Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom Walls Repository & Index

by Numenor Posted 28th Apr 2005 at 5:06 PM - Updated 21st Mar 2017 at 8:48 PM by Numenor : Updated list of assigned ID's

373 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 356 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 15
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 5:20 PM
Cool now I will not have to use a cheat to un level walls
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
d) The Prison room (I don't know why) don't need privacy: the sims won't "shoo" other sims when they have to get naked.

Lol! Well they won't have privacy, will they, with open bars for walls, so no point in pretending they do I still have other cell doors you can use with normal walls and the barred doors will work with your glasshouse walls just as well as the newer light-passing walls for players who prefer to do it that way.

But anyway, the in-cell toilets etc are hacked to take account of the fact the prisoners just have to get on and use them without any dignity, so they won't just stand there and pee their pants unless they are very shy indeed.

By the way, that passes light setting does not pass sound after all, even though the file says it does. Well not stereos playing anyway. Haven't tried phones yet.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Scholar
#4 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 6:04 PM Last edited by Rythela : 28th Apr 2005 at 6:08 PM.
So, these are the two Walls in the zip ^.^ These are pretty good. You're amazing Numenor!

Edit: At least now I can make a Prison Cell for a Police Station and throw robbers into it. ^.^ Hehe.
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#5 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 6:15 PM
Yeh sech a clever boy! Thanks heaps for these Numenor - the unlevel wall will easily be my new toy hehe.

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 6:24 PM
If I only had known that the unleveled wall would be considered that useful, I'd shared it before: I have created it months ago, but I never thought to post it (people are still a bit scared about altering game files).

I'm glad that you like it! :D
Forum Resident
#7 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 6:35 PM
the lack of privacy need is easy to explain. i once had some sims on an empty lot and gave them objects required to live, but no rooms. they used the shower even though there were other people on the lot. the same didn't work when i built them a house.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 7:15 PM
Awesome! Thanks for writing these scripts for people like us who are too dumb to figure it out on our own... :p
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 7:35 PM Last edited by Tazzianna : 28th Apr 2005 at 7:37 PM.
I hope you don't think this is stupid ...

Where do I put this if I have University since I have this install route for both TheSims2 and TheSims2University? I want to assume I put it in University but this thread doesn't say anything about EP ready... but it is right?

I thought we could use the glass door and window without changing the walls.txt but I just tried it in my game and used move objects on and they are either completely invisible or when put on a wall you can barely make out they are there lol... I'm def doing something wrong. :Slap:
Field Researcher
#10 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 7:38 PM
Wow, very cool! Thank you. You are really talented
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 9:34 PM
TAZZIANNA: You have to put the Walls.txt in the folder specified in the instruction even if you have UNI installed. You're right, UNI has its own walls.txt, but you have to leave it alone.

As for using the windows without the invisible walls, you actually can do it; but you don't have to place them on any wall: just place them in the open air, side by side, creating a glass wall. Obviously, since there is no wall, the glass room will be treated as an "outside" area.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#12 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 9:41 PM
Oops!! I've been using the walls.txt in the Uni directory all the time. I had assumed you mean just the directory that goes with your current installation.

I had formed the impression that the Sims 2 installation had become more or less obsolete after installing Uni. I mean it's not like we got Uni cheaper as an upgrade than if we'd bought it first.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 11:48 PM
good work as always. thank you numenor!
Test Subject
#14 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 12:08 AM
I too use the prison objects, so I was thrilled to have the new barred window. But, when I attempted to install this mod I discovered, much to my surprise, I have no TSData directory. Any thoughts on that one?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 12:29 AM
INGE: actually, you can put my walls.txt in any of the two installations (TS2 or UNI), and it will work anyway. I always suggest to put it in the standard game folder (not in the UNI one), so that all the users have the same configuration.

FIRELIZARD: the TSdata folder is located in the gamedir, not in MyDocuments; Look into C:\Program Files\EA Games.
Test Subject
#16 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 3:16 AM
I, like everyone else, love the invisible walls. However, I wanted to mention that I built glass walls around two cribs in a home and, of course, a door. The whole thing, all three connected walls, moved over one tile. This happened twice. I rebuilt the walls in the same place after the first time they moved, and they moved over one tile again. All three connected glass walls just scooted over in the same configuration as they were built. Has anyone else had anything like this happen? IS there any known reason for it? I've never seen walls move before. I did replace my wall.txt as instructed. I just thought that I should mention this.
Test Subject
#17 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 3:42 AM
Default Thanks
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
FIRELIZARD: the TSdata folder is located in the gamedir, not in MyDocuments; Look into C:\Program Files\EA Games.

Thanks. I found it.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 8:11 AM Last edited by Numenor : 29th Apr 2005 at 8:25 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Go4fall
I, like everyone else, love the invisible walls. However, I wanted to mention that I built glass walls around two cribs in a home and, of course, a door. The whole thing, all three connected walls, moved over one tile. This happened twice. I rebuilt the walls in the same place after the first time they moved, and they moved over one tile again. All three connected glass walls just scooted over in the same configuration as they were built. Has anyone else had anything like this happen? IS there any known reason for it? I've never seen walls move before. I did replace my wall.txt as instructed. I just thought that I should mention this.

This is the oddest thing I've never heard Thank you for having reported this issue, I'm going to test it right now.
You talk about "three connected walls": is the fourth a normal wall?

EDIT: I couldn't replicate the problem you talk about... Look at these pictures: is this configuration similar to the one you used? And when did it happen the problem: while still in build mode or after a while that you were playing? Does it happen again if you build the glass room, in the same configuration, in another part of the house?
Screenshots

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#19 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 6:16 PM
Wow! Very cool, thanks!
#20 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 7:30 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Wow
Really cool
Magnificent
Awsome
Excellent
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 11:25 PM
I have a problem with this. After I installed this in the section you said my game crashes about 5 minutes into using any wall tool and it has happened on 3 different lots while using the wall tool. I took it out and put in the original and the game works fine now because I was building for about 1 hour and everything worked smoothly with no crashes. Just thought I would let you know.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 1:06 AM
I am a HUGE fan of the unlevel wall and have been using it constantly since you explained it to me on the glass wall thread. It makes building those split staircases a breeze!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 1:11 AM
It should be noted however that you need the package files to go with this txt file no?
Scholar
#24 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 3:49 AM Last edited by Rythela : 30th Apr 2005 at 3:55 AM.
Curious. Does this package have the All the walls and does that I mean I need to take the ones off from the other post or does this just have the information to put in the wall text?

Edit: There seems to be no Packages within the zip.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 9:57 AM
there is a walls.txt that needs to be copied into [gamedir]/TsData/Res/Config/Scripts
Page 1 of 15