Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2009 at 11:17 PM Last edited by justJones : 6th Feb 2014 at 10:49 PM.
Default Sextuplets: Deadbeat Parents TS3 Edition
Okay, so basically I took a challenge from the Sims 2 challenges thread and decided to try it out on The Sims 3. The original creator of this challenge is Skuld Lunrix, not me. The rules are located at the link below.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=335008

Some changes to the original rules are necessary to implement it into TS3. First, you obviously cannot move out the original adult parent. What I did is I hit "Ctrl+Shift+C" and entered the cheat "testingcheatsenabled true", without the quotes.

While your game is on play (not pause) shift, click, and hold on the hunger need bar on the parent sim and drag it all the way down to the left. This should kill off the parent and leave your teen sim with the sextuplets. Yes, this will result in a bad mood for your teen for a couple days. Moodlet mods are not allowed, as this gives some people an advantage.

Homework mods that make your sims do homework faster are allowed. I recommend this one (you may choose whichever you like; your sim probably won't want to do homework at home anyway. I myself have the 15 min one because I had it in TS2)

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=351288

Your goal is to get and stay on the honor roll while raising six kids, as well as teach them everything they need to know before aging up (you may age them up as soon as they learn the skills if they learn them before it's time to age up).

You may pick the traits for all of them, including the teen. That's all I can really think of for now, but do ask questions if there's anything you need cleared up!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 5:22 AM
I'm not sure I followed the rules exactly, but I think I came pretty close. So, being a huge fan of the show 'Jon & Kate Plus 8', I fittingly named my brood after the world's most famous sextuplets!

(yes, I'm aware there's only five there. One of the boys must have went crawl-abouts.)

Leah, Aaden, Joel, Collin, Hannah and Alexis all live in a small house with their teenage sister Madelyn-Cara, or MC, as most call her. After the tragic death of their mother by a random act of electrocution, MC was forced to look after all six of her infant siblings. It wasn't easy.

Although MC tried her best, she could never concentrate at school, and her homework never got finished. Some nights, she'd hit the pillow at 3am, and she knew that she couldn't go in to school at all. On the good days, though, she was more than willing to attend class just to have a break from her siblings and hand the responsibility over to someone else.

It was only a short-lived break though, as when she'd get home, she had more work ahead of her than ever. Gradually, there were more good days than bad as the children became used to MC looking after them instead of their mother, and they go into some routine. It wasn't enough to help poor MC's grades, though. Still, with a house full of love and cribs, who can focus on little things like that?

On one of the best days since their mother's demise, MC found time to teach Collin how to walk, and Aaden how to use the potty.

Sadly, the rest of the youngsters had to teach themselves as MC drowned in late-night feeds, dirty diapers and meetings with her principal. On top of all that, in a moment of distraction, MC accidently left her mac and cheese on the stove too long. Before she knew it, the whole countertop was ablaze. Exhausted, embarrassed and overwhelmed, MC could do little more than watch on helplessly as the firefighter did his best to stop the items burning.

After it was finally extinguished, MC wirily put all the kids to bed, before collapsing into hers and crying herself to sleep, wishing she could just be a normal teenage girl. She knew they didn't have the money to replace the now-charred oven and countertops.

The months slipped slowly past, the stress not easing at all. There was nobody more thrilled than MC when the sextuplet's birthdays rolled around. They couldn't afford a party, or even a cake, but MC cheered and sung and made each one feel as special as she could.

Aaden:

Alexis:

Collin:

Hannah:

Joel:

Leah:

After selling all the cribs and the toddler toys, MC only had enough money for six of the cheapest beds the store had. She knew they'd be uncomfortable, and wished she could have done better, but she knew there wasn't any way. However, the kids didn't seem to mind as they crawled into their "big kid" beds that night.

Now that the kids were able to look after themselves some more, MC was determined to do better in school. No more skipping. She also did all of her homework. No amount of catch-up seemed to satisfy her angry teachers though, and her grades only lifted slightly. To keep her mind off all that, she decided to start collecting rocks and picking fruit around town to make a bit of extra money. She knew they wouldn't be able to survive much longer without any income at all.

After school every day she'd ride her bike from one end of town to the other in search of anything that looked valuable. She'd go home to meet the kids as they got off the bus, and cook their dinner.

Once they were all tucked up in bed, she'd sneak quietly out again and continue the search. It was only a matter of time, though, before the hardass cop next door found out about her disregard for the town's laws on curfew.

Too exhausted to fight, MC went quietly home and straight to bed. This happened every day for six months, until MC finally had enough money to replace the charred objects. After two years, they finally had an oven again!

Things couldn't go so smoothly forever, as MC found out through bleary eyes early one morning. There was a burglar in her house! Frantic, she blinding punched in the number for the policeman next door, who burst in and fought the intruder.

