embarrassingly enough. Sometimes even comedies and Disney movies. Let me list my greatest hits (beware of spoilers):

Mulan (when all of China bows to Mulan and when her father says the greatest honor is having her for a daughter)
The Little Mermaid (when Triton gives Ariel away at her wedding)
The Duchess (when she has to give her baby away)
The Young Victoria (when Victoria moves Albert's desk into her office)
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (pretty much intermittently throughout the entire thing)
500 Days of Summer (when Tom says "I really hope you're happy, Summer")
Bright Star (when Keats dies and Fanny recites Bright Star)
Atonement (the ending scene and Robbie's letter about how the story can resume)
Wall-E (when Eve wakes Wall-E up)
Up (off and on through the entire thing, especially when the house ends up right where Ellie always wanted it to be)
Lord of the Rings (each movie in the trilogy, the ending gets to me)
The Fountain (the ending and when Izzie dies)
Hercules (when Hercules decides to go with Meg instead of becoming a god)
Memoirs of a Geisha (when The Chairman and Sayuri finally kiss)
Titanic (come on, who didn't cry at the ending? It's the standard by which all crying is measured.)
Where the Wild Things Are (when Max leaves the wild things and his mom saved dinner for him)

There are many others, but I won't take the time to write them all out. Toy Story 3 is the king of them all, however; I've never been so totally emotionally wrecked when walking out of a movie theater as I was when I saw that. The friend I was with told me to stop crying because I was embarrassing her . I get choked up just thinking about it. Pixar really has a knack for making adults cry, it seems.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Scholar
#3 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 2:37 PM
^ Adrienne, I'd warn for spoilers since I think some people here haven't seen all of those movies :p

cherrycherrycherryboomboom.

Dreamwidth
Theorist
#4 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 3:08 PM
I cry at a lot of movies the first time I see them if somebody dies in them or there's some massively sentimental ending revolving around families or animals or something like that, although thankfully romances don't get me so much.

I cry every time I see 'My Girl', if you've seen it then it'll be pretty obvious which part.
This is very embarrassing, but I sobbed when I saw 'Elizabethtown' and sadly there was no hiding it as I was in my friend's bedroom. It was the part when he took his father's ashes on the road trip. My friend still brings it up to this day to embarrass me.

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Rubric Wrangler
#5 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 3:29 PM
Um, not too many.

Toy Story 3 - vaguely teary-eyed towards the end
Up - definite tears in the opening montage
Wall-E - I seem to recall being teary when they showed him all alone in that godforsaken trash heap
The Lion King - I bawled when Mufasa died, but I was seven years old
Music of the Heart - Very strange. I didn't cry at all when various tragic things happened, but I wept with joy when Isaac Stern described Tchaikovsky playing the opening concert at Carnegie Hall, very moving for me

Hmm, that's all I can really think of. I don't tend to cry during movies.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 3:55 PM
I have a few

In His Life: A John Lennon Story - it's not a mind blowing movie, but it's still one of my favourites. I just couldn't hold those tears back.
The Mothman Prophecies - I cried because it creeped me out. It was pathetic.
A Boat That Rocked - I cried through the last half an hour, because it was so bittersweet and amazing.
Heima - Iceland is just so damn beautiful.
Inglourious Basterds - the scene at the beginning just killed me.

That is all, I think.

Don't you wanna fly so high above the clouds and trees,
Learn a thing from birds and bees ,
See the morning rise over the ocean up ahead?

tumblr|lastfm
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 4:22 PM
Toy Story 3- When they thought they were going to die, I got teary eyed.
Up- when Carl looks through him and his wife's life together.
The Boy in The Striped Pajamas- the ending was a killer.

You know that place between sleep and awake? The place where you can still remember dreaming? That’s where I’ll always love you. That’s where I’ll be waiting.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 4:25 PM
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (when Sirius dies)
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (when Hermione starts crying after seeing Ron and Lavender kissing, then when Dumbledore dies)
Titanic (at the end)

I think that's it.

Happiness is anyone and anything that's loved by you.

My name is Jessica, but I answer to Jessie, Jess, Candiiee, Candy and Cand. :P
Mad Poster
#9 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Calline
^ Adrienne, I'd warn for spoilers since I think some people here haven't seen all of those movies :p

Good idea, Calline. Done and done .

Test Subject
#10 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 6:30 PM
The whole second half of Marley and Me, (like not just a couple of tears, I was really crying!)
At some moments in The Sixth Sense, when I recognize myself...
And in Up when Carl gets tears in his eyes

Can't remember anything more than that
Theorist
#11 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 7:40 PM
WARNING: SPOILERS.

I cry at only two films.
Toy Story 3 and A Little Princess.

A Little Princess:
At the end when the woman thinks she's a thief and she has to climb to the other building and then her dad's in there and he doesn't recognise her. That makes me cry EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Toy Story 3:
When Andy gives all his toys away to Bonny. I grew up with these films! Andy, I pretty much grew up with you! I really connect with him as a character, probably because we're so similar toy-wise. I keep mine and say "they're just junk, no-one will want them" when I secretly do love them and want to play with them again. They were my best friends after all. Someone you took everywhere, kept in bed whilst you slept and could tell all your secrets to. All that emotion inside Andy... It wasn't obvious, but I was in tears! I couldn't stop crying. AND WHEN HE GAVE WOODY AWAY, OMG! The tears just fell even heavier! I could tell his heart was breaking and it really got to me.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 9:26 PM
Where the red fern grows
Old Yeller
I cry everytime when I see those.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zinthos
Toy Story 3:
When Andy gives all his toys away to Bonny. I grew up with these films! Andy, I pretty much grew up with you! I really connect with him as a character, probably because we're so similar toy-wise. I keep mine and say "they're just junk, no-one will want them" when I secretly do love them and want to play with them again. They were my best friends after all. Someone you took everywhere, kept in bed whilst you slept and could tell all your secrets to. All that emotion inside Andy... It wasn't obvious, but I was in tears! I couldn't stop crying. AND WHEN HE GAVE WOODY AWAY, OMG! The tears just fell even heavier! I could tell his heart was breaking and it really got to me.

