Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for July - posted on 1st Aug 2018 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 48 (Who?), Viewed: 1588 times.
Page 2 of 2
Alchemist
#26 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Babilon

ETA: I think I found the tuning file, it's called EatBug_Terrarium, and it also has an added advertiser for Daredevil Sims.


This is going to make zero sense out of context, but thanks for 'confirming' the Daredevil bit. Bug eating sounds like something Daredevil sims would do.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#27 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 12:47 AM
I really hate it when people delete threads. We invest time and effort in them, which is particularly annoying when we could have used that time for something more lucrative. Next time, I'll attach an advance payment bill before engaging in something like that again.
Didn't we have a similar thread some time back about cities and skyscrapers in a new world where OP began to get their knickers in a twist because we didn't abide by their arbitrarily unilateral discussion rules?

Besides, I care neither about Starr nor McCartney.
Alchemist
#28 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 1:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Babilon
Didn't we have a similar thread some time back about cities and skyscrapers in a new world where OP began to get their knickers in a twist because we didn't abide by their arbitrarily unilateral discussion rules?


Yes, we did. I don't know where people get the idea that a conversation can never become derailed whether it be intentional or not, but this endless pitching a fit over such matters doesn't make said people popular if that is what they are after.
Alchemist
#29 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 1:28 AM
What's really sad though is when a thread whose original subject was senility loses its way. It's not exactly painting those of us participating on it as having the entire collection of marbles we once did, is it? I think it's the game, though. It just does this to people's brains after a long enough while, kind of like what it does to powerful GPUs with uncapped fps.

And yes, I can't stand it when entire threads get deleted.
Alchemist
#30 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 1:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
What's really sad though is when a thread whose original subject was senility loses its way. It's not exactly painting those of us participating on it as having the entire collection of marbles we once did, is it?


Since we're off topic anyway...

I was busted last week for laughing to myself while outside watering my gardens by a kid riding his bike by my house. I was laughing about the whole cleavage conversation happened over on the TS4 forum. It still makes me laugh, but whatever. The kid gave me the look as he was passed by.

I don't care that the kid thinks I'm crazy. It will keep him off my lawn in the future.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 2:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Babilon
I really hate it when people delete threads.


Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
And yes, I can't stand it when entire threads get deleted.


Now I'm really reallly tempted to delete this thread.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
Since we're off topic anyway... I was laughing about the whole cleavage conversation happened over on the TS4 forum.


What are you talking about? You're not off topic.

I created this whole thread just so I can mention the double Ds
Thank you for bringing us back to topic.

I honestly have no idea what the last few posts were about or where or what the direction this thread is going. I merely started this thread b/c I wasn't sure if it really changed from "discussion" to "community" or had it always been "community" and I'm just senile, imagined it was "discussion" before. I had an alzheimer moment.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Alchemist
#32 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 2:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon

What are you talking about? You're not off topic.

I created this whole thread just so I can mention the double Ds
Thank you for bringing us back to topic.

I honestly have no idea what the last few posts were about or where or what the direction this thread is going. I merely started this thread b/c I wasn't sure if it really changed from "discussion" to "community" or had it always been "community" and I'm just senile, imagined it was "discussion" before. I had an alzheimer moment.




There was a thread started by somebody passively asking for a bug eating mod. The conversation naturally lead itself into a discussion about bug eating in general. OP didn't like the 'derailed' chatter, got mad, then demanded that nobody 'hijack' his / her thread. OP was then called out for being pissy and not understanding MTS culture. The conversation did roll around to being back on topic, but that apparently wasn't good enough as the thread disappeared shortly afterwards.

The thread started off on the wrong foot to begin with as the OP was tossing "I'm entitled to this..." vibes.

I'd be more inclined to call you observant rather than senile, but that's just me.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#33 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 6:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat


There was a thread started by somebody passively asking for a bug eating mod. The conversation naturally lead itself into a discussion about bug eating in general. OP didn't like the 'derailed' chatter, got mad, then demanded that nobody 'hijack' his / her thread. OP was then called out for being pissy and not understanding MTS culture. The conversation did roll around to being back on topic, but that apparently wasn't good enough as the thread disappeared shortly afterwards.

The thread started off on the wrong foot to begin with as the OP was tossing "I'm entitled to this..." vibes.

I'd be more inclined to call you observant rather than senile, but that's just me.