Shooing the distressed brood outside while this was happening, MC didn't know who was winning or what was happening. After five minutes, an embarassed Officer approached her. "Sorry, darl, he was too strong for me. Really sorry," he said before disappearing into his own house. MC knew deep down that he probably would have fought harder if he hadn't dragged her home in a Police car dozens of times. The robber had taken a few of the kids toys, which they were upset about. MC tried to comfort them, but she knew she didn't have the money to replace what had been taken - she'd already used most of her hard-earned money on the oven. The kids slowly forgot about it, though, as the days slipped slowly by.

Despite their harsh upbringing, the children were good students. Most days after school, they'd sit down together and do all their homework without MC even asking.

This made her feel good inside, like maybe she hadn't ruined their lives forever.

Before anyone realized it, it was MC's 21st birthday. Overwhelmed that she'd managed to get through her whole teenagehood without a single date, or anything else remotely "normal", she made a wish that the children could enjoy the normality that she never got.

Without school to worry about, MC decided to start looking for a real job. With such horrendous grades, the only person willing to help her out was a shadowy figure named Mister Evaal. MC accepted without thinking - she needed money. It was only later on that she fully understood her job requirements, which asked her to break the law on a constant basis. Despite her reservations, she turned out to be quite good at her job, until a moment of carelessness caused the cop next door to throw her in jail for the night.

Embarassed but undeterred, she kept working hard at her job, and before long, they were able to afford more things. One Friday night, all of them even took a trip to the theatre together to watch a movie, something that would have been impossible just a few short years ago.

Before too long, it was the sextuplets birthday's. With more money and at the thought of more freedom for everyone, it was a very special day.

Aaden:

Alexis:

Collin:

Hannah:

Joel:

Leah:

They were all doing well in school, and each had their own hobbies outside of school.

Hannah and Leah both enjoyed painting:

Collin found himself to be quite natural at sports:

While Aaden enjoyed more solitary pursuits:

With teenagehood came the opportunity for them all to get jobs, and MC put her foot down. "You all have to get jobs. I don't care where or how, but now you're all old enough, I expect you to be helping out with the income". None of them argued, and in fact, we quite pleased to be able to help their tireless sister out, as well as find their own career paths and friends away from each other.

With the sudden rush of income, the cheap beds the teens had become used to since childhood were able to be replaced with much nicer ones.

Life went on, finally with some kind of light at the end of the tunnel for them all. The house was still small though, and it was hard to escape each other for even a moment apart from at their jobs.

After many years slipped by, it was finally the sextuplets' 21st birthdays.

Aaden:

Alexis:

Collin:

Hannah:

Joel:

Leah:

They all went their seperate ways but kept in close contact and met up once a week at the theatre to watch a movie together, just to remind them how special that was once, and how grateful they should be for all they had now.

"It's sticks and stones and broken homes, that taught us how to smile." - The Bens
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 5:49 AM
that was a great story Haylz! sad but it was like those movies where they grow up in a harsh environment. Can we get a picture of MC as an adult
Forum Resident
#4 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 6:22 AM
MC as an adult:

"It's sticks and stones and broken homes, that taught us how to smile." - The Bens
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 3:02 AM Last edited by lecielnousaide : 26th Sep 2009 at 7:10 PM.
awesome story I love it! I forgot to take pics of mine as they grew up -.-. My family is Gerard Way from My Chemical Romance as the parent, Bandit Way as the teenager, and the sextuplets are Corey, Delilah, Elli, Freddie, Gino, and Harry. My back story was that Gerard had Bandit with Lyn-Z from Mindless Self Indulgence (like real life) and they divorced. Gerard had an affair which ended in sextuplets, and the mother disappeared shortly after they were born. Gerard's life had gone down the tubes, so he killed himself, leaving Bandit with the six toddlers.

I remember she couldn't hold down a job when they were toddlers, and she did horribly in school until they became kids. They're all grown up now...Bandit married Mortimer Goth and they have six kids...their first daughter, Jayden (she looks like Cornelia Goth), teenage twins named Salem and Adix (they both look a lot like Gerard), child twins named Fyre and Gerard, and their youngest daughter who is still a baby named Eclipse. I'll post pics soon =]

I'm trying to remember who got married from the sextuplets as well...I believe Elli married Michael Bachelor and Corey married Kelly George but they divorced.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 4:53 AM
What a cool challenge!! And lovely story haylz320. It's so inspiring! ^_^
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 1:23 AM
Oh, this is sad, no one is paying attention to this challenge and it's so moving! I'll be trying it as soon as I finish the other one (my prossie-sim still needs guiding. :D)

