Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 8:33 PM Last edited by Sims99Fanatic : 8th Mar 2013 at 10:03 PM.
Default Hide the Neighborhood/CAS Screen UI?
Since Moo has been busy with neighborhood programs, I was wondering if she could come up with a way to hide the neighborhood UI with either a hotkey like mod or program or possibly a combination of both that can temporarily hide it. By the UI I mean where it says at the top the name of your neighborhood or at the bottom where all the bins are. We can do it in buy/build modes as an in game function with hotkeys, it must be possible in the neighborhood. Also in CAS screen. Perhaps there is already a way to do this, but I haven't found it anywhere. It would be so helpful to neighborhood decoration and bodyshop/sim creators.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 10:58 PM
Interesting idea.

<tab> removes the bottom menu, but not the top area for choosing subhoods. It seems that <tab> should get rid of both; I can't think of any reason why you would want the top menu but not the bottom menu.
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 11:17 PM
Oh I see I was using F10 in neighborhood. I'd like to remove the top in case I have a skyscraper or something. Many neighborhood decor is quite large.
Site Helper
#4 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 4:02 PM
This looks like a bug to me. It doesn't make any sense to remove the bottom menu and not the top. I believe that tab should remove both menus. If I can find out where the tab is being processed, then it may be possible to fix it.
Banned
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 12:02 AM
Oh I haven't tried it with Tab yet. I thought you meant the top menu couldn't be hidden as is. I misread you post.
Site Helper
#6 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 6:28 PM
I'm sorry if I'm not communicating well. You can solve half of the problem (bottom menu) using the tab key. It may be possible to create a mod to solve the other half of the problem (top menu). I'm still pretty new at in-game modding, but I'm willing to take a look and see whether I can figure it out. It's odd that EA didn't code the tab key to remove all of the menus.