Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 9:37 PM Last edited by Katie Turner : 1st Jul 2013 at 1:19 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default So many Issues, can't play game crashing. CAW issues related?
Ok first off: This is not my computer it is my mother, she's the administrators so counting myself there are five other users,

So in trying to fix this i will need the safest way possible or Ill be grounded til I die. Also if you suggest to clean registry I can't do that. I'm not allowed.

My versions are

Base game:1.29.55.014001
World Adventures:2.17.2.011031
Ambitions:4.10.1.011031
Late Night:6.5.1.011031
Generations:8.0.152.011001
Create a World: latest from official site

pets and Sp are NOT in.

Ok first I have been having this problem for awhile, but it got worse a few weeks ago when trying to fix CAW needless to say that's not going well.

What my game does is it loads for about 10 seconds then I get a black screen and then it crashes followed by a message from task manager saying "the sims 3 has stopped working."

Now in attempt to fix CAW I checked my defaults and noticed this For Base Game and CAW are: CompatVersion = 14
WorldBuilderCompatibilityVersion = 11

For my expansion backs are : CompatVersion = 11
WorldBuilderCompatibilityVersion = 8

could this be the reason, that both my game and CAW aren't working.
IF you have any suggestions PLEASE HELP!

I really am close to using my game as a frisbee.
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 10:10 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • General - Post System Specs
    We need more information before we can help with your issue.
    • Please post a Quick summary of your System Specs
      Instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki.
    Please Do NOT post your complete DxDiag report in your thread.

Could you also see if there's anything in Game_Help:Sims_3_Crashing_Checklistwiki that you have not tried?

Black screens may mean needing a driver update. Are you allowed to updated drivers? Post specs as shown in the link, anyway.
Speaking of which, can your mom or other sibling help you with running CCleaner? If it is not on a clean slate, we can never be sure if there are issues from leftover problems before the Uninstall that was not cleaned up and so never goes away.

Like my table in the other thread shows, the EPs CompatVersions no longer matters. So you can ignore this
Quote:
For my expansion backs are : CompatVersion = 11
WorldBuilderCompatibilityVersion = 8
as they won't ever match with the base game CompatVersions any more.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 5:44 PM
wouldn't just be easier to put the sims stuff on another computer...we have two.

don't know why I didn't think of it before
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 10:53 AM
Would be the same outcome if that other computer also has outdated drivers...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 4:19 PM
I forgot about this thread, I got my own new computer two years ago everything works fine now, so if someone could delete this thread, that'd be great. and thanks to ellacharmed for the helps anyways.„é
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 4:52 PM Last edited by coolsim22 : 22nd Feb 2015 at 7:36 PM.
@KatieTurner
If you delete the first post, that should delete the thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolsim22
@KatieTurner
If you delete the first post, that should delete the thread

I tried it says I do not have permission to access this page , I've been trying to do that on a lot of my old threads (mainly the ones when of the problems I had on my old computer but I get the same message
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#8 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 5:54 AM
Regular users don't have permission to delete threads in a couple areas. Help is one of them as a resolved help thread may help someone else. This particular one here is probably not one of those, but yeah. There's not much point cleaning up all old (help) threads anyway, so just leave them be.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman