Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#176 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 5:23 PM
weeeyyy I'm pretty chuffed with my score! Tbf I think I need to up my game, my houses are very... ordinary... haha! Also, people keep saying there's plenty of time? Where I'm from, Thursday is tomorrow, surely that means there's not much time at all?!

I'm the sexy guy with half an orange in my face ;)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#177 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Craggles
weeeyyy I'm pretty chuffed with my score! Tbf I think I need to up my game, my houses are very... ordinary... haha! Also, people keep saying there's plenty of time? Where I'm from, Thursday is tomorrow, surely that means there's not much time at all?!

Well the first round was supposed to end tomorrow. So basically we got from since R1 was over (which would have been today but it ended early) until next Thursday

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Field Researcher
#178 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 5:28 PM
OH MY GOD >.< I've got ages to wait, I think I might totally redo mine then seeing as I have more than a week left...

I'm the sexy guy with half an orange in my face ;)
Forum Resident
#179 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenlea
Whatever I come up with won't be exactly jaw dropping lol After the game locking up on me last night and losing all my progress, I'm a bit discouraged.
Sorry your game locked up. I've had that happen before when I worked for hours on something and forgot to save as I went. Here's a some of things I now do to keep that from ever happening again.

1. Set a timer for 1 hour and stop and save your game.

2. Save a copy of the project to the library.
From edit town, click on lot then click on little folder icon.

3. Export lot when you are done for the day/night whatever.
From edit town, click on lot, then click on the "share" to export the lot. That save the lot as a Sims3Pack. Just open your launcher and install it. :lovestruc

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Forum Resident
#180 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenlea
I was too. Sheesh. I dread the next 2 rounds lmao

LOL, I'm not. I'm hoping that even though the next rounds will be supposedly harder, I'll be able to come up with something cooler for the houses.
Inventor
#181 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 7:11 PM
I've so been hoping for a foundation with a hollowed out area so I could make a sunken room or something lol

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Lab Assistant
#182 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 8:40 PM Last edited by Mia138 : 21st Jul 2010 at 8:45 PM. Reason: Addition of another paragraph
Ouch. Finally managed to get online to see the scores and now feel REALLY dumb for accidentally using a custom roof texture . To think I spent ages checking and double checking none of the objects were CC because I didnt want to lose any marks! I was already feeling inferior to the other great creators in the contest and this hasnt helped lol!
Anyway, lesson learnt and I'm off to work some more on Round 2 ...

By the way, for those of you who mentioned above that you lost your creations because your game crashes, Id totally recommend Twallans Saver Mod. (http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=1914.0). You set it up to automatically save your game at RT half hour, RT hourly or 1 sim day, intervals and it does it without you have to think about it. Its one of my 'must have' mods because I never remember to save regularly otherwise
Test Subject
#183 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 8:42 PM
Thank goodness for comments. I love comments. I hate when teachers don't leave comments. Now to go revisit my house and fix the things I was lacking in before.
Mad Poster
#184 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 9:08 PM
Do I need to send HP a PM to get my judges comments?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Forum Resident
#185 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 9:15 PM
Yes, you do.
Forum Resident
#186 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 10:24 PM
Although I quite like it personally lol contradicting comments lol arghhh wait untill you see by bulls up of a house ... its so hard not to make rooms look square
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#187 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 10:29 PM
I don't see a problem with rooms being square. Rooms in real houses are square, for the most part.
Forum Resident
#188 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven_sent_8_18
I don't see a problem with rooms being square. Rooms in real houses are square, for the most part.

I beleive the word was 'boxy' I know what they mean through I just threw that house together I am having so much fun this this house..

TODAY I LEARNT HOW TO MAKE A GAZEBO
Thanks to the crazy people in the create chat haha
#189 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alan_Gast
@fairycake, The layout of your house is sextastic. Layouts are NOT my forte so I wish I was you.

I'll give you a tip: All the wicker in the living room is too overwhelming. I think you'll get more points if you add some more colours, eg. make the cushion part of the couches white, and maybe the coffee table and the lampshade white. I think that'll balance the room out more and make things stand out more. Maybe also change the painting frames to white too? Whatever you like.

hee hee yeah I went a bit mad with da wicker ... lol! I agree, I'll change it tomorrows! Thank you!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#190 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 10:46 PM
I really really love that ya'll are helping each other with constructive criticism and nice comments and I CAN FEEL THE LUUUUUUVVVV :lovestruc

Folks who didn't get the judges comments yet - you'll be in the second batch that I will do asap. Thanks to everyone for being so patient and awesome. This may be a lot of work but it's also a hell of a lot of fun because of you guys.
Mad Poster
#191 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 10:50 PM
I haven't received my judges comments yet. Whenever you feel ready to do it. Thanks.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#192 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 11:27 PM
Fairycake, where did you get that TV, and kitchen counters? What EP is it?

I have all EPs, but... not those . They from TS3 store?

I kinda like them

Currently not able to take requests at this time... sorry!
Top Secret Researcher
#193 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 11:29 PM
TV is a free thingie, I think. The counters is a set

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Lab Assistant
#194 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 11:54 PM
<Sighs>

Does anyone else feel*like me. You work on your house for hours and feel really good about it then pop on here to see what new pics have gone up and your heart SINKSSSSSSSS cos you realise you arent even in the same league and the other contestants? lol
Ah well, its the taking part that matters..and its a great way to learn new things and get new ideas from other people.
Space Pony
#195 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 11:55 PM
Alan_Gast: You're required to have a picture of your living room...just so you know, so you won't get points taken off (:
Forum Resident
#196 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 12:02 AM
I like your house, Alan_Gast, but the exterior sidings look a lot like your R1 house. I think it'd be great if you went for some new siding, or a different color, to change up from your last round.
The other one
#197 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 12:12 AM
Alan Gast, what do ya mean you don't do layouts? I really like the layout you've done there. The inside is simple and flows well and outdoors makes good use of the space (that's just my opinion mind). I just wanted to say that I love your colours, especially in the kitchen. I like modern houses but I get so bored of seeing white and neutral tones all the time, lol.

Mia138 I totally agree. It's disheartening to see so many awesome entries, especially when, like me you haven't even settled on a theme or layout nevermind started decorating or landscaping, lol

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Top Secret Researcher
#198 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 12:17 AM
Alan_Gast: I love all the different colours. It's not easy to make bright colours go together like that!

Mad Poster
#199 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 12:19 AM
I know exactly how you feel, Mia.
I know already that I wont have a great score for this round as I have used an item of CC so wont get full marks there. There were just NO other windows that went with the style and space I had available. It's stupid that there aren't more counter height windows.
I'm leaving it until tomorrow to continue now anyway. I should be in bed. I have work in the morning!

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
#200 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mr.moo7999
Fairycake, where did you get that TV, and kitchen counters? What EP is it?

I have all EPs, but... not those . They from TS3 store?

I kinda like them

Hiya - the TV was from The Store and the counters etc are Ultra Kitchen Lounge set also from The Store - I bought them with my Sim Points when I registered my games. I have to admit they are cute

Page 8 of 20