Love, Rosalina
I am new, but so were you once. Be nice. Don't be an elitist. Kthxbai? :D
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 4:53 AM
I'm so off to do this now!!! Im playing about 50 games ATM but i dont CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CANT WAIT!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 3:24 AM
I'll have pics shortly of my starting family (minus the mom, April). The teen's name is Carlie, and there are four girls and two boys in the sextuplet brood... Ariana, Lily, Gabrielle, and Claudia are the girls, and Louis and Harry are the guys. Humongous cookie for anyone who can tell me what two books I referenced with the names of the sextuplets here... :D

Love, Rosalina
I am new, but so were you once. Be nice. Don't be an elitist. Kthxbai? :D
Field Researcher
#10 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 10:11 PM
Love this challenge.. I think I'll do it.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 6:05 PM
Fun challenge. My pictures are fail, but I loved it. Now I need to find another interesting challenge.
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 11:34 AM
hah...this challenge is perfect for me, my family just began to get boring!

My active couple popped out a girl last night, when she reaches teenhood i will get 6 Babies with Twallans Supercomputer and let the parents move out.
The best is: I will make 4 girls and two boys, then i can go straight to the 4 sister challenge once they grew up....YAY! :lovestruc

I have an aging mod in (shortens days beeing toddler, child and teen and elder) and think will take it out. Otherwise i will have hell on earth to teach 6 toddlers in 3 days what they need to kow...

Thanks for this great idea!
Test Subject
#13 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 5:39 PM
I took pictures of every lifestage but I cant figure out how to upload them, can someone tell me?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AmyJS
I took pictures of every lifestage but I cant figure out how to upload them, can someone tell me?

Upload on tinypic and a code should come up. its the second one titled IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards. hope that helps
Test Subject
#15 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 5:51 AM
I'm gonna try this, maybe
Test Subject
#16 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 6:05 AM
I'm going to try this. Hopefully it turns out well.

"A little consideration -- a little thought for others -- makes all the difference."
- Eeyore

Animal Lover | Family Oriented | Loner | Socially Awkward | Unstable
Test Subject
#17 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 6:52 AM
Default My story
I have started the challange as well! Sorry i didn't take any pictures, i tried but i was so busy with all the toddlers and children that i didn't have time!
The Teenage girl was called Jenny Humfry (no not the one from gossip girl, i spelt the last name differently on purpose), the toddlers are called: Jack, Oliver, Luca, Emily, Lucy and Rachel.
I was really proud of Jenny because she didn't miss one day of school! She mostly used school to sleep and catch up on homework anyways, but it was good to have some time without her siblings. The Babysitter helped as well, sometimes Jenny would call him and they would take care of the kids together, he didn't do much but still he helped at night so Jenny could get a few hours sleep. Jenny was failing school really badly, and some days she didn't even attempt her homework. She had detentions regularly and her mood was really low. If her day was good she could go to bed at 7.30 to wake up at 12.00 to take care of the kids again and attempt another few hours sleep before school.

Now the toddlers grew up into kids, it is a lot easier but it is hard with only one bathroom. Jenny tries to do her homework everyday but because she is so stressed it is very hard for her to concentrate. For the sixtuplets, they all finish their homework, if they don't have time to finish it by themselves they copy off their siblings. The problem is because they had such a hard time growing up, they got very bad traits such as, mean spirited, insane, inapropriate. The other three were a little bit more lucky and got, heavy sleeper, light sleeper and mooch.

I wonder what Jenny is going to turn out to be. Our Family funds and $0 (literally, i couldn't believe it!). Because we have a pond in the garden, i will try to make everyone fish so they can sell some fish and get some money.
Test Subject
#18 Old 9th Apr 2010 at 7:02 AM
This sounds amazingly fun. One question though, does the life span have to be on normal? I'm kinda worried about the kids growing up and getting bad traits because I couldn't find time to teach them stuff. At first I thought I could switch the aging off for a couple of weeks, but I don't know if that's allowed either...
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 11:06 PM
Nice story and pictures!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 3:47 AM
From what I remember from the one other challenge I've played (Apocalypse!) if you wish to play on "long" instead of "normal" you just divide any points you earn in half. That is, if you keep score. Sometimes it's fun to play the challenge just to get a good story out of it.
Test Subject
#21 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 5:13 AM
The kids grow up poorly and end up Evil and Insane? TOUGH NUGGETS! That's the whole idea of the challenge, you can't stop it!!! HA HA HA!!!

