Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 23rd Jun 2012 at 4:01 AM
I am really in love with this challenge. :lovestruc I had never heard of such a challenge, whenever I finish doing the challenge I've already started, I must do this one. <3 Would you have to stick with certain traits for each generation? Like obviously some might need snob and such, but for the last one what traits would be a must?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 11:13 PM
I love this challenge! And I've began writing a legacy for it!
http://mknyluvr1314.livejournal.com/5337.html
Test Subject
#78 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 6:27 PM
Hi! So I was wondering, if your sims can't, uhhh, have a child , is it an option to adopt, or will that validate the rules? And, this is amazing, I love this challenge, 2nd generation and you already have me addicted! And I love the name "The Seven Deadly Sims" :lovestruc adorable!
Test Subject
#79 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 4:05 PM
Default The Seven Heavenly Virtues: Sim addition!
I saw in one of you posts, that you might make a Seven Heavenly Virtues challenge. Well, I have never made a challenge before, so lets give it a try!!!!

Okay, 1st generation, just free style, no rules.

Chasttey 2nd generation: You must have at least 6 friends and 2 best friends. You find you love in your adulthood, enjoy being young!!!! At minimum, have 2 kids. And you have to maintain a fantastic relationship with you partner. Adoption is an option if you can't have a child.

Temperance 3rd generation:You must have a level head with things. Make another sim who is the complete opposite of your current sim. You must make it the oppisite sex, and they must get married. At least 1 child. No divorce. No argument. Remember, level head! Adoption is an option!

Charity 4th generation: Your sim must have the good/ evil trait. (Both can donate to charity.) Once your set for awhile (money wise) donate to charity 1 time a week, and it has to be a large sum. Marriage is a must. You must give you spouse a present 1 a week ( flowers are easiest). 3 children minimum. Adoption is an option!!

Dilligence 5th generation: your sim must have the workaholic trait, and consistently work at home. Career is up to you. Since you don't get out much, you never date, or get married. Your sim gets 1 child,only one, by adoption. You don't build a relationship with the child though......

Patiences 6th generation: Your mother never saw you, so you make sure to pay attention to your children now. Your first child turns out to be insain, your second child is a loner, your third child is just plain old childish. You must give your children these traits plus trait that wouldn't make you pleased with their behavior, with the exception on your 4th child who is perfect, and you heir(ess)

Kindness 7th generation: Since your mother was dealing with your siblings all the time, you learn to have compaction in your heart. You and your husband run a daycare center, but you can never seem to conseve a child. You must adopt 2 children, and when their teens, BOOM! 2 more. Repeat until you are an adult, and find your heir(ess)!!! Remember, your sim must have undying love for your children, for fun, make one rebellious!!!!

Humility 8th generation: You still there? Great! As we wrap things up, your sim must be brave, and show no fear! Your a cop, and you meet up with your high school sweet heart. You guys realize that you never stopped loving each other. Turns out, he was cheating on you, wait for it, with you sister!!! (Or she was cheating on you with your brother, who ever you heir is.) Your embarrassed, and the talk of the town. But you meet someone, your heart flutters and you know your in love. He accepts the fact that you hit a low point in your life, and you get married. Children is not an obligation, but if you want to do the challenge again, that's a great way to start over!

Thanks for reading! I'll answer any questions you have!!!!!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#80 Old 27th Dec 2012 at 12:27 AM
Wow! Haven't checked this thread out in a while!

@Selah: There are definitely traits that would be beneficial towards the goals of the challenge, but there are really no mandatory ones. (:

@bmariee: That's awesome! I will be reading it!

@dmoney1922: It's preferred to have a baby, but adoption would certainly be preferable. And as for your own challenge, it would probably be best to put it in its own thread so the comments for these challenges can be separate.

<3

"I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit." -- Bill Hicks
Test Subject
#81 Old 12th May 2013 at 2:54 AM
Default I'm stupid but...
so I was wondering when there are brothers and sisters.. do I choose one to have kids? and move the others out? or what am I supposed to do, because lets say when im on the generation where I have to have six kids, when they grow up and are able to have kids do I choose one to have the kids?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#82 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 2:06 AM
Hi, cutie6792! So in the case of a lot of kids, you'd need to choose your next torch-holder (or the one to have the kids). And you'd need to move the other kids out. (:

"I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit." -- Bill Hicks
Test Subject
#83 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 10:23 AM Last edited by martaemilia : 20th Jun 2013 at 1:42 PM.
Default Loving this!
Let me just say i love your challenge. I was in generetion 3 of the Perfect Genetics challenge and i got bored, cause every generation was the same, but this is something different.

I started up in Barnacle Bay (liking the town) i put a big lot somewhere and edited the amount of money to follow the legacy rules. My sim Layana Collins was a kleptomaniac, so she made quite a lot of money robbing her newly met celebrity-friends Soon after that she met her soulmate Jeff Smith, who was at that time romancing with 2 Caliente sisters! But he realised Layana was the one, and they got married. She was developing the music career, while he was trying to become the Leader of the Free World. Finally, they had her one and only child - little Emma. I decided its perfect and i don't want any more children

Emma turned out quite pretty and perceptive, virtuoso, brave, workaholic and hot-headed (that would be perfect for generation WRATH). She would be a perfect policewoman, but she goes into buissness.
I have a problem with the rules about LTWs - can i just pick one? do i have to take the first that appears in the wish box or i can wait till they reach young adult and pick whichever i want? I did that and i selected Gold Digger as her LTW as she is going to see a ghost of a dead rich spouse
Also, i dont know how Im going to repeat the step (marry, child, murder) cause they are almost no rich sims in Barnacle Bay.

Anyways, the challenge is wonderful, but could have more - for example some traits or LTWs could be obligatory
Generation 2 - Traits - Mooch. LTW - Gold Digger, Living in the lap of luxury, Lifestyle of the rich and famous
Generation 3 - Traits - Hot-headed, Over-emotional or Evil. LTW - Top of Criminal Career
Generation 4 - Traits - Slob or Couch Potato, LTW - Top od culinary career or culinary librarian.
Generation 5 - Traits - commitment issues. LTW - Master of romance
Generation 6 - Traits - snob. LTW - Top of political career, Living in the lap of luxury, lifestyle od the rich and famous
Generation 7 - Traits - loner, evil or absent-midnded. LTW - reneissance sim (you envy the best so you want to be awesome)
Generation 8 - Traits - Couch potato. LTW - whatever, you don't have to complete it cause its SLOTH generation.

I hope you like my extra rules
Tell me what you think
Test Subject
#84 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by harlequinzombie
I'm so gonna try this challenge. x) It sounds interesting. My biggest challenge will be the Gluttony generation though. My sims can eat everything in sight and still don't gain weight.

Same Here! If only it was like that in real life..
Test Subject
#85 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 7:25 PM
This seems fun
Test Subject
#86 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 5:55 PM
For the gluttony generation, can I just flick on testingcheatsenabled and fatten them up?
Test Subject
#87 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 6:53 AM
For extra fun, you can dress them in the colors associated with each Deadly Sin:
Wrath = red
Gluttony = orange
Greed = yellow
Envy = green
Sloth = light blue
Lust = dark blue/indigo
Pride/Vanity = purple
Page 4 of 4