SPOILERS (though really, if you haven't seen Toy Story 3, what's wrong with you :P?):

It was so emotionally striking to me because, throughout the movie, the toys wanted nothing more than for Andy to play with them one last time and he finally did. The ending proved that, for a toy, the right path isn't standing by your owner all his life and rotting in the attic when he grows out of you, but rather about making him as happy as you can for as long as you can- when you've done your job, all you can do is let go. All the toys want is to be played with, to make a kid happy, and it's the most unselfish thing in the world.

I loved it when Andy told Bonnie that Woody would be unfailingly faithful; it was so pulchritudinous because Andy didn't even know the half of the things that Woody did to be faithful to him. And when Woody said "so long, pardner" and the clouds in the sky resembled Andy's bedroom wallpaper? So beautiful.

Theorist
#14 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rabid
SPOILERS (though really, if you haven't seen Toy Story 3, what's wrong with you :P?):

It was so emotionally striking to me because, throughout the movie, the toys wanted nothing more than for Andy to play with them one last time and he finally did. The ending proved that, for a toy, the right path isn't standing by your owner all his life and rotting in the attic when he grows out of you, but rather about making him as happy as you can for as long as you can- when you've done your job, all you can do is let go. All the toys want is to be played with, to make a kid happy, and it's the most unselfish thing in the world.

I loved it when Andy told Bonnie that Woody would be unfailingly faithful; it was so pulchritudinous because Andy didn't even know the half of the things that Woody did to be faithful to him. And when Woody said "so long, pardner" and the clouds in the sky resembled Andy's bedroom wallpaper? So beautiful.

It was a sweet ending, but my ideal one was Andy takes all the toys to college and the final scene is them all skipping in a circle in the middle of campus singing "YOU GOT A FRIEND IN MEEEEE!"

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 12:12 AM
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire I bawl like a baby when Cedric dies, even though it isn't that sad.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Sirius ;__;
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince Dumbledore D':
Bright Star I cried on about 3 different occasions in that movie. So sad!
Marley and Me So many tears for Marley
Up ;__________;
Theorist
#16 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 12:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zinthos

A Little Princess:
At the end when the woman thinks she's a thief and she has to climb to the other building and then her dad's in there and he doesn't recognise her. That makes me cry EVERY SINGLE TIME.

YES.

And the 'Secret Garden', when she cries at the end. And 'Matilda', at numerous times during the movie. Children's movies are the worst for making me cry.

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Test Subject
#17 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 11:23 PM
I would have to say "Pearl Harbor" and "Titanic"...very sentimental....and really touched my heart...

Miz Honey Do
Field Researcher
#18 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 12:44 PM
Titanic, every time.

"If the human brain was simple enough to understand, we'd be too simple to understand it."

"Some things I cannot change, but till I try I'll never know."
Scholar
#19 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 12:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PixCii
Marley and Me So many tears for Marley

^^^this
Mad Poster
#20 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 2:48 PM
Titanic. >.< It's so hard not to cry. :[
Oh, and Species for some odd reason. NUUUU Why did you have to kill the child T_T

Oh, hi, how are you holding up?
Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Mad Poster
#21 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 3:28 PM
Firstly I feel it's really important that I state: I am not a cryer. I really don't cry that often at all, and when I do it's normally about real life things rather than movies. However, there have been a few which set me off:

- The Notebook. I absolutely howled at the end of this, thank god I was on my own!
- Click. Weird one, right? A surpringly emotional film.
- Titanic. I didn't actually cry at this for aaages - and I never cried when Jack died - it's when all the other passengers are dying because you know that really happened, and it's just horribly, horribly sad, especially when you know that most of those people would have survived had certain people done their jobs properly.

- Stand By Me. Brilliant film with some definite tearjerker moments. When River Phoenix's character is explaining about the milk money that everyone thought he stole. I think that struck a cord with me because in the film everyone thinks he's this bad kid, but he isn't, and it sort of reminded me of what people were like with my brother.

I can also agree with the sadness in Toy Story 3. I didn't cry, but I was close.

Oh, BewitchedPrue, I love The Secret Garden! It's so heartwarming!
Theorist
#22 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BewitchedPrue
YES.

And the 'Secret Garden', when she cries at the end. And 'Matilda', at numerous times during the movie. Children's movies are the worst for making me cry.

I have The Secret Garden and Matilda on VHS, but I've never cried at either of them. :L

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 2:45 AM
----------- Mild Spoiler Alert -------------

Pay It Forward always gets a tear out of me, and so does Nights in Rodanthe. I can't bare watching kids get killed in movies though, I only saw Pay It Forward once and refuse to ever watch it again, not that it was a bad movie, it was pretty good, just too tragic .

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .