Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 9:05 AM
Default How do I post in Nraas chatterbox?
So I have a question related to Nraas mod and I wanna ask them. I signed up on wikispaces and requested permission to post on Nraas wikispaces which was granted. I can edit their pages now but I don't knoe how to post on chatterbox. The edit option won't appear in the chatter box page but it will in the other pages.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 12:54 PM
go here http://nraas.wikispaces.com/page/messages/Chatterbox

and click on the big blue button marked "New Post"
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vrusso

OR .. if you are landing On This Page scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on More Messages. This will bring you to where vrusso linked.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 2:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vrusso

Lol you must think I'm a moron, I never landed on that page tbh. I'm not used to wikis, forums are easier lol. New post button was not available when I checked chatterbox. But when I clicked your link it helped

Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
OR .. if you are landing On This Page scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on More Messages. This will bring you to where vrusso linked.

Thanks yea I was having that problem I didn't see the new post button before because I didn't click on More Messages.
Site Helper
#5 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 5:39 PM
You are not the first one to have that problem. To be honest, the major reason I found it the first time was because I had given up looking for it and decided to read everything that was there instead.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 11:18 PM
Nobody thinks anyone here is a moron. There is an illustrated guide on how and where to post (and how to become a member to gain that privilege for those who need help with that) on the front page of our wiki.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com

We are painfully aware of the wiki's shortcomings and how less than completely intuitive getting ordinary sounding things done can be, but it was never really intended to be an obstacle course. We will be moving NRaas to our own site with a much more controllable feature set in the near future. Much work has already been done to get the new site ready. All I am permitted to say about it right now is that, in keeping with the traditions of Twallan, it will be orange.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by skydome
Lol you must think I'm a moron, I never landed on that page tbh. I'm not used to wikis, forums are easier lol. New post button was not available when I checked chatterbox. But when I clicked your link it helped

I dont think any such thing. I posted that link because i like it better than the one the other poster used, and I KNOW it works. I actually have it saved in my browser as my portal for the site. Glad it helped
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 2:29 AM
I'm confused here...
This page http://nraas.wikispaces.com/NRaas+I...ere%20To%20Post says to post on the mod's discussion topics for specific mods.

I'm hearing post everything in NRAAS Chatterbox on Mod The Sims.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 3:35 AM
The individual mod message pages dont see as much traffic, unless one of the regulars happen to "drive by" on it, so they now encourage folks to post in the chatterbox, where it is more likely to be seen. The old notice just hasnt been removed, most likely since they are working on migrating anyway.

Short version, yes, post in the chatterbox
Mad Poster
#10 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 4:04 AM Last edited by igazor : 26th Mar 2017 at 8:51 AM.
The page is not old, what it is saying is that bug reports ("Issues with existing functionality"), script log help threads, and mod enhancement requests go on the mod specific pages as one would expect a more limited audience, that would include mod developers, to react and discuss them. For general usage questions and everything else and/or when in doubt if what you've got in front of you is really a bug, which is probably more often than not at first, or cannot tell which mod really needs to be focused on, Chatterbox reaches more viewers and is fine too. We can't move threads (which is a really unusual limitation) but we can gently suggest using CB when we see one that isn't getting the readership that it otherwise should.

It's always okay to err on the side of the board with the larger audience, meaning CB, so as not to waste time in getting a response even if it's not from a developer. I've updated that Where to Post entry just now, but am not sure I've really improved it any by doing so.