Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Sims 3 Patch Downloader

by FordGT90Concept Posted 10th Jul 2010 at 12:11 PM - Updated 19th Sep 2019 at 12:46 AM by FordGT90Concept

1452 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1087 Feedback Posts, 364 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 59
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 4:00 PM
i download the update to the core sims 3 folder in (C... right?
Scholar
Original Poster
#52 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 4:39 PM
I would download them to the desktop so they are easy to find. The installers themselves have to install to the The Sims 3 folder (which they should point there automatically).
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 4:52 PM
This is a great program, thank you! Just one quick question, I have all the EP's and HELS do I reinstall all of them then use this program? and how do I stop the game from automatically updating via the luancher? ok two questions
Instructor
#54 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 5:46 PM Last edited by Gabrymato : 21st Jul 2010 at 6:18 PM.
HALLELUJA!
YOU'RE THE MAN!
You saved my game, and you made my day
Thanks!

And CAW WORKS!

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Scholar
Original Poster
#55 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lpvinyl21
This is a great program, thank you! Just one quick question, I have all the EP's and HELS do I reinstall all of them then use this program? and how do I stop the game from automatically updating via the luancher? ok two questions

You don't have to reinstall anything unless you get errors from the patches (namely, "Invalid File Error").

To stop the launcher from updating, open up the launcher, click on "Game Updates" and uncheck "Automatic Updates."
Test Subject
#56 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 12:03 PM
First I must thank you so much for this I only have one question if it under the column LAA says false instead of true will it cause any problems or maybe it don't matter?
Scholar
Original Poster
#57 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 1:15 PM
You only need to "Force LAA" if you are experincing random crashes to the desktop due to high memory usage. The Sims 3 will CTD once memory usage is between 1.6 GiB and 1.8 GiB. If the game is Large Address Aware (LAA), it won't crash until it hits over 3 GiB.

If you have a 64-bit operating system and over 4 GiB of RAM installed, I would go ahead and "Force LAA." If not, I wouldn't do it until it starts randoming crashing to the desktop.
Test Subject
#58 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 4:17 PM Last edited by simssk : 22nd Jul 2010 at 4:35 PM.
Hi!
Thanks for this program. I was able to update the original base game but for the other 3 I get an invalid file error and the game will not update.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for the help.

PS - I got it working. I downloaded the individual files from the EA site for the other packs and it updated. I was able to verify that with your program.

Thanks again for the hard work you do for us simmers!
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 1:48 AM
I need this but I play sims 3 on a computer thats not connected to the internet!! is there a way to update without being on the internet?! hopefully.... because CAW wont work for me (i cant update to version 4.2: From 4.0)
Scholar
Original Poster
#60 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 2:59 AM
Follow the instructions under "Show Offline Usage Instructions." It is under the "Overview" tab.
Test Subject
#61 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 9:47 AM
Double clicking a download doesn't copy the URL to my clipboard on Windows 7, can you look into this?
Scholar
Original Poster
#62 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 11:01 AM Last edited by FordGT90Concept : 4th Aug 2010 at 2:29 AM.
You're right. Some previous change must have broke that functionality. I'll see about fixing it as soon as possible (don't have access to the source at the moment ).

Edit: Save HTML... will work as a stand-in until it is fixed. You can copy the URLs off the shortcuts in the HTML it creates.
Scholar
Original Poster
#63 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 5:20 AM
1.6.2 should be up shortly which fixes the double-click problem as well as a few other things.

There was some highly experimental things I changed in 1.6.1 (unreleased version) that I wasn't able to fully test. If you have any problems running 1.6.2, let me know and I'll see about getting them fixed.
Test Subject
#64 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 12:04 PM
Wow great stuff, thank you so much! For some bizarre reason my game is displaying two different regions for various parts. I hadn't realised this and was just about to delete The Sims 3 forever lol...
Scholar
Original Poster
#65 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 2:29 PM
Oops, forgot to put the beep in there when the URL to the download is copied. 1.6.3 has the beep.
Test Subject
#66 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 5:17 PM
Can't thank you enough you are a genius!

An angry mouth speaks what the heart,
is full of.
Forum Resident
#67 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 7:29 AM
Thank you for this!

Please come check out my SIms 2 Story "Love Child" Caution: Must be 18+
Scholar
Original Poster
#68 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 4:56 AM
1.7.0 is ready to go (it will no longer show Create-A-World or Create-A-Pattern and also shows you the registration number for each product installed should you need to recover it for some reason) but I think I will wait on releasing it until EA releases another round of patches to verify my changes didn't completely break the primary function (patching).
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 8:12 AM
Having problems running this today was working fine yesterday but today it cant find "ts3ver3.bin" and when i try to download it following http://downloads.solarisutilitydvd.com/Misc/ts3ver3.bin it gives a 404 error

----------------------------------------------
We are all part of the tapesty of life. Weave your threads with the colours of peace, love and compassion my friends.
Test Subject
#70 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rednotdead
Having problems running this today was working fine yesterday but today it cant find "ts3ver3.bin" and when i try to download it following http://downloads.solarisutilitydvd.com/Misc/ts3ver3.bin it gives a 404 error

i have the same problem :\
Test Subject
#71 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rednotdead

I have the same issue, is there another d/l site for this
Scholar
Original Poster
#72 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 1:24 PM
Oh ****, I think he deleted the old bin file. I'll upload 1.7 now...

Edit: 1.7 is up.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 4:18 PM
Thank you for doing that so quickly now working perfectly again

----------------------------------------------
We are all part of the tapesty of life. Weave your threads with the colours of peace, love and compassion my friends.
Test Subject
#74 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 3:54 AM
I had that "incompatible with base game" problem and I installed/reinstalled so many times to no avail! But your program completely fixed the problem! Thank you soo much!
Test Subject
#75 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 3:03 AM Last edited by ivyclarice : 24th Aug 2010 at 4:03 AM. Reason: Got the patch to install...
Thanks so much for your work on this program, too! I really appreciate your help and effort on these.

I keep getting this error during the install on the 2.9.10.007001 WA patch, and am not sure how to handle it: "Error - RTPatch: Invalid file found: Game\Bin\TS3EP01.exe"

I can't imagine that the TS3EP01.exe file is invalid, because I was two patches behind on WA, and the program downloaded and installed 2.7.7.006001 without a peep.

What's really puzzling to me is that I have another computer next to this one, and I have identical Sims installations on both machines (or they should be identical, anyway). On the other computer, the 2.9 patch installed without a hitch.

*EDIT* - I copied the TS3EP01.exe from the other computer and pasted it over my copy. That allowed the 2.9.10 patch to update.
Page 3 of 59