Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 6:38 AM
Default Additional age stages
I'd like to make a mod that adds one or new age stages that can and can't do specific things, is this possible and how do I go about this? I'm
kind of new to modding but I'd really like to do this!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 12:53 PM
that idea is lovely BUT obviously a huge project
why dont you ask at the modding section of this forum? the general discussion could lead to erm general answers whereas if you engage in contact with modders! who knows where this leads to
so i say: delete this thread and start a new thread in the Modding Discussion

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 8:29 PM
What would the new life stage be? I'm curious because the simguwrongs decided that we had too many in TS3 so reduced the number for TS4.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Scholar
#4 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 8:53 PM
Personally, I'd love to split both the child and teen age stages into two stages each. Equivalent to roughly ages 4-7, 8-11, 12-15 and 16-19. Or alternatively, into three stages, equivalent to roughly 4-9, 10-15 and 16-20. Just for a more gradual gaining of abilities and interactions, changes in clothing options, and more gradual physical growth. There's such a massive change in maturity and abilities between the ages of, for example 6 and 10, or 14 and 18. It always feels really weird to me that those are considered the same life stage in game. I'd really been hoping that future sims games might rework that system, but then TS4 got rid of toddlers and I lost all hope for improvements to the younger age stages.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Field Researcher
#5 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 9:35 PM
Massive amount of work!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 11:42 PM
Not to be a downer or anything, but uh...good luck.
Scholar
#7 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
Not to be a downer or anything, but uh...good luck.

Yeah. I'm no modder, but it sounds pretty impossible. Nice to daydream about though...

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Scholar
#8 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 2:01 AM
I've always thought a pre-teen stage (between child and teen) would be good
Scholar
#9 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 8:53 PM
Preteen would be nice. I also would like a younger version of the child life stage, for example ages 4-7. Child would then be 8-10, preteen would be 11-14, Teen would be 15-17.