Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ebec17
Also, I have a question about the pose player update. Do you know if you can use the poses that aren't updated for that new list feature for the pose player? Because I'm scared to download some in case they cause my game to crash.

I've just downloaded it and taken my pictures. they still work but for the ones that haven't been updated you need to use the 'Pose by Name' option not the 'pose from list' option.
Advertisement
#52 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 7:28 PM
I downloaded the updated version and it works fine for me. I have no problems =D
The other one
Original Poster
#53 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 7:31 PM
Just so you all know, I'm updating the countdown timers now to reflect the new deadline for applications of 23 Jun @1500 PDT/0000 CEST. Technically you still get the full week (if you started on 16th) because I purposefully added an extra couple of days to the application stage (the dates Beeps gave me in the second post allowed for 4 weeks and 3 days). I'll try to have the new one posted a couple of hours before so it's before bed time, lol.

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 8:10 PM Last edited by happymintchocolate : 24th Jun 2011 at 1:34 AM.
OK so here is my entry hope it's OK, let me know if any changes need to be made and I'll do them.

Ted Styles

(Zoomed In, Zoomed Out)

Hello,
My name's Ted, Ted Styles. I'm from the city lights of Bridgeport, when I was little my parents died in a fire so me and my brother were sent into a care home. I was always told I would be adopted quickly as I was one of the beautiful children. When my brother and I were adopted within only two days it boosted my confidence but made me crave people's attention to my looks. After being adopted our family moved to Sunset Valley. I know being a model will help settle this thirst and I am willing to have any alterations to make the experience last longer.

I will Survive

(Here are the other versions for this shoot. I couldn't decide which costume I liked but this one got chosen in the end: Link #1, Link #2)

Survival has always been a big issue for me since my parents death. I am certain I will not die young like them and have made an agreement with myself that I will survive anything that life throws at me even death.

I will do anything for love (but I won’t do that)

(Original)

Being a Hopeless Romantic as well as being Family-Orientated can have it's downsides. I am always yearning for a family of my own, and being easy fooled into loving someone means woman will often abuse that side of me for one night stands and just use me. Why can't i be loved?

Other Info

Traits: Star Quality, Family-Orientated, Hopeless Romantic, Athletic and Artistic.

Favourites: Classical Music, Hamburger, Red.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 8:24 PM Last edited by nhayes17 : 23rd Jun 2011 at 8:35 AM.
Default Eve McCcabe - finished
Eve McCabe Porttolio - R1 Completed

Headshot

EVE McCABE: 19 going on 35
passionate: independent: part fashionista: a contradiction: hopeless romantic: cynical: spontaneous: no good at writing in sentences: wild child:
part geek: stylish: guitar lover: tomboy: headstrong: don't label me: rebel: all of these: none of these: more than these

..ooh and funny, did I mention funny?

Song 1 - I Will Survive

"I may be dead but I can still live.. right?"

Song 2 - Rebel Yell

"Aren't Rebels too cool to yell?"

Check out my sims blog - Monkeys with Technology
My pixels@SU

Field Researcher
#56 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 8:26 PM
Yay, more contestants!

Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
So my useful links are useless, eh? I just double checked them and the MTS-1 link works for me. Did you maybe see the “switch to TS2” logo at the top of the page and have a minor brain fart? (I only ask because I do that often, lol) Or is there something weird going on at my end? Good spot with link2. It did have all the first lot of pose packs that were uploaded before they created the sub folder specifically for poses but looks like they moved them all to the correct folder now. So you’re not missing out on any….if you can get the first link to work that is, lol.

Lol, I tend to do that, too! However, this time I'm sure it was TS2 stuff, as on the page there were downloads like this and this, and the little icon on the top said switch to TS3. Seems it's ok now, though... probably my computer just decided to go crazy, dunno
Forum Resident
#57 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 9:50 PM
I really choose a good contest to compete in huh. With the best sim makers hahaha. Fail.

I was going to judge, but I wanted to join, I have never done a sim contest before. And it is fun.

Also, (hails Nhays) where you get that concaved bob???? I want it lol

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 9:52 PM
Kayla - you are doing great from your pics, love the I will survive one, as long as you have fun its all good

Everyone is doing a great job so far

I've no idea what to do for my 2nd song

It's on MTS - tron bob, just search tron

My pixels@SU

Forum Resident
#59 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 10:00 PM
The one on the background sim, holding her belly.

and thank you so much.. I must of been having a good creative day

Lab Assistant
#60 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kaylarox
The one on the background sim, holding her belly.

and thank you so much.. I must of been having a good creative day

Oh that's a peggy freebie - if you search free hair its on p15 I think

My pixels@SU

Field Researcher
#61 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 10:14 PM Last edited by Astraea Nevermore : 19th Jun 2011 at 10:25 PM.
I really choose a good contest to compete in huh. With the best sim makers hahaha. Fail.

I was going to judge, but I wanted to join, I have never done a sim contest before. And it is fun.

Also, (hails Nhays) where you get that concaved bob???? I want it lol

Gotta agree with Nhayes, you're doing really well and I love your pics! Party like it's 1999 is really great, loved the lights... and the crocodile, lol!

So no worries and just keep having fun!

