Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#2301 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rennieroo
I'm really hoping that someone will update [Black_Spirit]'s (here on MTS) supernatural hacks to work with Apartment Life. For those that don't know, he gives werewolves the option to maul and kill, and vampires to feed without transforming other sims.

Hiya, I've been thinking about the werewolves hack for a few days, and today I tried to find it. I looked at all [Black_Spirit]'s downloads, but I couldn't find it. Do you know where to find it please?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2302 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 3:08 AM
I want a hack where when sims bring a friend home from work/school (especially school) they'll actually bring a friend where possible rather than some townie they never met before.
Theorist
#2303 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 12:02 PM
There's a hack somewhere that lets them bring back playables if there are any in the appropriate age categories. I can't seem to find it just at the moment, but it's by Cyjon, Pescado, or Boiling Oil. (I thought it was TwoJeffs, but I've been over his hacks twice just now, and it isn't.)

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Mad Poster
#2304 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 2:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
There's a hack somewhere that lets them bring back playables if there are any in the appropriate age categories. I can't seem to find it just at the moment, but it's by Cyjon, Pescado, or Boiling Oil. (I thought it was TwoJeffs, but I've been over his hacks twice just now, and it isn't.)

I so totally want that hack! Going to go and have a look for it now. I didn't even know such a hack existed, so that's awesome :-D
Mad Poster
#2305 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 4:22 PM
It's part of Cyjon's homework hack. You don't have to use the homework part of it; you can just load the bit that asks you if it's okay to bring so-and-so home, and which prioritizes playables.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#2306 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 4:26 PM
It is Two Jeff's. http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=15.0 School bus hack.

From the readme 4. The code for choosing the sim to bring home from school has been completely rewritten. Maxis code was a huge mess. You should notice a shorter lag while the game picks, as well as the code being much smarter about who is picked. Player created sims will be hugely favored over townies, and sims who haven't been met yet are also favored. You should also notice a lot more randomness in who is brought home. It won't always be the last created/born in game sims who are picked.

Unfortunately, I want playables who have been met to be favoured over those that haven't. i.e. actual friends
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#2307 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Unfortunately, I want playables who have been met to be favoured over those that haven't. i.e. actual friends
I think I've seen another mod somewhere that automatically gives anyone coming over a friend boost, so these strangers have a much higher shot of actually becoming friends.
Top Secret Researcher
#2308 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 5:54 PM
I always see it as "they're friends at school and I had no idea"

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#2309 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 6:40 PM
Oh yes, I've always wanted TV sets which only show one channel (or only show movies) for community lots, like the speakers which only play one music station.

Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
I think I've seen another mod somewhere that automatically gives anyone coming over a friend boost, so these strangers have a much higher shot of actually becoming friends.

The in game behaviour does that, it sets their relationship at 20/20 if they haven't met before. But still for me I'd prefer it if my sim brought their best friend home more often. I wonder if it's obvious in the code.
retired moderator
#2310 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
The in game behaviour does that, it sets their relationship at 20/20 if they haven't met before. But still for me I'd prefer it if my sim brought their best friend home more often. I wonder if it's obvious in the code.
I could have sworn I have a mod that ups it closer to 40 but I could easily be misremembering. /shrug
Mad Poster
#2311 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 11:02 PM
Oh I hadn't seen that one. I suppose that does take it closer to friend territory
Test Subject
#2312 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dizzy-noodles
Hiya, I've been thinking about the werewolves hack for a few days, and today I tried to find it. I looked at all [Black_Spirit]'s downloads, but I couldn't find it. Do you know where to find it please?

I just checked for myself and I can't seem to find it either. Very strange....
Top Secret Researcher
#2313 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 2:33 AM
How about a hack to make sims, oh I don't know, PAY FOR ALL THE EXPENSIVE STUFF THEY TOOK WHEN YOU CLOSE THE SHOP BEFORE THEY CHECK OUT.
Can you tell over a thousand simoleons just walked out on me?

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#2314 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 4:02 AM
Oh yes, I've always wanted TV sets which only show one channel (or only show movies) for community lots, like the speakers which only play one music station.

Yes, to the T.V. thing. I never thought of that before, but now I want it!

