Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 12:33 AM Last edited by nightstar : 24th Jan 2012 at 10:58 PM.
Default CI not detecting duplicates-SOLVED
I have been using Clean Installer for a long time and I never had any problems with it. I love this tool and it has been great keeping my downloads folder organized. I do have the latest version 1.6.16 and since I installed it, it won't detect any duplicate files. I know I have them because I recently had to use a back up of my downloads that I saved and its filled with duplicates. As a test, I created a folder on my desktop, put a package file in and then created a subfolder and copied the same package file into the subfolder. When I ran the installer, they both showed up but neither was pink. I have all eps and sps, I'm running windows xp. Am I doing something wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 1:40 AM
I just did the exact same test and the Clean Installer showed the file in the higher level folder as a duplicate.

So, my only suggestion is that you give me some of the duplicate files that you're having problems with, and I'll try to see what's happening.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 2:40 AM
I used the simlicious gas grill. I copied it to another folder in my downloads and still did the same thing. http://tinypic.com/r/25ouuet/5 This has never happened before, this tool always worked great for me. I ran the installer again, I minimized it then maximized it and it showed the duplicates but once I scroll past the objects it disappears.
Site Helper
#4 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 3:08 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 24th Jan 2012 at 4:26 AM.
You'll need to give me a download link.

Have you tried using an older version of the Clean Installer, like 1.5.1.4, which uses an older version of .NET?

Are your video drivers up-to-date?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 6:30 PM
Thank you so much mootilda, that version works great.