Really? lol damn, I missed all the fun.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Scholar
#34 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 6:56 AM
I do not like thread deletions either generally. I think it tends to show a I am taking my marbles and going home attitude in some cases. Some threads contain useful information and then are gone. If the original poster is no longer interested, just quit posting. And when we post here we take the chance we will get replies we do not like. That is what happens in forums.

And I will consider myself not senile quite yet even though just had to order a prescription as cannot find the first one, for the first time in my life. (!) I think it accidently fell in the trash......... but who knows? LOL
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#35 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 7:58 AM
To add to the general confusion, I am also pretty sure that we did have a "Community" heading somewhere, before it was utilized to replace "Discussion", but I cannot recall where. Maybe it was inside Discussions to head what is (now?) called Other Social Activities?
Site Helper
#36 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 3:16 PM
Yeah, it was. That was why I ended up using my subscriptions to get to the Sims 3 boards; I wasn't looking for the Social Groups or Yearbook tabs yet.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#37 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 4:16 PM
Thing is, when a topic has been off-topic from the very moment it was first posted, you can hardly blame it for staying that way.

Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88 - it's the hottest new show on YT this season!
Already renewed for '89!

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
staff: retired moderator
#38 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 11:13 PM

Remember, we have always been at war with Eastasia.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#39 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
we have always been at war with Eastasia.

They've been giving us a hard time and they're treating us very, very unfairly. Of course we are.

Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88 - it's the hottest new show on YT this season!
Already renewed for '89!

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Forum Resident
#40 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 4:59 AM
I didn't notice the change, but I'm still going senile.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 2:42 PM
I don't remember ever not having amnesia.

Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88 - it's the hottest new show on YT this season!
Already renewed for '89!

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Site Helper
#42 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 1:07 AM
It was related to a prescribed medication which I have since been switched away from, but I did once have to look up my latest tax records to find out what my own name was. (But I still have a tendency to realize what that odd ringing noise is all about just about the time the person at the other end decides that I'm not answering the phone and gives up on the call. )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Alchemist
#43 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 1:23 AM
I once had a custom ring device, it's probably still stashed away in a box somewhere, for my landline phone decades before most of us had cellphones. There were a lot of choices, but one of my favorites was an impatient lady's voice saying "Excuse me, you have a call!" and she got progressively louder with each ring. Might something like that for a ringtone help here?

I've had to look up my own address and phone number on bills though, and I don't think that's medication related.
Site Helper
#44 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 1:48 AM
Possibly...
My husband tried something similar a while ago. He used Awesome God as the ringtone. There were 2 problems.
1. I like that song, so I frequently just sang along with the phone.
2. It gets stuck in my head, so when I wasn't singing along with the phone, I was answering it when it wasn't ringing.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#45 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 2:38 AM
There many things I have to just do and not think about it. If I pause to think it is gone. Things like my bank account #, long library card #, I can type or write if on auto pilot. One hesitation and no. Even with something like my parents' number. And sometimes mine also.
Alchemist
#46 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 9:15 AM
I have many black t-shirts in my wardrobe. Some of them have stuff printed on them, others to do not. For reasons that are beyond me, I seem to have taken to wearing the non-printed ones inside out for some ridiculous reason. I discovered that I did this on Thursday after I got home from doing errands, then I did it again yesterday.

I'm not the kind of person to try to wear something twice, especially this time of year. Nor do I have a 'clean' and 'dirty' clothes piles sitting on my floor, so I can't say that I accidentally picked from the wrong pile. I guess if this is going to be the new thing, I need to stop buying plain, black t-shirts...
dodgy builder
#47 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 12:37 PM
I first noticed the length of the menu on my computer was shorter, then I read this thread. Perhaps they changed more then just one word, or did I just get it wrong?
Alchemist
#48 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 3:19 PM
Honestly, I rather have a thread get locked rather be deleted (and enabling privilege for OP's to do just that) it, when it gets derailed/hijacked. It's really unfair and scummy, but I would understand If the thread was created with intent to spread toxicity or alike. Also, kinda wondering where is a forum section to provide feedback about the forum's features? I quite often end up wanting to voice my input about the forum, but realizing there isn't actual place for that. Though I guess for now and until then I can just share it on Off-Topic board.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Alchemist
#49 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 4:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I quite often end up wanting to voice my input about the forum, but realizing there isn't actual place for that. Though I guess for now and until then I can just share it on Off-Topic board.

Under the Site menu, not Community, is this not the board you are looking for?
http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=24
Page 2 of 2
Back to top