Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 9:36 PM Last edited by jesterowl : 17th Aug 2015 at 11:10 AM.
Jagged lines when scrolling (Sims 3)
EDIT:

Won't let me delete my post so...here goes.

I fixed the screen tearing issue. After searching online for quite a long time, I found what I needed to do. Set it to compalibility mode for Windows 7. It worked. I have no idea why, but it worked. Thank you random Sims forum poster! *brick'd*
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 1:51 AM
Just some tips:
Have you enabled v-sync in Sims 3, not just MSI? Have you checked your fps in game? Do you have the latest drivers? Also did you see if afterburner is actually saving/applying your settings to the game? Sometimes programs like that don't apply correctly.

Also, your device config is a huge block of text I don't think anyone is gonna read lol. At the very least break it into blocks by starting a new line where there are "==="'s
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 8:45 AM
Had the same problem on my old computer with my Radeon HD 4670, and after testing it with other games and not seeing results, I came to the conclusion that Catalyst Control Centre doesn't force V-Sync like it claims it does.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 9:28 AM Last edited by jesterowl : 17th Aug 2015 at 10:15 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by toxicshadow_
Just some tips:
Have you enabled v-sync in Sims 3, not just MSI? Have you checked your fps in game? Do you have the latest drivers? Also did you see if afterburner is actually saving/applying your settings to the game? Sometimes programs like that don't apply correctly.

Also, your device config is a huge block of text I don't think anyone is gonna read lol. At the very least break it into blocks by starting a new line where there are "==="'s

Sorry about that, and yes I have done all that. Fixed my OP.

Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Had the same problem on my old computer with my Radeon HD 4670, and after testing it with other games and not seeing results, I came to the conclusion that Catalyst Control Centre doesn't force V-Sync like it claims it does.

So...what did you end up doing?