Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CAS Texture+Unitool v1.9.3569 r131 (Updated 9th October 2009 - Now works on OS X and Linux!)

by CTU Team Posted 18th Aug 2009 at 11:31 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 4:07 PM by Nysha

790 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 729 Feedback Posts, 60 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 31 of 32
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#751 Old 5th Jun 2014 at 12:42 PM
thank you so much
Test Subject
#752 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 12:26 AM
everytime i try and open it, my computer says that it has stopped working. help me?
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#753 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 3:06 PM
this is exactly what I need to get started, thank you for making this.
Test Subject
#754 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 9:45 PM
i put them both in a separate folder and extracted them but whenever i try to run it it instantly says "has stopped responding" did i do something wrong?
Test Subject
#755 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 5:54 PM
when i download it for mac it dosent have a .app file for me to use can somone give me a fixed link or something
Test Subject
#756 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 2:00 AM
Anybody know what to do when you accidentally delete a Cas part file? I stupidly did and now my game refuses to run.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#757 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 1:07 PM
thankyou so much for this :)
Test Subject
#758 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 8:41 AM
I have a Mac running Mavericks. I installed mono. I extracted CAS parts and the UnitoolNo3D and put all the files from the parts folder into the parts folder for Unitool3D. I run "mono CasTextureUnitool.exe" yet it spits out a lot of errors saying unhandled exception for lots of things. I do have the xcode commandline tools installed. I have no idea how to get this working.
Test Subject
#759 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 10:33 PM
Thanks for this tool, creators, and many thanks to lavsm for saving our Win7 butts!
Test Subject
#760 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 10:18 AM
I can't even open the texture unitool, it keeps crashing before it even loads. Am i doing something wrong?
Test Subject
#761 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 4:33 AM
how do i set it up on my mac? Macs can't open .exe files PLEASE HELP!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#762 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 6:42 PM
YES MAC!
Test Subject
#763 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 11:25 PM
I doubt someones gonna reply to this but whatever.

I'm having trouble with creating custom content, I created the shirt in photoshop cs6, saved it as a DDS file with mipmaps, but when I put it into the unitool, I can't see it on the 3D preview but I can see it when I look at the preview for the stencil's and it does not appear in my game either. If anyone could help that would be great
Test Subject
#764 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 3:31 AM
The 3D face doesn't show up for me :/ What can I do? Thanks for making this?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#765 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 11:59 PM
So I made a mesh. But how do I add my new mesh to CTU?
Test Subject
#766 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 8:02 AM
Default With new WIn7 install I can't install DIrectX 9 more
Hi, @CTU Team ,
I'm unsure, if someone will answer here, but I think, that is correct report this bad new here:
I have got this week my PC from formatation and it don't allows me more to install DirectX_March2009_Redistributable from this message http://www.modthesims.info/download...840#post4208840 and not from Microsoft site. It gives error at end of installation "Problem inside of system. For to individuate problem, check file DXError.log and DirectX.log in Windows folder." (Sorry, it is my doggie translate into the english, my PC speaks italian language).
Before it has worked, I have installed on my Win7 all requested programs and I have got working CTU too (I have repaired with it one EA's missing stencil on Fabulous Floral Dress).
I will miss this tool, but it seems (as have said techguy, who formatted my PC), that in Win updates is something, which makes DirectX_March2009 incompatible with recent changes. :'(
THANKS POST
#767 Old 21st May 2015 at 4:09 AM
oooo! This is shiney!!
Test Subject
#768 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 5:46 AM
Hello,
I am having a bit of a problem with CTU. Whenever I try to change the color of the shirt in CTU, it will show a change but then when I go into game to test whether it looks good and etc. the shirt is the base game's default color. For example, I try to change the color of the af_Fitted Tank to white but then it stay grey when I check it in game after saving it as a package...

Any help is much appreciated,
Thank You
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#769 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 1:39 AM
Thanks so much for this! It's great! I'm having one problem though - when I put the shirt into my game, I can't use Create A Style at all. It's stuck at one color, and not even the one I saved it as, either. Can someone please help? Thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#770 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 3:13 PM
Thank you kind person/people.
Test Subject
#771 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 5:55 PM
Okay... So... What's the point to the Mac/Linux version if it doesn't even work? It doesn't even let me extract textures from custom packages because I have to find the root folder to The Sims 3, which is impossible, since the root folders are entirely different between Mac and Windows version of the game. You've have to go into the app contents and its impossible to do that? Unless I'm totally missing something.
Test Subject
#772 Old 5th Aug 2016 at 3:11 AM
I have seen other people report this, but I'm not sure there was a solution posted. As those posts were ancient, I'm just going to ask the same question again. CTU is a wizbang cool thing, but I'm frustrated at replacing textures. I have a 1024x1024 texture in the correct DDS format. I go to Designs --> Textures --> Base Texture. I right-click, select Replace Image, select the DDS image (the key value changes), hit the commit button, and in my 3D view, the torso is now naked. The bump map is still there, but being applied to what seems to be skin. Is the Base Texture perhaps underneath? But then maybe it isn't, because the "find" operation returns with an error, claiming it can't find the key.

Right now my workflow is to use TSR Workshop to load up the meshes, then export the package, and load the package into CTU to view it in the superior 3D viewer (and to set up designs and so on). Seems like a needless extra step because of my texture loading problem. Any advice on what to try? (By the way, I did not install .NET Framework 2.0 -- seemed to work under Windows 7 and the documentation seemed to say that under W7 it's fine with new versions of .NET)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#773 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 4:33 AM
Thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#774 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 5:31 PM
thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#775 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 8:03 PM
Thank you.