Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 5:57 PM
Default Looking for the location of sim files
Hi, I'm experimenting with some ideas, and I would like to know where the ready made CAS Sims are stored? Not the user created Sims, I mean the ones that come with the game. I'm using windows 7 and SimPE.
Thanks!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 7:43 PM
Very good question. Various people have tried to find them over the years so they could delete them, and failed, so my bet would be that they're in the FullBuild files.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 8:12 PM
thanks, I'll explore, hopefully I'll have some luck
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 8:31 PM
I've found something that looks promising,
there's some unnamed files in fullbuild0 tagged as SIMO
reading the text, it appears to have references to CASparts and slider values
Do you think I've found something or am I looking at something completely different?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#5 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 8:44 PM
The SIMO files are sim outfits. They include the career clothing outfits, the NPC clothing outfits, the underwear outfit used in the tattoo and body hair screens, the skinny dipping towel, etc. etc. The files defining user-saved sims are the same format with all the slider, hair, eye, and skin color etc. info included.

So, the predefined sims may very well be stored as SIMOs but since they're not named it'll be difficult to find which is which.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 8:50 PM
ah, yes, I've noticed they also include the information for baby Sims
I've noticed some more differences between them. Some have FaceEntryList values that look like slider values, and others do not.
unfortunately I don't know much about code, but maybe that is an indicator.