I like to control my sims' friends more. I recently downloaded the no more friends required for careers just so my sims' relationship panel didn't get clogged up with all these extra people I didn't really care about in the first place. So, once my sim children have a few friends I don't want them making more at school. I want them bringing home the friends they already have.
Mad Poster
#2315 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
How about a hack to make sims, oh I don't know, PAY FOR ALL THE EXPENSIVE STUFF THEY TOOK WHEN YOU CLOSE THE SHOP BEFORE THEY CHECK OUT.
Can you tell over a thousand simoleons just walked out on me?

They are supposed to pay. When you close the shops, Sims who have not purchased anything leave, and Sims that have head to the register to pay.

There seems to be a glitch with shops in general. I've had several Sims suddenly walk off, and then come back next time I open only to pay their stuff and leave again. I've also had reporters leave mid-review, and return the next day to continue (without me having closed shop or anything). So, it may be that they return and pay for their things next time you open the shop
Scholar
#2316 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 10:26 PM
I'd like to see one that gives aliens special powers. Like maybe they could summon the spaceship, and choose another sim to get abducted. Just to make them a bit more alieny.
#2317 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 10:58 PM
Not really a hack, but I would love a driveway tile.
Think of the garden plots, you drag out the plot tiles where you want your Sims to plant. This would be the same thing. You drag out the driveway floor wherever you want it, and as long as it is wide and long enough the car will follow it instead of just teleporting to the parking spot. After dragging out the tiles you place a parking spot over them directing the game to know where you want the car to stop.
I know it's impossible, but running through my neighborhood this morning I saw all the pretty circle and diagonal driveways, none of them are just straight. In some places the may be, but I enjoy getting creative and would like to see my Sims drive on the driveways I build instead of just teleporting to it.
retired moderator
#2318 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BeckyBoo8
...would like to see my Sims drive on the driveways I build instead of just teleporting to it.
The extensions let them drive on the driveways, but if you turn move_objects on and place the driveway whereever you want, it breaks that so they have to teleport. Curved and circle drives would be super cool though.
Mad Poster
#2319 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 5:14 AM
I want a hack that allows Plantsims to change their hairstyle.
Mad Poster
#2320 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 6:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I want a hack that allows Plantsims to change their hairstyle.

I feel like PlantSims in general could stand to be expanded on quite a bit more than EAxis did. Hairstyles are just the tip of the iceberg- I want to see them change with the seasons, like a tree does- I want to see them able to bring life to flowers and shrubs on patches of bare ground- I want them to be able to draw water from the ground just like they draw sunlight from the sky- I want PlantSims to be so much more impressive than they are!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#2321 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 8:41 AM
You can change plantsims' hair by using "Fix.... flashing blue <name of sim>" on the batbox

But yeah, plantsims are kind of boring to play Love the idea of them changing with the seasons. I'd love to see if I can figure out a way to work that in. What if they could hibernate for the winter? You could get them to meditate maybe? Can they meditate for several days?? And they could only spawn plantbabies in the spring.

I add on a kind of "teenhood" for my plantsims, where they have to complete certain objectives of being an adult before they are allowed to get a job or move out of the house, marry or reproduce, as they aren't considered mature until they have done these things. Thinking of adding some kind of marker, either make up or hair or clothing related to show this.
Mad Poster
#2322 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 11:59 AM
You can change plantsims' hair by using "Fix.... flashing blue <name of sim>" on the batbox

Ooh, really? I'm totally using that, thanks!

And you two have now made me want all the other stuff you mentioned for Plantsims too!
Mad Poster
#2323 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 4:53 PM
I guess you could swap in default replacement skins based on the seasons? Or perhaps a replacement skin which incorporates all 4 seasons - spring for plantbabies, summer for adult women, autumn for adult men, winter for elders. I've thought of making a default where the elders turn brown and withered looking but it seemed so sad! There's a plantsim life span hack somewhere which you can alter the BCONs of so you could change their ages so that they only live for one rotation of the seasons, which would explain why they spawn so easily.
Mad Poster
#2324 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 3:19 PM
Re plant sims: I have a default that makes them (or just their hair?) turn yellowish if they are "thirsty".

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#2325 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 3:53 PM
That's not a default. It's called wilt state and it's Maxis made.
Page 93 of 582