Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 7:47 PM
Default buying from shops
I see a lot of info online about SELLING items at shops, buy how do I buy them? All the consignment shops have Tentacle wind up, iron, rotation pull, drinking llama, ducksworth,ruby, flying fighters,music box,simlife goggles and random other books How do I change this list? do I buy and then they restock? Like if I buy nothing and come back tomorrow will those items still be unsold? do I have to keep buying buying buying till the place upgrades the quality of its good? or is it bad luck that after 3 shop visits and two days I don't have anything worth buying yet? what do they sell? can I even buy a camera if I don't have world travels?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 8:32 PM
There is a good tutorial over at Carl's The Sims 3 to learn more about the Consignment Shops, etc. That document offers a good overview of how to manage shopping functions.

There are also mods available that offer different ways to manage the registers, buy and sell items as well as deciding what is to be sold at a particular venue.
Here are a few links to them:

NRaas Consigner .. under Documentation on that page click on Interactions to see what the mod does.
Ani has several mods for shopping listed under Ani Mods at the bottom left corner of This Page i.e. The Produce Stand, Shop for Clothes, Shop From Inventory
Also at the Store The Savvy Sellers Collection

Functionality varies depending upon how you want to play, what mods etc.
Instructor
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 10:02 PM
I've not seen anywhere mentioned that the "consignment skill" does affect what can be bought (getting rarer items the more you sell)? So I assume that the items that can be bought at Consignment Stores are a bit random and you might have to check every other day.

And if you're looking to buy a camera, you have to own World Adventures. I mean, if you're also looking for something other than the underwater camera from Island Paradise.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd May 2016 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blyss
I've not seen anywhere mentioned that the "consignment skill" does affect what can be bought (getting rarer items the more you sell)? So I assume that the items that can be bought at Consignment Stores are a bit random and you might have to check every other day.

And if you're looking to buy a camera, you have to own World Adventures. I mean, if you're also looking for something other than the underwater camera from Island Paradise.

ok so University didn't come with any cameras? I'll have to get more EA points cards.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 3rd May 2016 at 3:08 AM
You can take pictures with your phone, and I believe University Life adds the Photography skill if you don't have it already through World Adventures.
Instructor
#6 Old 3rd May 2016 at 8:46 AM
Also, I'm not exactly sure why you're looking for a buyable camera, if it's for role playing purpose or as decoration, then surely, there must be some downloadable out there.

However, if you were looking for the World Adventures cameras for their functionality and add different options when taking pictures (such as taking panoramas, etc.), there is a mod here that changes some settings for the Smartphone camera and only requires University Life.