@ nhayes: just choose the title that inspires you the best for your second song! I'll admit I saw many of my favourite songs in the titles list, but -don't ask me why - none of them, apart from Time Is Running Out, inspired me enough original ideas for pics, so I went for a completely random title for the second song XD (yes, I had never listened to Boulevard of Broken Dreams 'til yesterday. Yay me ) Anyway don't worry, there's still a lot of time!
Forum Resident
#62 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 10:20 PM
lol for the 2nd one, I had an idea for a set - then I couldn't figure out which song, I wanted to put it under hahaha. And thanks Hays.

P.s the crocodile was a must hahaha, found it in buydebug.... I wish I had one at my house lol

Lab Assistant
#63 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 10:34 PM
Not a Greenday fan? Your pics rock btw Astraea

There are a few I have ideas for but not sure I can pull it off in sims 3 - sims 2 would have been easy. I need a freezer clock for sims 3

Kayla - shame Crocodile rock wasn't an option :D

My pixels@SU

Field Researcher
#64 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nhayes17
Not a Greenday fan? Your pics rock btw Astraea

Thanks! =) Well, I know them by name, a few years ago they were very famous over here, but I never really listened to them, although I remember liking a couple of tracks. They're in my long "bands one day I'm gonna listen to with more attention" list!

Quote:
There are a few I have ideas for but not sure I can pull it off in sims 3 - sims 2 would have been easy. I need a freezer clock for sims 3

Oh, I see! Never had the chance to use TS2's freezer clock (as far as I remember, it required AL and I never got it ), but it was definitely one of the most useful mods for taking pics! Would be great to see it in TS3, too!
Anyway, I'm sure you'll still do a great work

P.s the crocodile was a must hahaha, found it in buydebug.... I wish I had one at my house lol

hell yeah, I would love to have one too!

P.S.: I just noticed this:
Quote: Originally posted by picass0blue
Jorn seems awesome (: I nearly went with a guy too, but Ramona looked too interesting and my boys could hardly match up to Jorn in handsome eccentricity! Last two photos are to come once I get some sleep and can make sensible choices of posery.

Thank you so much! Your girl is awesome and very unique, as well! Can't wait to see the other pics
The other one
Original Poster
#65 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 11:04 PM
Awesome! New entries Loving your work guys. New entrants are now added.

WTF is a freezer clock? What does it do?

Field Researcher
#66 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
Awesome! New entries Loving your work guys. New entrants are now added.

WTF is a freezer clock? What does it do?

This one. Allows you to freeze a sim in the middle of a particular animation, so that, if you have more than one sim in your scene and need to stop 'em during a particular moment of the animation to get *that* perfect combination of poses without struggling, you can do that! Really useful for sims pics and machinima! :D
It's only available for TS2, though.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 11:11 PM
Yay! more contestant :D

@missroxor : can I know ur timezone? Since I'm in GMT+8, I might not be online when the others do :p

what's machinima?

My girl was in MAKE ME A MODEL! contest by missroxor

check out my facebook rp account and my tumblr for pictures
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Astraea Nevermore
This one. Allows you to freeze a sim in the middle of a particular animation, so that, if you have more than one sim in your scene and need to stop 'em during a particular moment of the animation to get *that* perfect combination of poses without struggling, you can do that! Really useful for sims pics and machinima! :D
It's only available for TS2, though.

It was a lifesaver when you had lots of sims to position, so hard without it lol

My pixels@SU

The other one
Original Poster
#69 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 11:44 PM
Ah, that does sound useful. Wonder why nobody has tried to make it for TS3?

ngluvjj my time zone is PDT but I've linked to countdown timers in the first post so you don't even have to work it out, it already tells you how many days, hours, minutes you have left I linked it twice I think, once under the heading "rounds" and once under the "Portfolio" banner.

Lab Assistant
#70 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 11:59 PM
It's just that I don't want to miss the second round requirements because it seems the time you use for the timer is 12 hours difference to my time.
So the round will be over when I'm asleep, then you post the rules, then when I wake up (or checking my laptop) the site is already closed

My girl was in MAKE ME A MODEL! contest by missroxor

check out my facebook rp account and my tumblr for pictures
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 12:41 AM
Ok I am done barr any tweaking

Feels weird being in a contest again, can't wait to see everyone else's finished rounds

My pixels@SU

Lab Assistant
#72 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 1:00 AM Last edited by Shadow_Girl : 21st Jun 2011 at 8:48 PM.
Default Finished.
Actually, if you use "Pose by name" and enter an invalid pose name, your sim will just freeze in whatever they are doing.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Headshot

My name is Elizabeth Finkel, I am 25 years old, and I come from the small town of Twinbrook. I am French. I enjoy reading, listening to Electronica music, and the color violet. I try to be kind to people, even ones who aren't very nice to me, and my friends say I am a lucky, family-oriented, perfectionist. I want to be a model because I am plus-sized, and not many models are. I am very confident about my appearance; I don't care what others think.

I Believe I Can Fly

This picture is my favorite, because to me it represents how I may be held down on the ground right now, but someday I will reach my goals and soar.

Why Can't I be you?

I like this picture because the sim in the mirror is actually a stunt double they found for me-the "mirror" is a glass wall.
Forum Resident
#73 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 1:21 AM
Oh this is fun. Can I have the next round now? hahahaha

Lab Assistant
#74 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 1:23 AM
Do we still have the same size limit on contest pics? I hate making mine so small and not .png

My pixels@SU

Forum Resident
#75 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 1:25 AM
They are mts rules I thought. but you are aloud .png. Meh what would I know. Also - love your round 2 :D

Page 3 of 23