Sorry for my behavior, but that's the spirit of the challenge - you have to try to get all six toddlers to learn their life skills(walk, talk, and potty) before they grow up, which is IMPOSSIBLE without sacrificing school performance due to bad mood and no time for homework. It takes a long time to teach talking and walking, and potty-training... let's not go there, seriously. The one thing I had issues with in Sims 3 is that you can no longer just slide the bladder bar of the tots constantly to keep them on the potty, they'll get off when the task bar is done, like it or not. (Of course, I had a mod in Sims 2 to keep tots peeing in the pot indefinitely...) So you'll have to do potty-training four times at least(Family-Oriented potty trainer) until they get potty-trained, and most Simmers just screw it and forget the training, changing their diapers instead(which is easier since Sims 3 has no smelly diapers lying about) but if you don't potty train them as well, they decide their own trait(not usually a bad trait, but you don't get to choose it) - you have to have ALL three skills learned to allow you that luxury.

Which is impossible for this challenge as the 'parent' is in school and has to either drop out of school(never go and fail school) or never teach the kids their life skills(which leads to them growing up horribly and becoming evil, insane, and mean-spirited, etc.); it may be possible to balance school, social life, and parenting, but not with six toddlers! *shrug*

If you are worried about the kids growing up with horrible evil traits, this challenge isn't for you - because even if the toddlers grow up good and you can get their traits, their PARENT(the teen) will grow up poorly due to failing school. It's one or the other unless you are an expert in Sims 3 parenting and making money in a family there. This is just my opinion, though, and is open for debate. (I feel for you; I suck at letting moods decay and use MaxMotives to keep them high.)

"Seriously... what the he**? I'm not going to dig graves for all of you. Okay, now what will I do with all of these corpses? Oh, there's a fire and I've fallen into a hole. Not my problem anymore!" (From MaskedHuzzah's Dragon Warrior III Let's Play)
Test Subject
#22 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 6:09 AM
if you fail at life and aren't able to choose your own trait for the next age, it's not necessarily a bad one. It's simply randomized by the game - so evil, mean-spirited, insane (which is totally *not* bad), etc are not for certain. I've had the game choose some pretty fun traits actually, as well as helpful skill-building ones.
Test Subject
#23 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 2:31 AM
Would it be okay to use NRass's online school option? I think the teen will still be miserable enough to keep the spirit of the challenge.
Test Subject
#24 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 8:50 PM
This sounds AWESOME.
I'll be starting immediately.
Test Subject
#25 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 11:25 PM
So, right now I'm on day two of the challenge, and I've got a very competent babysitter in the house right now, four babies potty trained, and several babies already maxed out on one of their skills. I put potty training first and foremost, and I know from previous experience with six kids (Two sets of triplets say WHAT NOW. Although I did have two parents there...) I know that you can potty train the babies without them actually needing to 'go', per se. If it helps anyone.
So guess what my teen sim spent her Sunday doing!!! :D

Here's the family... ( WARNING : Massive image-dump in here.)

Here's the furnished house! You'll see Isabeth back there in her starvation corner before I got bored with that and just deleted her. Kehinde (the teen, for those who avoided the spoiler tag) sleeps in the little closet behind the kitchen that I put in. I bought her the nicest single bed that I could, since I figured that if sleep is going to be a rarity might as well get as nice quality as possible. The stove, shower, and dishwasher got replaced from the basic as well, so she wouldn't gripe about them. I took a page from haylz's story and got a burglar alarm as well. I don't have a homework mod so I'm playing with the weekly kaching, and started at the beginning, but I could have furnished the house without it. I've got almost 2K left over.
I've got a basic bookshelf as well (like she'll ever have time to use it...but oh well) for skill books and stuff.
And all I can say right now, after two days of playing, is that I do not regret downloading that ten pounds of custom hair. It makes keeping track of the kids SO much easier. The weird hair colors help too (Wantuki and Alistar stick out like sore thumbs in a world of white...).
I'm seriously taking care of the two kids I haven't potty trained yet when I get home. It's literally saved me with the other four, since while I'm putting people to bed or feeding them or whatever I don't have to worry about diapers anymore. Next is walking, since it makes routing faster. All these crawling babies does mean a lot of standing around, which is a shame.
I haven't had to worry about using the teddy bears yet, since on the first day it wasn't an issue and right now the babysitter has their social covered pretty well.
The nice bed helped a lot as well - Kehinde got to bed at like midnight-one, and by five she had almost full energy. It wasn't full exactly, but it was close enough that I'm happy with that purchase. I've taken to calling the babysitter at five, since then they get here early and can help with some of the clean-up before school and Kehinde can shower (did I hear a free mood boost? I think I did.).
I regret not making Kehinde Neurotic now (Why did I keep good sense of humor, WHY.), but other than that her traits have helped her a lot. Charismatic + Family Oriented means that she's friends with all the toddlers on the first day and is gonna make husband-shopping easier when I get to that. Frugal is gonna come in handy once she starts eating real food (Quick meals are just so much faster!).

I'm having a lot of fun so far, thanks for the challenge!
Page 1 of 2