Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 5:33 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Game lags too much and is anooying to play.
I searched for answers around the web, found some stuff, did some steps and the game is still lagging too much.
The whole thing started after I decided to install all EPs again, after giving up playing the game some time ago, but with the will to make it work well. Installed unil seasons and it was working good, with some lags but it was playable. I was happy with it, but wanted to play in a custom world that required Paradise Island and Into the future... I installed them and some custom content I had (not too much), some mods from Nraas and the sholw thing started. Lagging, freezing for 2 seconds, the time sometimes jumps seconds. I have a decent computer, 4 GB RAM, GeForce GTS 450 1 GB, I3 Intel processor 3,10 GHz. After intriguing myself, searched the web and found out that sometimes the game doesn't recognize your GPU. Mine wasn't being recognized, fortunately and unfortunately. So I did the steps to make it recognizable, the deviceconfiglog: [Found: 1 Matched: 1]. I was happy and expecting a big difference, but for my surprise, no changes. Still lagging and when restoring to default video settings, it would go back to 1024xsomething and the configs that doesn't need to restart the game set to low. Well, IDK if the game is really recognizing my video card. Also, I installed game booster, advanced system care to make the experience better. IDK what to do, if the problems are the custom content, the EPs, I've been trying to fix it for TWO days, always restarting and restarting the game to check. What should I do?

PS: I didn't uninstall EPs nor custom content to check yet.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Hi, please post your deviceconfig. It is located in "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3"

Do I need to post default configs?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Hi,

A couple things about your computer.

1) Your system is fine, memory is a bit low. You are running on 4GB, Win 7 requires 1-2GB for the OS, leaving you around only 2GB to run the game. So you would expect disk caching lags from both your pagefile and TS3 cache. This shouldn't be that terrible, but will be more noticeable the more EPs you add. Ideally it is recommended you have a min of 6GB to run TS3 with many EPS, so you can dedicate 4GB to it.

2) However, what you described seems to be a bunch of minipauses. This is usually caused by 2 things, either routing failure or mod issues.

* Island Paradise is notorious for routing failures. If you play the actual IP world, download the "fixed" world on this site. However, even if you are not playing this world, IP introduced water travel which at times would cause routing lags in other worlds too. There is no fix for this, but NRAAS overwatch helps.

* You said "some mods from Nraas and the sholw thing started. Lagging, freezing for 2 seconds," which NRAAS mods are you running? Some NRAAS mods are huge and cycles a lot of things which could lag the game. NRAAS SP is a big one, and dresser is another.

3) To test these issues, simply move your TS3 user folder (Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\) to your desktop. Then run the game, it will create a new user folder. Play around and see if the lag persists. If the lag is gone, then it is likely related to your mods/CC.

I was thinking about upgrading my RAM before, will keep that in mind. The routing fixes, alright, will download them for sure, thought they were not that important. The mods I use are master controler, overwatch, ErrorTrap and decided to try the story progression to populate the world I downloaded. However, it was lagging before story progression. Also I use ani's mods: Savvier seller, Business as unusual bistro, produce stand, tax collector and apartment mod. Thank you for your reply so far, will try to follow your steps and then post it here.
Test Subject
#6 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 9:50 PM
I have Nrass' mods installed too and when my game starts to stutter, I run MasterController's ResetEverything and it fixes it for another few sim days. Click on Town Hall/Computer > Nrass > MasterController > Town > Reset Everything.
I have no idea what it's fixing, but it works for me. May or may not work for you, but give it a try.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 5:51 PM
Some of These Tips might help you out with lag and other performance issues.